1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Newcastle ... THE TEAM

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Feb 23, 2017.

1. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

I'll consider that a bonus point today, despite the flying start. If we could show that level of commitment in every game, we wouldn't be in this mess.

2. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

A point at Newcastle is always a good thing but from a position of 0-2 in front we allow them to come back and equalise. I think the result under most conditions would be a very positive thing but is it currently just covering over the cracks? There is something fundamentally wrong with Bristol City and the people who show up week in and week out are best suited to see what transpires every game and why things have gone so wrong. Anyway full marks for the point and a hearty round of beverages for those that trekked up north and were counted in the noise surrounding the match. What happens next is anyone's guess so over to you whoever you are.

3. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

another good away point gained witch begs the question, why no confidence at home? think we all know the answer to that one.

4. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

YEP the negative a**h*l*s that undermine the team with their "I think I am big, can shtiek louder than you " chants .... well done the fans that made the journey ...see what a difference they made we got a point...

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

6. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Thought we looked ok...bad luck again with own goal!

7. johngalleyfan2

TURNED THE GAME!

8. johngalleyfan2

9. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Results indicate City play poorly at home and away.

Saturday was another defeat if it was not for throwing bodies in front of the ball tackles/blocks from Flint and I think Vyner. City did play differently ... Again. I think it is fair to say that fans would not want to see the team surrendering the midfield at home.

10. johngalleyfan2

I wonder if that is the reason they are near the bottom of the league? :emoticon-0104-surpr

11. Cliftonville

Your perception is that City play better away from home due to the fans that travel. Well for every performance like Newcastle there is a Wolves.

Bristol City languishing near the bottom is not due to supporters.

12. oneforthebristolcity

That doesn't say to me that the players aren't playing for the manager such as popular belief of some!!

13. johngalleyfan2

NO, my perception is not ... you always seem to put "words into people s mouths" irrespective of who they are .... my comments in this thread purport to the crimson army that made the journey NE ...nothing to do with any other away game ....

Bristol City languishing near the bottom is not due to supporters this is statement is a paper over of your "Results indicate City play poorly at home and away." Let me make a statement " an icecream bought on Weymouth beach will melt on a day the temperature reach's 80 degrees" lets try another " if CITY don't win any games they wont have many points"

14. Cliftonville

City can be languid at home and away. There are also glimmers home and away. There is a difference between not playing for the Manager, not understanding the Manger, or not being able to fulfil what the Manager wants.

Saturday displayed what is frequently missing in performances. Application versus peers, or superior opposition. Newcastle had far more class than City, but City's set up was different and the application applied to it was different. Players (midfield and full backs) pressed and the centre halves won first balls and then City pressed the second ball. Something which has not been occurring due to the players being asked to get so compact. Newcastle scored two but City would not have kept them out by going into their tortoise previous position. A point gained not points lost..

15. Cliftonville

No idea what you are on about.

You think fans are undermining the team, well a significant number who went to Newcastle want Lee Johnson out still sang themselves hoarse in support of the team. City being crap is not our fault.

16. johngalleyfan2

Further discussion on this subject are futile, you do not seem to have the ability to distinguish between a comment that says support for SL 's comment on fans disrupting the players by causing a distraction, and total praise for those that journied NE, and a wish that you need to be repetitive in many guises, whilst ignoring what you or others have said .... be they factual or light hearted .... is a pointless path to follow
    end of

17. Cliftonville

I went to Newcastle on one of those orange birds that leave Bristol airport ... I do not know what you are on about.

18. oneforthebristolcity

I was just saying, by popular belief many supporters have been claiming that the players aren't playing for the manager, in other words "No respect for him"
    I was listening to the ex England coach, now Palace manager, just before their game. he was saying, the reason for their poor performances has been not following his instructions/game plan & making poor decisions on the pitch.....these are premiership players that are paid millions.
    Of course there will always be a biased slant on opinions, those who want him out and those who just wants him to do well for the club.
    By the way, I'm not defending our poor season and of course LJ must be largely to blame for that, but I'm hating this, "we lose or drop points" it's 100% down to how **** LJ is......but if we do well, then he shouldn't take any credit bollocks!

wings-of-a-crow likes this.
  19. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

1For
    'but if we do well' - Is defined by our league position, it's not the odd game one way or the other.
    We are 4th bottom so we're obviously not doing well and I want him out.

Now - do you want rid of LJ ?

Please don't come back with there's nobody out there - or I'll quote Einstein at you.

20. oneforthebristolcity

I await the Einstein quote!! Answer to your question, Not unless SL changes his "club management" recruitment policy..I don't want Tom nor Dick but maybe Harry type!!

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new."

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017