1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Monday 20th. Feb. 2017

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Feb 19, 2017.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Monday's Meetings

Lingfield Park

N/H 7 Races 1:50-5:05p.m.
    Carlisle
    N/H 7 Races 2:00-5:15p.m.
    Wolverhampton
    A/W 8 Races 2:10-5:55p.m.

Racecards

At The Races
    Racing Post
    Sporting Life

Good Luck <ok>

2. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Giant Sequoia in the apprentice race. Very eyecatching last time and this is much weaker. Rev forecast with Goldmadchen.

3. You See

You See Well-Known Member

Thought giant sequoia would have gone better the other day nass but i will have to have a squint at the race now

4. NassauBoard

I believe the jockey reported that the horse had more to give and was denied a clear run. Hoping they go a good pace tomorrow and she can bring him through the field with a clear run.

I see money has come for the other one, not surprising given the jockey and the horses form in this race previously.

5. rainermariarilke

rainermariarilke Well-Known Member

Evening, Nass. A few observations...

1) the word 'app' in a race-name now very rarely means apprentice, and is more likely to refer to one of those ipad/smartphone application things.
    2) your readers would admire you even more than they already do, if you put a venue and time alongside your selections.
    3) a r/f featuring Simon and Serena in an amateurs' race is likely to win you buttons. No serious quarrel with the selections themselves, although it would be my view that Miss Macchiato's latest Southwell run is probably the best single piece of recent form in the race.
    4) do you share my view that, to make money on the AW, you need to confine 80% of your bets to Southwell ? I really regard Wolves as a punters' graveyard: the track never seems to run twice alike, it appears to be the plot-course of choice for the most devious/degenerate trainers, and all the significant market moves happen in the 90 seconds immediately before the off. Stay away from it, I say.

Did I see that you'd moved house recently ? Was it connected to a change of job ? If so, good luck with both.

SwanHills likes this.
  6. NassauBoard

Good evening sir,

What is time in these days of internet betting. The dedicated followers should know where the horses are likely to be running!!

I was happy with the prices of the two earlier but the punt on mssr Walker is likely to hit the forecast bet. Couldn't believe it was double figures.

Not a fan of Miss Macchiato to be honest and in apprentice races the front runners often get hassled for the lead. I think she has one pace and others are better handicapped.

In terms of the AW, I have no doubt that Southwell is a major hindrance to bookmakers and I think you often see punts being landed. I think it's a course where horses seldom get unlucky in running, which is very different to the other traditional AW tracks at Kempton and Lingfield.

I quite like the racing at Wolverhampton to be honest, I think horses get better runs than they do elsewhere and they can come down the middle of the track too. Similar to Chelmsford really.

The one I can't figure out is Newcastle where you rarely see horses retain their lead in the last couple of furlongs, even if they've travelled much the best. I think that's because of the length of the straight.

Yeah, moved for a new job, all going well and settled in really nicely. Can't grumble at the minute and we've got a little one on the way too. Life's going to change a lot!!

7. NassauBoard

And more importantly, how are things with you?

8. rainermariarilke

rainermariarilke Well-Known Member

Kind of you to ask - the engine's OK, but the chassis's getting rusty and rattles a lot.

Perhaps I'm over-harsh about Wolves - it's just that whenever Simon Mapletoft puts on his Really Sincere face and murmurs that the market there 'can be volatile' (sic) just after someone (Don ? Conor ?) has pulled a particularly outrageous stroke, my eyeballs tend to fill with blood.

I agree about Ncas, and I'm simply going to wait and see how it settles down in the next couple of winters. A lot of Fahey horses seem to get beaten there after travelling well up to about 300 yards out.

Best wishes with the happy event. It might add to the gaiety of nations if you ran a racing competition in the last three weeks or so before the due date, and let the winner name the baby.

9. stick

stick Bumper King

Will junior

10. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

The MPR crew are punting their one in the Carlisle bumper I see. Flemenskill out of Flemensfirth and Nivalf. Greatrex training too which is no harm as he usually has them ready if their good enough.

No bet for me yet but if I return to home soil in time and the price is OK I will possibly back him when I can access my accounts.

11. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

Didnt get a chance to come on last nite- 2.20 LINGFIELD - BURGESS DREAM- 7/2(was 9/2 last nite)

Ron, gingerninja, rudebwoy and 2 others like this.
  12. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Feel the same way about Kempton too; think all synthetic tracks are a punter's nightmare.

"the engine's OK, but the chassis's getting rusty and rattles a lot." <laugh>

Glad to hear you're doing OK, Rainer. Had my ticker checked (first time ever I think) at a heart establishment down here only last week. What a game that is, anyway the young professor was very satisfied with the old pump, but, as you say, the chassis is very rusty indeed.

Got to go, the cat is yelling for her morning 'Dreamy' treats...........<yikes>

woolcombe-folly007 likes this.
  13. You See

Morning all
    Carlisle
    300 verko 12/1 1pt win
    335 thyneforgold 3/1 2pt win
    Lingfield
    220 burgessdream 7/2 2pt win
    250 dalakadam 7/2 2 pt win
    Wolverhampton
    210 goldmadchen 6/1 2pt win
    Good luck all who play

14. You See

Had to go with goldmadchen in this nas the race looks tight but just feel the 6s on offer are way to big

15. Doalittle

Doalittle Well-Known Member

My fancies at Carlisle today.

Theatre Act 2.30 4/1
    Kap Jazz 3.00 9/2
    Lyvius 3.35 11/1
    Beg To Differ 4.10 6/4
    Fin And Games 5.15 9/4

All be it with the form I'm in at the moment none of them have a chance.

16. SimonJ

SimonJ Well-Known Member

Shout, Wooly :emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes:

17. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

Stable were extremely confident <party>

18. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Cheers Wooly <cheers>

19. SwanHills

Oops, duplicated.......<doh>

20. SwanHills

Nice one, Wooly, well done! <ok>

woolcombe-folly007 and the don like this.