1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Moyes

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Just my opinion mate, no need to wet your knickers over it, we're all different.

2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

You mean like you wet yours when you saw someone daring to criticise a United player, so you lashed out where you thought you'd get a reaction?

Get them changed mate your seat's soaked.

3. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

I've mentioned this a few times, Tees. Good thread.

All he has done is signed players form the North West and wasted double the money that Allardyce spent. Allardyce done 10x the business Moyes has done. It may be a blessing in disguise he isn't being handed big money. I remember he signed a player when at Everton for about 14m and he turned out to be absolute ****e, think he was either Russian or Ukrainian. For a football man, his knowledge on players worldwide seems to be very, very limited.

He has had more than long enough to get his tactics across, yet 6 months later, we still don't know what he's trying to do. His interviews are very negative and his demeanour is very negative. He's been unlucky with injuries, but overall I haven't been impressed with him. 3/10

I'd keep him when we go down, as I think he'd do well in the Championship on a minimum budget, but I'd get shot of him if we come back up.

Teessidemackem likes this.
  4. Tel (they/them)

Lashed out?

Oooh please don't criticise our hero...

Crying like a slapped slut cos somebody said some nasty words about a nobody <laugh>

5. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

I get both sides of this. I simply don't like people because they are ex mags. Fact of life.

At the same time, though. Quinn saved us from slipping down the leagues even further and turning into a nothing club. He came in when we were rock bottom of the Championship and brought big investment, first with Drumaville and then with Ellis Short. We have had the best players here in my lifetime, before him even when we went to the top division, we still had and were signing championship players, and we have had the longest run in the top division. Quinn was the main man responsible for all of this. Of course we are going to worship him, mate. Not forgetting he also was a cracking player for us, as well.

Fentonpell and flandersmackem like this.
  6. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

It's funny because you're describing your reaction to criticism of Januzaj but you lack the self awareness to realise it.

7. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

100%

Quinn is woven into the very fabric of SAFC....I guess only someone who isn't truly connected with our club wouldn't "get it"

Fentonpell likes this.
  8. Tel (they/them)

WTF ar you even talking about, the hypocrisy is incredible.

If I lost my **** every time somebody threw Adnan under the bus I'd be kicking off every 30 seconds on here, I was chatting with Tees and I merely implied his poor performances will inevitibly lead to him being a scapegoat for some, but many will continue to refuse to acknowledge the bigger picture, which IN MY OPINION sits at the feet of Quinn and Short.

You can have your opinion, you soft tart, I'm definitely not bothered by anybody saying things about Adnan, but you won't gag me, not a chance will I pander to people who cannot have their heroes criticised. I feel sorry for you for your levels of coping with this, imagine if you were a scouser and I was talking about Steven Gerrard, you'd be sectioned.

9. Tel (they/them)

I completely get all of that, but it doesn't mean he's qualified to do everything. I'm not asking you lot to slag him off, or soil his name, I'm just pointing out that he was the wrong appointment. You're probably staring down the barrel of liquidation right now, and some people are still refusing to acknowledge that Quinn (who put many of these silly contracts in place that are killing your club) is even partially responsible.

Was he fit to chair your company? No.

Being a hero doesn't excuse him of his inability to perform a task.

Fergie picked Moyes, does his record as manager excuse him of that? Does it ****, the bloke made a huge mistake.

10. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

NDong and Papy were coming with Sam in charge. McNiar and Love were 5m combined which is peanuts. Not Moyes fault. The bulk of the Money went on Sam's top targets.

11. Brian Storm

Because although 13.5m seems a lot to us, recent inflation means that's peanuts too.

12. Brian Storm

Wishfull thinking marra. Short wants to sell the club, if we go down every penny we recoup will go towards debt imo.

13. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

So was M'Villa.

Moyes did have some say in these things and commented in a press conference (early on) that M'Villa was a possibility but he would be looked to see if there were better options available.

N'dong is only 22 and has shown enough (in my eyes) to suggest he could be decent. £13.5m decent? It's hard to say what kind of quality or potential that sort of money really buys now to be honest. My main issue is why he was brought in on 31st August if he was being lined up sooner, it isn't just missing the first few games of the season it's missing pre-season and then not being given time to get up to speed. You may not see the real player until next season now.

For £28m (or whatever it was) has he improved your squad and/or first team? Well are N'Dong and Papy improvements on M'Villa and Kaboul? I'd say no not particularly. £28m is not what it once was though...

14. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

It might turn out to be a decent price anyway, I mean he's been alright hasn't he? For his age and being throw in at the deep end in a pretty poor side I've been fairly happy with him and can see his potential.

The Norton Cat likes this.
  15. Brian Storm

Yeah I'd be happy for him to go so he's not adding to the toxicity of the club. The lad is a waste of space. Pure fraud of a footballer.

16. Brian Storm

M'Vila pulled out of the deal though so that null and voids that. He clearly got a better offer.

Disco down under likes this.
  17. Tel (they/them)

He's not done too well has he, Moyes seems to think otherwise but he's certainly not suited to a scrap, he doesn't have that sort of mentality.

He's got no chance here now, I'd hazard a guess he'll be behind Angel Gomez next season too.

France beckons I assume.

Brian Storm likes this.
  18. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

We got almost £90m for some of our trash in the summer (then blew more than half of it on some newer and lesser known trash) and agreed another £12m(ish) for Thauvin too!

You just need to convince Levy that Khazri is utterly amazing somehow.

The issue you have which we don't (as Bri keeps correctly referring to) is that you've got chunks of money going out for players you already have but haven't paid for. I really don't want you guys to go down as I'm far from convinced that money made from sales will be available to plough back in.

Attached Files:

19. Brian Storm

I still support both those signings tbo, Papy has given some outstanding performances next to Kone this season. Ndong needs time. I can see what Sam has seen in them and why Moyes decided to go with his targets. I mean Moyes had no time to asses the squad, He's have been buying blind without those scout reports as Sam will have tailored his searches for our squad and situation. Overseas players need time to adjust to an alien league and it never guaranteed the will. We've clearly not had near the budget to buy prem experience for inside the league which is what we needed.

Budget considered I only see one signing that baffles me and that's the loan of Januzaj. Don't get what Moyes sees in him.

20. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Nuts didn't mean to attach that file. Ah well.

As for M'Villa he didn't pull out in the summer did he? Anyway it's no matter now I just don't think Moyes utilised the limited funds he had at his disposal very well. In fairness I though Crystal Palace did some grand business (Remy, Benteke, Townsend, etc.) and they're in the ****e too so what do I know.