1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Bidley, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Ok, I don't know about you guys, but these inane global threads are getting on my nerves. They're a good idea for matchdays, but I don't really care who everyone thinks will finish in the top four/get relegated etc, and I'm sick of these being at the top of our board. Especially as most of them are childish arguments between fans of the sky clubs.

Which brings me to my point - mods can remove global threads if they're deemed not pertinent to their board. I think we should think about electing a mod for this reason.

Thoughts?

2. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

I agree, but who wants to do it?

3. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

We need to find out if a moderator can delete a spam posting from our board. If that's not the case, there's not much point to setting up a moderator.

I'll ask the guy I've contacted in the past and see if that's possible.

4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I agree, but the Mod needs to not be too trigger happy on deleting other threads. I'm not that interested in the global ones that are so big it's impossible to read through the whole thing, but discussions with fans of other clubs (like the one about Stockdale posted on our board, Ipswich's and Leeds', for example) are one of the things that I miss from the old 606 site. If this new function allows for more friendly, intelligent chat with fans from other clubs then so much the better. It's easy to mistake a well-meaning rival fan for a WUM - it's certainly a mistake I've made in the past.

5. Captain Morgan

PS. I don't want the job of Mod!

6. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I completely agree. The end of global threads was one advantage this board had over the old 606 - I am saddened that this particular functionality has been added to this forum.

We need two people, who are active. I don't want any moderation within threads, just a policing of threads to make sure they are relevant to Fulham.

7. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Agreed with all the above.

8. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

Why a mod? I think the main reason you should have a mod is to have an input into the forum, a voice. We have a mods forum, only used by the mods, and we talk about all sorts on there. The multy thread function is an ongoing thing with lots of debate to get it right, its now down from muly to 3 teams because it was meant for match day threads. There are restrictions on what a mod can do for good reason, its hard to put it in the system, so we are finding ways round it.

On your board you dont need a mod to do police work, more to be the voice of Fulham for you.

Remember your mod would be exactly that, your mod and would work how you wanted him to. A mature, open minded, level headed person who wants an input into the forums future is whats needed.

9. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Well I'm pleased about the global thread thing, it should work much better now.

Well I'm not against having a mod, but I don't think we desperately need one. Cheers for the info cyprussy <cheers>

10. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

Thx Syd - btw you do a great job

11. Penguin

Penguin Member

That's good news about the global threads. I don't want to sound insular or (worse) snobby but endless debates (especially when they're more in the nature of childish rows) about whether City are better than Utd or Chelsea are better than arsenal or Swansea are worse than Norwich etc etc get pretty tedious and the PL season hasn't even started yet!

As others have said fans from other clubs asking about/commenting on our players/ex-players are very welcome here and as Captain says 99% aren't WUMs. The 1% who are WUMS get treated with disdain and disappear quickly.

So in summary I don't really think we need a mod either but tis good that these threads come up every so often so we can review the position.

12. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

if we get a fantasy league question I'll throw my dummy out of the pram!! LOL

13. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

I'm old so have no idea what the fantasy league is, or that FIFA game you young ones talk about, Mick never lets me near the controls, no idea why.

14. Captain Morgan

Who should I sign for my fantasy league team, Craving?

15. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Cravingawin I wanted you to help me

I was just about to ask you who I should pick as my Midfielder; Sidwell or Murphy??<whistle><whistle><whistle>

16. WhatDoesWoyWant?

On a serious note i'm with Bidley, I 've been getting really annoyed with these posts since the day it was set-up

17. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

listen, stop winding me up!! Normally it's for a left back as they spent all their money on AJ!