1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

money in football

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by JAMES THE GILLS MAN, Aug 13, 2017.

1. JAMES THE GILLS MAN

JAMES THE GILLS MAN Active Member

says it al really money.png

2. brb

brb CR250

I'd actually prefer not to see the money that the higher leagues have, other than for protecting the existence of a club, unless they have excessively abused their own financial survival.

Having said that I also believe it is time the government intervened in the higher leagues - as it has been clearly evident since 1992 that the FA are incapable of managing themselves.

We should reverse the well intended intentions of Jimmy Hill and Co and bring back capped wages.

Higher tier football clubs should be by law, be made to have a financial security in place for the future, much the same as banks to protect clubs and football supporters from any financial collapse at their individual clubs. This law would only be aimed at those collecting a high percentage of tv revenue. Basically I want to see tv revenue as a security first and foremost rather than an expenditure. Any excess should as a percentage go into a pot to assist in the financial security of lower tier clubs.

Transfer fees which run into multi millions, should have a percentage deducted to donate to the NHS, if the movement of a player is into a British club.

Basically I'd strip the greedy little lot bare, and kick their house into order. Because the whole top tier financially has become obscene.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017