1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

MJ king of pop

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by TheRealPotterJub, Apr 10, 2011.

1. TheRealPotterJub

Stoke fan in peace here, just wanted to air with you my thoughts on your recently erected statue.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/apr/10/michael-jackson-statue-fulham

Mr Money Bags himself, former owner of Harrods, Mohamed Al Fayed, was very pally with MJ and invited him to a game at Craven Cottage, this was in 1999. Now he thinks it's necsarry to erect a 7ft staute of the king of pop himself - I mean WTF!? Micheal Jackson was born in AMERICA, INDIANA, and DID NOT in any shape of form support the Cottagers or contribute to them. Don't get me wrong, MJ is a legend, and I'm a massive fan of his music, even throughout his colourful career, but if he knew the absolute farce that was being made by Mohamed, I'm sure he'd be embarrased more than anything.

It's ONE, insulting to the ACTUAL PLAYERS past and present, and TWO, just another reason for a riot or something to take place, by tearing down the statue etc, it's THREE, an egotastical display of boasting by Al Fayed, and FOUR UNNECSSARY - the whole thing is very thought-provoking, its blatantly and utterly ridiculous.

Just wondered what your views were on this, lads and ladies? Surely you must be angered/confused? I know I would be if Stoke were subject to this situation. I personally think that the only statues at football grounds should surely be of football players?! Stories like this make me annoyed really, I feel sorry that a team like Fulham has a man like that in charge <steam>

All the best for the rest of the season,
    Jub.

2. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Oh goodie, another MJ article.

I don't care about the statue. It has no bearing on the team whatsoever. Just like if Al Fayed wanted to get his nipple pierced. It has nothing to do with the team.

By the way your grammar is appalling.