1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic More London Attacks

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

I appreciate the point you're making but can't agree. The knife carrying could be gangs based crime and when do you decide it's a terrorist offence as opposed to a "normal" criminal offence.

Saw someone on QT a week or two back who was involved in "getting to know" the kids at risk of being recruited and was welll impressed with him. The key, for me, is to promote a society where those kids aren't interested in joining cowardly terrorist groups. Give them something to live for. Where kids have nothing including no hope for the future that is when terrorist scum have a fertile ground for recruitment. We should look to address the causes as well as the consequences.

2. GeordieHalfbreed

GeordieHalfbreed Well-Known Member

Edit: I understood your post to be advocating burden of proof change for knife crime, but you were just stating how it works.

To clarify:

It is an offence to carry a knife with a blade >3inches long. If that knife is being carried for legitimate purpose then you aren't guilty, but the burden of proof is then on the defendant. It's one of the few areas of law where that's the case.

"If the jury are sure that the weapon is offensive per se, the defendant will only be acquitted if he establishes lawful authority or reasonable excuse."

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/l_to_o/offensive_weapons_knives_bladed_and_pointed_articles/

This guy is going away, unless someone really ****s up.

Delusional Full Stop likes this.
  3. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

Over on the Sunderland board, the thread on terror has descended into arguments about whether a white man's life is more important than that of people with a different skin colour <doh>

4. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Heil Mackems

5. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

This is close to the crux imo. I read a little about social economics and once you pull on the thread you have to keep going. The question of "but why?" has to kind of be exhausted to the point where you realise that, for example, introducing a global minimum wage would actually impact terror.

Ultimately the issue we all have is those who can change our approach only care about share prices. Now that ISIS is impacting business, things are happening. Until it stabilises, of course, then its back to budget cuts.....

I'm not trivialising the attacks but I would accuse the powers that be of always putting a $ ahead of a life.

6. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

That's a little ironic coming from the untermenschen <laugh>

(for the avoidance of doubt, this is meant as a joke - I'm not actually a Nazi, just an undead law enforcer from the alternate dimension of Deadworld, where all life has been declared a crime since only the living commit crimes)

7. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I think we need to be careful heading forward. If anyone thinks the coverage of these incidents and our response is not having an effect, they are sadly mistaken. My little girl came home from school yesterday and said "Had a bad day dad" She went into a whole load of things that had happened, trivial child stuff and then she came out with this...

"I don't really like my substitute teacher."
    "Why not?"
    "She was a bit mean dad, and very strict"
    "Some teachers are babe"
    "She was a muslim too dad. When she walked in we all took a big gasp of air and we were sat right back in our seats"
    "Just because she's a muslim babe, it doesn't mean she's a bad person. Anyway how did you know she was a muslim?"
    "She had one of those things on her head"

That to me is just a really sad situation. Bear in mind we have been trying to keep her away from the news footage where possible, and she'd never hear anything negative about muslims in my household. Whatever she has picked up, whatever is being discussed in the playground, these kids are like sponges. Sponges are indiscriminate in what they soak up. Now I sat with her for a while and went through a few things to explain the differences - she's an intelligent kid (takes after her mam) so she understood and had obviously considered it herself. How often is that situation being repeated across the country right now? How many are speaking up and actually being educated? How many are just forming opinions and not having it corrected?

It concerned me as never before has she even said anything remotely like that. She understood about different religions, chose not to believe in it herself, but its never bothered her at all. She did come home once and say "dad there's a brown boy in my class now" but that is just kids saying what they see <laugh> Its easy enough to help them understand and they work it out for themselves anyway. Even the missus said this time "maybe they should have warned the children?". FFS if we're at that stage then I'm worried about harmony heading forward.

8. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

The good old right wing mackems.