1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mr B love him or hate him!!

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Norwayhornet, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Afraid I am not on the fence - I will climb up there when he provides evidence of something positive he has ever achieved.

w-y Mrs Lenny is doing fine thans - for asking - gaining strength again by the day - you would not believe it is only two months since she had a life saving operation. <ok>

2. wear_yellow

wear_yellow Well-Known Member

Good news Lenny - best wishes that the recovery continues full paced

3. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Starting to get more Anti as each silent day that goes back!

4. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

hornethologist a.k.a. theo Well-Known Member

My sister tells me that the Bassini technique is a classic method of hernia repair. Says it all really.

5. harrowhorn

harrowhorn Active Member

I think you all need to calm down a bit. Re not answering questions - if there were still a substantial chunk of shares out there (ie the Russos) who hadn't decided to sell or not, and I was very keen to sell, I think I would be wary of coming out with any statements that might influence them; the offer doesn't lapse until 15th or 16th I believe, I think he'll wait until at least then before making a statement. Although the ownership has effectively passed, the deal in its entirity is not yet done.

I admit the whole thing comes across as a bit Fred Karno, but as I have posted in another place, this is what we do know:

He has come up with, in cash, enough to buy the shares £440k; to pay off £1m of the bonds; to provide £3.5m working funds. (for people saying it's only a loan, due to the terms of the bonds this is almost totally irrelevant; it's cash we need in whatever form it comes)
    So - £5m, give or take. Nobody is going to lend that sort of cash without security to Mr B with his record. I for one don't believe that he has amassed enough wealth in 3 years since bankruptcy, coming up on nobody's radar, that spunking £5m of his own is an option - and make no mistake, if it goes tits up in the next couple of years, that £5m is as good as lost- so I can't believe other than he is front man for person or persons unknown. Even as a die-hard fan, how much wealth would you have to have to consider throwing £5m at your club?

With that assumption (and indeed without it), we have absolutely no idea how much money there is behind Mr B. Whoever is behind it, until the deals are done, are not going to show too much of their hand.

I am firmly on the fence. The public face so far has been shambolic, I admit, but I am prepared to wait and see what the substance is. With GT and ST locked into the board (I think the lady mayoress is there to act as a proxy, nothing more), the one thing I am pretty sure about is that it is not a quick buck scheme. It may go horribly wrong, but I believe intentions are good.

6. Al the Hornet

Al the Hornet Well-Known Member

I am going to sit on the fence until we actually hear from Mr B, I would like to hear something sooner rather than later though. I know we all would like some clarity on the whole issue where the money is coming from, is there anymore coffers in the pot? Can we get a new pitch, a new Stand, finish off the SW corner. A statement of intent would be nice?
    Still going to get behind the Club though.

COYH!!!

7. Norwayhornet

Hope your right Harrow ,but I rtemain extremely dubious , It wouldnt have hurt him to release a statement ,saying he was the major player now and he will release a more informative statement once all the t,s are crosses and i,s dotted!! His PR company are crap for sure!!

8. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Serial company liquidators do not post personal details. He probably has persuasive members of his family - who have stood behind him before and is a good con artist - he seems able to fool a lot of people - he has control of over 50% of the club - the rest is irrelevant - he has NEVER succeeded in business.

Our only hope is that he is just a front man for the likes of the Russos who don't want their names brought to light yet - but until I see some evidence of that I am not sitting on that bl**dy uncomfortable fence :)

9. zen guerrilla

zen guerrilla Well-Known Member

What I really have a problem with here is that a chap buying into a club at our level will be everywhere buying favour with the customary "We'll be doing this" or "We will be spending that", even if it's a load of cobblers.
    This chap makes church mice look positively noisy.

Anti

10. OxheyWFC

OxheyWFC Member

'Our only hope is that he is just a front man for the likes of the Russos who don't want their names brought to light yet'....... That's exactly how I feel about this takeover. Mr B must have something else up his sleeve, but for the time being, cannot say anything to the public.
    I know as to be true, and have stated previously, that the Russo have attempted to buy Watford 3 times since February last year, but everytime been turned down flately... So this takeover maybe the only way the Russo's can get there hands on the club!!!

If he doesn't and there is no 3rd party, then watford's future will be bleak indeed!!!!!

11. aberdeenhornet

aberdeenhornet Well-Known Member

Well shareholding up to 88% now so it is a done deal get that extra 2% and game over deloisting and let us know the truth behind this. Does smell a bit mouldy cabbage.

12. geitungur akureyrar

geitungur akureyrar Well-Known Member

That Mr Bassini s a nice lad. I am counting the share certificates I already have, only a few more until I have all of them....

13. Norwayhornet

14. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

The front theory offers a new area for conjecture. OK, so the Russos are possibly hovering in the background but who else might be in the frame?

I offer Lord Lucan as a possibility. Any other suggestions?

15. wear_yellow

wear_yellow Well-Known Member

My suggestion has always been Nigel Wray. I have never believed that he would allow Saracens to leave The Vic knowing full well that Barnet would never be ready for them to start playing there next season without a fallback plan. This is it, he gets to own his own stadium and we become effectively tenants of Saracens.

16. Roger68

Roger68 Active Member

I cannot believe that some people actually seem to think that Mr B being a "front man" for persons unknown is actually a positive conjecture. Why is being taken over by someone who is forced/chooses to conceal his/her identity "better" than being taken over by a recent bankrupt, suddenly wealthy, but with good contacts in the surgical and hairdressing trades? What sane businessman with good intentions would actually choose Mr B as their Trojan horse? All credibility gone before he/she even reveals their identity. No, the "frontman" theory is only credible because Mr B is so incredible. We are reaching Wooterish levels of surreal conjecture here--and he at least has not denied it.....

17. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

Hence my suggestion of Lord Lucan, Roger...

18. Roger68

Roger68 Active Member

I think the behind the scenes schemer may actually be Lord Ashcroft--it is all a tax dodge.....

19. aberdeenhornet

aberdeenhornet Well-Known Member

No you're wrong, THe consortium behind Mr B is Muamir Ghaddafi, Robert Mugabe and Hugo Chavez Frias otherwise known as the three stooges. The team is soon to be equipped with AK47s and told to put down all opposition with no mercy.

20. Norwayhornet