1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Year Resolutions / wishes

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Dec 31, 2016.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I'd like to be able to reduce my Gills addiction ! ( I think this resolution will last less than 48 hours.).

It would be nice if JE would resolve to take notice of one or two of our complaints......... it's not as if I mind losing - but the manner in which some losses are achieved, confuses me as much as annoy me.

JE, for far too long has employed the wrong formation and tactics. We continue to play, mainly with McDonald as a lone striker. The occasions when we give him 'closer' support we become far more effective going forward - but this is rare - and is usually as a 'last resort' - when chasing a game ( 0-2 down with only 10 men ), etc.

We play JE-T - stuck on the wings -- not jumping for balls that he should be winning. When he does get the ball he is slow to move forward with any sense of urgency ( a disease that has affected all the team ). When JE-T decides to have a 'stroll', he tries to bulldoze his way through people - or blasts a shot at a defender rather than giving his choices a thought !

Other players need to sharpen their act. Jackson has lost all pace that he had when he first arrived. Konchesky is becoming a liability in defence - and definitely too slow. Wright isn't a good enough leader - or has sufficient quality for his role. Jake is too 'lightweight' - and is pushed off the ball all too easily - His dad must cringe at some of the challenges Jake loses. Dack needs to get back to what he did well last season --- if he has any hopes of escaping Gillingham. McDonald - what's the point of playing a 'proven' goalscorer if you're not going to support him, or provide any service. He can't score if he hasn't got the ball. We cannot expect him to run around like a headless chicken - in desperation of touching the ball --- nor can he win the ball when it's launched (hoofball). We have NO pace in our game ! There have been so many times that have cried out for an injection of pace. Why hasn't List been given a few more minutes - especially in games where everything else was failing.

It's not that I mind losing - but - when we 'try',' as we did at Peterborough ( and for the last 20 minutes at Millwall ) - it proves that JE can change the tactics and formation, resulting in some positivity.

Can I hope that JE will resolve to listen to us ?.................... Happy New Year .