1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread More To Come Shrimps v Chairboys 29April17

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

All the best Greeny. With you and Portsmouth going up we won't have anyone else to talk to. And we won't have our favourite banker bets in the Betting Comp

2. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

I would still rather be in our position than Orient, Hartlepool or Newport. Even Morecambe on Saturday they were celebrating staying in the football league for another season. Reading the programme from Saturday they have had their fair share of problems this season including non-payment of wages, being down south we never heard anything about it, it has been all Orient. I am afraid winning our game at home is probably the most difficult having only won three at home in the league since Christmas.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Don't worry Ron you won't get rid of me that easy....<ok>

Not to say you won't join us just yet. I agree with philhythe as well regarding which position it's better to be in. We were at the depths a couple of years ago and it looked like we were going out. It's not funny. Somebody has to be relegated but it doesn't stop you feeling for the ones who manage it.

Ron likes this.
  4. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

I agree with you Greeny. It's the fans you particularly feel for in instances like Orient. We almost went the same way due to previous owners ambitions, which led to debt.
    The only time I felt no sorrow was when Rovers went down and their fans rubbed our noses in it towards the end of that season. Followed by the ridiculous acts of their board trying to get us relegated on technicalities just lacked any modicum of class.
    However, look at them now doing OK in League 1. Sometimes it isn't the kiss of death, but that very much depends on finances.
    Make sure you whoop their asses for us next season!

josewwfc, mowgli1960 and Guywanderer like this.
  5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The only comment I would make on Rovers is their fans and class hardly ever get mentioned in the same sentence. Cocky to say the least and whilst they may be ok for now it doesn't pay to be too cocky lest fate comes a calling once more. If you don't make friends on the way up then it's certain you won't find any on the way down.