1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

My heartfelt feelings

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by 55282, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I agree Stumpy. There does seem to be some anti-American sentiment going around. The fact that results haven't been good leads us fans in wanting to blame someone for those results. That in turn seems to focus on the fact that the owners and our manager are American. In the past when we've been in bad form, I don't seem to remember the Danes getting the blame with Laudrup, the English with Monk or the Italians with Guidolin- or even the Welsh with Huw !! . I know it's different because we are now owned by Americans, but the players, and not only tactics are to blame. The mistakes against Stoke killed us, not the tactics. Players should be able to pass the ball 5 yards without giving it away for gods sake !!

swanseaandproud and Kifflom! like this.
  2. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

What were the tactics against Stoke?

As for not blaming Danes and Welsh or any other nationality. I don't think anyone is blaming America specifically, but remember we are now owned by Americans and as such they must take a certain amount of responsibility for the **** we are in. They failed as owners to invest enough in the squad and that is why we are in the ****. If it makes people feel better that Welshman Huw Jenkins is a total ****er and has to take some responsibility, people aren't using it because of their race they are using the term Americans descriptively.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  3. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

What killed us was selecting Fer and Ki as a defensive shield in front of a inexperienced centre half pairing , who put them under pressure by passing back to them only to see it hoofed forward to be won back by Stoke and repeat , Regarding the americans , they are not highly regarded in the PL or any other UK league based that they are inexperienced , have no allegiance to this or any other club they own, they do not understand that teams in this country in all leagues have promotion or relegation so the concept of losing and the implication at the end of the season certainly for those at the wrong end may not be obvious to them . If we go down then it's not just the Club which will suffer but the City it'self with a lack of revenue streams into hotels , revisits to the area , money spent in the area etc . but guess who won't regardless . it'll be the yanks , Chinese or any other nationality who happened to own us , it just so happens that falls on the yanks atm. The new American owners are to blame because what money have they put into the Club to strengthen an already weakened squad of players some who should have been considered way past their best 2 season ago .If they think they can buy their way out of trouble in January and install a manager who has NO experience of the British game let alone the PL then they and those who think they can are in for a surprise .

4. trundles left foot

Good post Boundy

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  5. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

I'm just so angry watching what we seen built destroyed on the greed and whim of those more than most who should and could have done so much more to protect the Club .Jenkins and Co should hang their collective heads in shame but you know as I do that they won't because they don't ****ing care .

ValleyGraduate12 and Kifflom! like this.
  6. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Yes, a good post. But I also agree with Stereo. Our players seem to have forgotten the very core of what was meant to be the 'Swansea Way'. Put high possession stats at the forefront and DON'T GIVE THE ****ING BALL AWAY. The players must bear some responsibility for their apparent inability to do the simple things properly.

7. trundles left foot

But, even though we didn't have a game plan, I would suggest that what plan we did have isn't about keeping the ball anymore and hitting it forward early and i think there lays the problem I think they are now caught between the Swansea way and our supposed new style, players fall into something in between.

Boundy again you are right and i am as angry as you. Our club is now dying and it is sickening and i have that awful feeling in the pit of my stomach. I do believe thank Jenkins and co has sold out and taken the first real offer they have had to line their pockets, never mind if it is good for our club or not.

8. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Player don't forget , they're instructed, coached or trained to play a certain way and that way will either win or lose you games .There are only 2 players left in the squad who were brought through playing the simple pass and movement Swansea way of playing and I'm afraid they're not the coaches , the other one in the Club is Tate now assisting the 18's . Interestingly I watch a lot of Academy football and have watched a particular age group until they're now the U13's and also the U23's and you know all is not lost , they can and do play in that style and are coached that way so who changes it when they get to the 1st team squad , the existing coach, using players not of his own admittedly as was the last incumbent . Bradley is not known for playing free flowing attacking football and it's going to vbe his influence on how we progress, if at all.
    It all changed when Jenkins through his scrooge like mentality appointed Monk who systematically sold off any creativity we ever had , he refused to play Leon and bought absolute dross to the Club all under the watchful eye of Jenkins who just saw the value in monetary terms instead of what value the player would bring to the Club.

9. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

They haven't invested in playing staff yet because January is the first transfer window they will have been in charge so we can only wait and hope. In fairness Jenkins did say and some time before the buy out that the board, at that time, had taken the club as far as it could and we needed new investment. Whether the present owners will invest remains to be seen.

10. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

I'm two fans ,
    One from whistle to whistle ( always happy in support of the players and manager , win or lose in most cases
    And I'm another fan who watches how the team runs itself and has little to with on the pitch activities ...Started out a very , very happy for the first 2 and a half seasons under Doctor Jenkins but changed dramatically since under mister Hide .
    I'm hoping Bradley gets things going now after 3 games in charge but I also know that it takes time for new managers to get a grip on the team .....especially considering how many grips the team has had on it the past year or so .
    Hope Bob figures out combinations that work and see that ones that don't soon ...

11. trundles left foot

Didn't they take over way before the last window closed.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  12. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

On reflection they did take over before the window closed but not in time to make any changes.

13. trundles left foot

Oh in plenty of time. They completed the take over in July. You don't think that they would have sanctioned the dealings we did and the money we would spend or spebt. Even though maybe waiting for full confirmation they most definitely have a say on what we were to spend and that was not a lot.

They certainly have to take some of the blame for our lack of strengthening and any so called investment in to the playing staff.

14. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Sorry they had plenty of time , they had plenty of time to sell Ayew, Williams ,Eder loan out Bartley Gomis , give Dyer a four year contract buy yet another bloody goal keeper and by the way Jenkins stated publicly we had a good transfer window ,ffs in his eyes perhaps but as we can see , those who choose to, the squad is the weakest poorest it's ever been lead by a manager no clear plan or direction in which he wants us to go .

55282 and trundles left foot like this.
  15. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

I've got a positive! Man U are playing out in Turkey right now. A few dead legs won't go amiss <whistle>

Kifflom! and seabreeze like this.
  16. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

.... and they are losing 0-1 away in a Turkey. 50 mins gone

17. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Well he's spent most of his time either up front or on the left wing.

18. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Make that 0-2

PGFWhite likes this.
  19. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

3-4 weeks before it shut.

20. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

2-1 FT. Any flight delays from Turkey tonight?