1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mr B love him or hate him!!

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Norwayhornet, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

So which camp are you in ??
    For fencesitter against

As things stand I am in the against untill as such time as we get some more info about how things are going to progress!!

going to try this from another angle!! 2 choices
    Good thing or Bad thing! we all know the issues and qualifications , what I am interested in is your gut instincts!

2. Bring Back Wooter

Things don't look good. Lots of secrecy, unwillingness to make a public statement, question marks over the funds, patchy background (namely bankruptcy resulting in a name change), registered offices appear to be a residential house etc. etc.

But, unless someone here is a member of the board, we are all basing our thoughts on assumption and rumours. This is not a healthy way of forming an opinion, so for now, I remain cautious. I just hope it doesn't all end badly.

3. Norwayhornet

So thats one fence sitter then!!BBW

4. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Usually i'd say innocent until proven guilty, but in this case, he seems to be hiding so much, it's easy to presume guilt. In other words, til he seems to be on the side of the club and the fans, i'm against.

5. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think that most of the questions that have been pondered upon over the past month have been put together in the open letter from the WO. Just for the moment, not much longer, I am prepared to see what his answers are. However I am certain that if he ignores it he will achieve double clown status.

29.gif

6. aberdeenhornet

aberdeenhornet Well-Known Member

I'm a fencesitter because I'm not involved in the takeover. I'm disappointed in his advisors, either the guy is totally inept or a cocky bar steward who doesnt realise that public opinion in this game is critical. If he doesnt wake up soon hes in for a very very rocky ride. I guess that means I'm not on the fence but anti.

7. Norwayhornet

So Frenchie I take it that you are sitting on the fence with BBW:)

8. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If you get one of those survey things where you are asked to say how good the service is, you get the option of 1-10. Your question only gave the option of 1, 5, or 10.

If 1 is bad I might have given a 3 purely on the basis that I don't like what is going on, but there has hardly been a queue of potential buyers, so we are stuck with him.

Asking him some questions gives him a chance to say what the plans are, if any. Failure to respond and my score goes down to 1, but we are still stuck with him unless someone else can see a way of cashing in.

9. Norwayhornet

question was for fence sitter or against, was trying to keep things simple If i include a 1-10 scale it will fragment the vote too much so to speak! from what you have written I am still unsure whether your against or sitting on a fence <laugh> maybe I should have said dont know rather than fence sitter!

10. Norwayhornet

Its like trying to get a straight answer out of a politician!!!! or a Bassini!

11. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I'm in the anti camp - pure and simple - he has had a long time to tell us something good about himself that is a "fact" and he has not done so. He ha a string of failures and not one success so where is his money coming from. I am not a betting man but if I were I would bet that he will put us into liquidation within 2 years unless he is lucky

12. Norwayhornet

Thats 3 times in 2 days!! I am now getting concerned!!<laugh>

13. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Cuddle up MNorway - you know you want to :) <yikes>

14. Norwayhornet

15. Roger68

Roger68 Active Member

Fantasist, frontman or fool? We will soon find out. How he responds to the WO questions will be his first test. He cannot avoid them if he expects fans to buy season tickets in the numbers needed to even pay back the Ticketus "loan" . The financial reasoning behind the season ticket pricing will be the next clue as to how he intends to deliver his "pleasant surprises" . Then the scale of summer player sales. By the start of next season it should be clear what kind of club we will have to follow---who the manager will be, what the playing resources are, what the chances of avoiding relegation/financial meltdown are. So ask again in 4 months Norway. But I feel like the chap in Dad's Army--"we're all doomed..."

16. Watfordftw

Watfordftw Member

I'm against until he can give some more info, seems too shady for my liking.

17. Dyches Beard

Dyches Beard Member

I'm sitting on the fence on this one. Not feeling totally confident, due to the lack of information he's given us, however I'm trying to stay optimistic. Surely he wouldn't have bought the club if he knew he wouldn't have enough money? Well, I guess we'll soon find out..

18. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Welcome to not606 SDG

19. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

I'd say I'm on the fence... but leaning towards the anti side at the moment. He needs to come out and answer the WO questions, and until then, I will keep moving towards the side of Anti-Mr B

20. wear_yellow

wear_yellow Well-Known Member

In the classic words of Mr Stevie Wonder:-

He's a man with a plan
    He's got a counterfeit Dollar in his hand...

Shiny suited spiv, nothing more, nothing less