1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Club website

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by rangercol, Jul 19, 2017.

1. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

So, I've just got two tickets for the Reading game (I know, I know!!????). Whilst using the online ticket page it became apparent that the interactive seating map doesn't work with Chrome. So, after all the changes, the idiots have managed to stop Chrome users purchasing tickets! Bravo!!

(After advice from my technical advisor, I went back in using Edge and there was no problem)

Anyone else found this to be the case?

2. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Yeah didn't work for me on Chrome either. Hadn't thought to try IE instead. Ended up just calling up which is another story.

3. rangercol

Works with Edge or IE for me.

4. Bwood_Ranger

You missed the joy of talking with the box office staff. Heroes all of them.

Hoops Eternal likes this.
  5. rangercol

Mmm............I think I may be in for that particular treat before the Reading game, as I renewed our membership cards prior to getting the tickets for the Reading game. If the new membership cards don't arrive before the game I presume we'll need to collect tickets from the box office.

6. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Edge? The effects pedals reliant guitarist?Lost me mate, you are obviously cutting edge with this technology lark.

I haven't renewed my membership yet, but on iOS it seemed that you have to take some form of ID with you for this game - implying that they don't think membership cards, which I thought were just the old ones rebooted, won't be sent out by then. You could never search for a specific seat on iOS on phone or iPad, and still can't, but for some reason it worked on a Mac. Hope this is still the case.

Can't make the Reading game but will have to go soon, otherwise it might all be too depressing to bother. I'd better renew membership before the black dog descends utterly.

Paid for the membership now. Suckers never learn.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    seagullhoop, kiwiqpr and rangercol like this.
  7. rangercol

I replaced my laptop a few months ago and a local (very helpful) tech guy set it all up for me. I phoned him yesterday to ask about the seating plan and he said it's something to do with website planners not wanting to use Chrome (he lost me as to why). He told me I had IE on the laptop and windows 10 also has "Edge", which is an all singing, dancing web browser.

sb_73 likes this.
  8. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Hang on to your helpful tech bloke, they are like gold dust. Most seem to treat you like the HiFi shop assistants in that old Not the Nine O'Clock News sketch.

Foolishly left my credit card on the arm of the chair after buying the membership and took the dog for a walk. The wife pointed it out on my return, and responded to my 'I've just bought a QPR...' with 'not a season ticket FFS, hundreds of quid for that rubbish!' before I could finish the sentence. Once I reassured her it was only a £37 membership (including the all pervasive booking fee) I did threaten to buy one if they were significantly cheaper in League One.

rangercol likes this.
  9. rangercol

He lives in the same village as us and, like yesterday, he doesn't mind giving advice over the phone free of charge.

10. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I use Edge, but I still can't get the seat map. Something about my 'device' (I was on my laptop) not being compatible.

11. rangercol

Yeah. I just tried it with Edge and it wouldn't load the plan. My tech guy said try it but didn't check it out. He did try IE and that's what worked for me.
    It's ridiculous that the club can't get these things right.

Any tech savvy people know why this would happen?

12. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Isn't the box office outsourced? I called customer services yesterday because I'd lost my ST, but also wanted to move seats. The person I spoke to couldn't have been more helpful.

13. Bwood_Ranger

I think it's luck of the draw. There are staff there during the week still as you can buy at the ground most days but I think Ticketmaster handle a lot of the calls.