1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

My view on Chelsea... Sort of...

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bozz, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

I've just been on 606 and seen the Chelsea board flooded with posts from their fans saying Carlo out! Personally I think he needs more time. It's the squad under performing. Carlo doesn't have a magic wand and if someone else were to take over I doubt they'd do much better. Chelsea have such a blame culture. If it's not Carlo It Roman, If its not Roman then it's the players. some of them were getting on Torres' back when he has played about 100 minutes for them, and to think Liverpool fans were ridiculed for turning on him after 4 years.

Ancellotti has a management career which has spanned 15 years and his methods have worked from Reggiana, to Parma to Milan, You don't become a bad manager overnight. Carlo is one of the most respected coaches in Europe. In my opinion When Chelsea's lost to Liverpool is was as good as they have played all season and if Chelsea miss out on Champions league football and Manchester United put a bid in for Torres they'll have to cross that bridge when they come to it.

Had Chelsea of won away at Fulham tonight it would have been a famous victory. Chelsea now have FC Copenhagen coming up and they will present a formidable challenge. All in all I don't think Ancellotti has suddenly changed or lost his ability but I do think that unless Chelsea have an influx of cash then whoever takes his place will have the same squad with the same problems

2. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

I feel for Carlo. Nice bloke for a Chelsea manager. A lot nicer than Roy, the LMA Manager of the Year for the season Carlo did the double. Mourinho deserved Abramovich but Carlo deserves better.

The impatient fans are a modern malaise, though, aren't they? Probably as bad as they get at Chelsea, having picked up a bunch of glory hunters in recent seasons, but Tomkins said he's had Tweets after the Wigan draw saying things like, "One step up, two steps back," as if one home draw negates four wins in a row. We've certainly had fans who seemed to believe if Rafa had been given over £200m how come we didn't have 10 x £20m players, 2nd just wasn't good enough and why hasn't Kenny put the entire youth team out?

3. robin_van_ fiberglass

robin_van_ fiberglass Active Member

You may be slightly over doing it there. Nobody sees beating Fulham in a non-decisive game as a famous victory, and while Copenhagen have an excellent home record they are not a formidable challenge in the same way that at team like real madrid are.

4. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

I think you're missing the joke... Everything I wrote was either something Rival fans or Roy Hodgson has said during his tenure as Liverpool manager. I just adapted it to fit Chelsea's situation

5. Thanks to Shanks

Hahaha Northampton Town are formidable opponents

6. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

UNTIL chelsea replace some of the old brigade they will struggle. Rumour has it the owner will jump ship and buy St Petersberg.

BUT THAT'S JUST A RUMOUR!

7. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

Ancellotti is a decent manager,He's not really to blame for Chelsea's ageing squad.Its his predeccessors and Romans fault.Okay he is at fault for wasting £18 million on Ramires,who is so bad at the moment he makes Anderson look good.He did however sign David Luiz who I reckon is going to be one of the top centre backs in Europe.I heard a rumour that Carlo wanted an attacking midfielder and Roman wanted Torres and seeing as Roman is the one with the money,Roman got his way.Personallly short term,I cannot see Torres doing well there.If he is to do well,Chelsea have to sell Drogba and make Torres their number one spearhead wtih say Kalou or Anelka/Malouda flanking him from either side.There is definitely a serious lack of youth at Chelsea.

8. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

Torres joining Man United.Okay he said that they are one of two clubs he could never play for the other is of course Real Madrid.He hates them.Then again he did say he would never play for another English club which was a lie,However he did say he has respect for Liverpool fans which translates as he would never do anything to upset them,ie join Manchester United.I doubt it though if Chelsea would sell him to them,they may not be able to afford the fee either as Chelsea would look to make a return on their investment.