1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

MK Dons game

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by deleted....., Apr 3, 2017.

?

Should fans protest at MK Game?

Poll closed Apr 5, 2017.
  1. No, show respect to PC Palmer for whole game

13 vote(s)
    76.5%
  2. Yes, show respect at start of game then all restrictions off

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Should the protests continue at tomorrow nights game or should a truce be announced in respect of PC Palmer?

Sue Perks is of the opinion that protests should stop in respect of Keith but I can see the majority of our younger fan base showing respect at the start of the game but after the game starts reverting to an anti regime attitude.

Are you in the respect camp or the protest camp?

<cheers>

AllHell

2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

I doubt if Keith Palmer was a protester, so it's a no-protest from me.

3. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

I just changed after reading FHB's post. It's a time to remember and while the regime deserve pelters every waking moment, I believe his family will attend. Besides, the regime know they are loathed.
    What would be nice is if KR could set us out to win, but given the results of the two weeks he had to prepare the Posh game, I doubt he has the ability.

4. Crack Addick

Crack Addick Active Member

The cynic in me thinks that any service/memorial/minutes silence the regime organises is purely to paint themselves in a sympathic light, and is no doubt there just to buy themselves some breathing room, and break up any protest momentum.
    This ownership has shown nothing but disregard for the common fan throughout their tenure, and have consistantly been callous, crass and manipulatuve when dealing with us - the paying "customer."
    Squirrel face has stated before that she doesn't understand why the fan feels such ownership of the club, so I don't believe for a second that she or any of the regime feels any real empathy towards PC Palmer.

This is a man who gave his life to protect others, and the club seems hellbent on milking that for all it's worth.

5. deleted.....

I should have put Option 3 down as I will make my mind up tomorrow night because I just don't know what I am going to do????? Just don't !! I'm torn

Confused and angry.

6. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Show proper respect to Keith Palmer before & at the start of the game. Many will be ending their boycott to do precisely that on a one off basis.

It is fair to assume also that even if Keith Palmer was not a protester, as a long term Charlton fan he may well have been as horrified as we all are (at least on here) about the demise of Charlton.

We only have 3/4 more home opportunities this season to push Duchatelet, Meire, Murray & Parkes just that bit closer to the Exit door.
    Tomorrow night is one of them.

7. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Option 3 being?

If it's too ghastly too watch without protesting I probably won't see the match out.
    Strange that none of us are considering the possibility that we might play well and win.

Crack Addick likes this.
  8. Crack Addick

Proper gallows humour!

9. User deleted as requested

No. Realism

10. Crack Addick

And that makes me dispair. How far we have fallen, when everyone is expecting us to get spanked by a franchise that is less than 15 years old.

11. deleted.....

They spanked us at their place so why not at ours?

12. User deleted as requested

No, we beat them 1-0 at their mausoleum with a class finish from Lookman. The atmosphere at MK that day was so bad it made the current Valley on a match day seem like an Old Firm game, MKD have the same problem as us in inventing their attendances. Even from our high vantage point you could hear the players talking on the pitch.

MKD are a bad side which means we will get a draw at best.

13. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

I know not all will agree with me but I think there are times to protest, and other times when it is best not to.

Tuesday evening and Saturday afternoon at the Valley are two times when I do not think it is appropriate to protest at all, from beginning to end.
    Granted that may be difficult, if things go badly later in either of the games and our team is getting a thumping.
    But I hope our fans can remain as dignified as possible even after any remembrance ceremonies have taken place.

I'll share my other (more general) thoughts on when are good times and bad times to protest on another occasion.
    Some of you probably know my opinions on that matter anyway.

14. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

All our efforts on Tuesday night should be in remembering PC Palmer and thanking him. and all the security services in all they do to keep us safe.The protests should be deferred.

15. deleted.....

Sorry, yes we won, it must have been last year when Bowditch tucked us up then?

16. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

They beat us in in the FA cup replay at their place.

17. User deleted as requested

I can fully understand the sentiments about folk not wanting to protest tomorrow night. PC Palmer is a national hero, and the red carpet should be rolled out for his memory.

Saturday is surely a different matter ?

Yes, it is Upbeats Day. However, Upbeats Day only exists because we have a football club to support. Fans on this site with 30-50 years experience will tell you that we are now at a historically low ebb in our history. If Shrewsbury win their game in hand, we are only 2 points off the relegation zone to the old Division 4.

Nobody who witnessed that footballing apology on Saturday could confidently claim that we will get the 6-7 points we are likely to need to stay in Division 3.

Taking tomorrow's exceptional circumstances into account, I do think that beyond that we as fans need to put aside our institutional niceness and do-goodery and remember that the only thing that makes us log on here each day is our respective love of Charlton Athletic Football Club.

God help that club if Duchatelet stays and we are relegated again. We might as well play at Welling's ground. After tomorrow night, time to man-up.

18. deleted.....

That could be what I am thinking of Don <cheers>

19. deleted.....

I've decided on option A <ok>

20. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Nope - I'm going to show my respect to PC Palmer.

Will save my inevitable rant for the forum after <ok>

pieguts and DonCorleone like this.