1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Millwall Vs The Gas Game Thread And Poll

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Nov 8, 2016.

?

Final Score

Poll closed Nov 11, 2016.
  1. Gas Win

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Millwall Win

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Goalless Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Score Draw

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We've let in more goals then Oldham in 22nd

2. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Onwards and upwards...

3. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

I would rather got something from todays game then anything against Crawley. Very disappointing to lose so heavily as I didn't think Millwall sounded all that good I haven't seen any team who are particularly outstanding so far in this league.

4. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Simply got to put it down to a bad day at the office, put it behind us and move on. Didn't sound like we were that bad, and certainly not 4 goals worse than Millwall. Just one of those days when not taking our chances early on, not stamping any authority on the game, came back to bite us and things just went from bad to worse after that. We will have our revenge at The Mem on the closing day of the season. Be patient :emoticon-0133-wait:

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Could only happen to me!!!

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  6. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Just had a though,t we couldn't even beat a 10 man Crawley team yet we go down to 10 men and spanked, makes me want to <wah>

7. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

DC wanted to stay attacking and even at 2-0 down, he wanted us to keep going for it and 3-0 and 4-0. I respect that. I know our goal difference took a hammering but DC aint the sort of manager to sit back and defend a 1-0 defeat. He aint that built that way <ok>

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Leadbitter getting sent off put us down to 10 men.
    Keeping Harrison was like playing with 9 men.
    McChrystal wasnt with it at all yesterday (unsurprisingly) so was like playing with 8 men.

We continued to try and play our game and keep trying to attack. Now its not a surprise that we got hammered is it!

10. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

He needs to go then ;):emoticon-0169-dance

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Wow. Just seen the goals <doh>

Leadbitters red seems harsh. There was no attempt to make a tackle. Looks like a tangle of the legs and the ref got a yellow card out as last man but obviously not deliberate! However the ref was convinced by the Millwall players to make it a red card and the ref backed down. Very weak ref.

Goal 1, Boateng made it easy for the winger to cross the ball. Hartley missed his clearance while Lines and McChrystal just stood and watched until it was too late. Sinclair was ball watching and let his man go and wonder into the box to tap in a simple goal. By the time Sinclair seen what was about to happen, it was too late!

Goal 2, MyChrystal could and should have given away a pen for blatant shirt pulling. Ref played on showing good advantage and they scored a good goal. But look where the goal scorer came from. He jogged across the the pitch outside the pen box, unmarked and it was just so so so easy for him. Good finish but with that much time that he had, he couldnt miss his target. Harley was marking him to begin with and then just left him while ball watching. Boateng seen what was happening but reacted way too late and was way behind.

Goal 3, Hartley and McChrystal should be ashamed of themselves for this goal. Cross came in to the box. Now you would expect your CB to be ready to head clear. I was wrong. Hartley was yards away from his man who was unchallenged to do a simple head down to the goal scorer. Now the goal scorer was suppose to be marked by McChrystal, who was just ball watching and nowhere near his man. It was embarrassing and I actually put both my hands over my face and eyes as it was that bad! Another good finish though.

Goal 4, Well, where do I begin! Lockyer got skinned out wide, McChrystal may as well not be on the pitch as he was useless in the previous 3 goals, he was obviously going to be useless for the 4th too and that was the case. He trotted over to try and stop the ball but there was just no fight or effort in it. Thankfully Hartley got across to win the ball. Unfortunately his pass to Lines was just awful and made things very difficult for Lines but then what Lines did next, I cant explain.

Yes we were down to 10 men due to Leadbitters red.
    With Harrison on the pitch we were down to 9 men.
    With McChrystal on the pitch, we were down to 8 men.

But each of those 4 goals could have all been avoided.

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Tell me what you think if you think any different from my breakdown of the goals...

13. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

And still Roos gets the blame from some fans.

14. Gastronomic

That's the harshest red card I've seen for a long time. Their player seemed to angle his run across Ledbitter, who couldn't get out of the way.There may well have been contact, but it looked 50:50 at best. Any sensible referee would have given Ledbitter the benefit of the doubt and maybe just booked him, particularly that early in the game. But it didn't even look like a foul to me.

Quilllogic likes this.
  15. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

16. Gastronomic

Having given the ball away, I don't understand why Lines stood like a statue with his hands on his knees as they went on to score.

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Well he made some good saves and none of those goals could be his fault in my eyes. He makes mistakes which we have seen and he has costed us points but he is improving now.

18. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Cant see why it was a red card or even a foul, they just seemed to run in to each other the second goal their player was holding the defender at arms length free kick to Rovers score stays at 1-0

19. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Leadbitters red card upheld club say they are dissapointed

20. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator