1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nearly 1/2 way through the season...

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Mexican Hornet, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

So, what do you think?

¡¡At least we are in relegation form at the moment!!

Has WM done well?

Your man has got a 3 year contract!

What players are looking good?
    and I mean playing well!

Who needs to pull their socks up?

Like Capoue, who won´t score again this season and just lets games pass him by.

Who would you like to be signed in Jan (within reason)?
    With our "playmaker" out we can but hope some midfield maestro will sign from the Pozzo trawler net.

Is the new regime an improvement on QSF?

Is it? Or is he turning into a goal drought Italain version of QSF??

Personally, we are in 10th http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/premier-league/table so can´t complain. All in all, we are Watford so doing allright in 10th but without a doubt room for improvement.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    andytoprankin likes this.
  2. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

I don't think we're doing too badly

Has WM done well? Yes and no. However I am far more entertained this season. Discipline is a worry. The apparent language barrier isn't helping either.

Amrabat and Prödl stand out.

Most of them need to pull their socks up.

Who should we sign? No idea... looking forward to reading the debate and seeing who we do though.

Overall an improvement. We do appear hesitant going forward and we aren't creating enough. It's still better than last season.

B- Definitely room for improvement.

3. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

I think B- too

We have a lot or promise and on our day look pretty good.... but on other days we just are poor.

4. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Started well but lack of goals and injuries are a worry.

Hardly helps build a consistent team and run of form.

We could do with players who just stay fit!

5. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

B- ? <yikes>

Shouldn't this be "two stars and a wish", Bolton's Boots? :emoticon-0105-wink:

6. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

You're probably correct - but in this context I'd prefer to see eleven stars and a couple of good subs...

7. Mexican Hornet

If anyone can predict correctly who will be brought in in Jan, I´d be impressed. It´s so hard to know what will happen.

The games I have seen have been good or dire. I am not sure how well WM has done, but in 10th after his first spell in charge is a good sign for me.

Everyone need to become more consistent.

I think the B- is a fair assessment.

It is less charismatic then QSF´s term but seems more positive.

8. Mexican Hornet

At the end of Jan will dig this up, as WeATFORD have work to do.

My best mate, a Tottenham fan, was just round. Humble, is the best word I can use, he has seen allish games, but I think he knew we were absolute dire today but just corerivng it up.

9. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Yesterday we were D- i think .....

10. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

At the moment we look disjointed and probably only Swansea are worse. The solution will probably be to buy in players from the Pozzo pool in January. We will be sent a group of players who set Colombia and Serie B alight, we will all rub our hands for a couple of weeks and then reality (or rather the British winter) will set in. The plan of changing managers every year in order to build a team for a year - disband it, and then build it again is going to, occasionally, produce disjointed teams. How many of our present players have played through a busy Christmas/New Year programme before ? Why are we getting so many injuries ? Is it the training - is it our match preparation ? Is there a problem with the medical staff ? Why have we seen nothing of Aidy Mariappa - why is Watson out of favour ? These are all questions I would like an answer to. I do not feel proud of my club, like I used to. A few years ago none of us could have conceived of Watford playing with 11 different nationalities on the pitch - many of them from leagues which do not have the physical side of the English game. We have,as a result, been bullied in too many games this season. I no longer believe that the Pozzo pool of players is sufficient for the premiership - Udinese themselves would probably not survive in the Premiership, so how could it be. The best foreign players Watford have had over the years, Helguson, Gunnarsson, Nielsen, Abdi, and I would add Prödl to that list had all played in the north - and we need to be scouring leagues like the Bundesliga for players. Serie A. is slow, old fashioned, predictable, and one dimensional - so how can we feed off their cast offs ?

11. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

Lots of good points Cologne but we must remember we not using our home grown No. (because we think they are over priced) So with injuries and loss of form we will not have the back up