1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Millwall v Watford

Discussion in 'Watford' started by oldfrenchhorn, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

And hopefully a less 'experimental' starting team.

That back three was always going to struggle - Kaboul & Britos both seem to be past their use-by-dates. Why the hell Cathcart was left on the bench is anyone's guess - presumably he will be starting against Arsenal?

2. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

I hate to say it but WM doesn't seem to be the man to meld these players into a squad. I thought Mari and Mason did ok (based on sound and 35 mins of visual) but the rest seemed to not know what they were meant to be doing.

If Flores had had time I reckon we would be better off now. And Sean ....... but we can only dream.

But there is no point the Pozzos bringing in a manager who doesn't speak English (second language of nearly all our foreigners) and who cannot organize.

But thanks all as always for your company. This afternoon my second team Cadiz play. I hope for better from them because it would be hard to be worse.

Cheers

3. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Very poor - one shot on goal summed it up!

Dreadful attacking and sloppy in defence.

4. Cornish Mark

Cornish Mark Well-Known Member

I was driving back home this morning and I heard on the radio 7 changes. Thought stuff that, I'm not watching it when I get home. But couldn't resist turning on the tv, What a load of rubbish. There was no method to our game and boring. Looked like a championship relegation side. Think tomorrow I will put a bet on us to get relegated.

5. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

Awful, we seemed to be playing Italian football with out the technical skill to do so (ie keep and pass ball (forwards helps too)). I don't like it, I'd rather see positive and loose than this. Millwall deserved winners as they were up for it and positive, good luck to them. Nice to see Watson, who did well, also Mapps. Second half we were better and that lad Mason looked good second half apart from not marking their goalscorer. We should have had a penalty defo but pull well disguised (tv replays please for refs). Hope Pants is ok, I'm thinking ligaments? Awful back pass to him.

6. Bolton's Boots

We have nothing to complain about...

Sutton are leading Leeds 1-0...

Markthehorn likes this.
  7. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

You're right Scully about the Italian football. The Italians are also very stubborn - they think they are the best, even though all the evidence points against that. Italian football is slow, outdated and one dimensional, as results in the Champions League over the last few years have shown - and we are meant to feed off their cast offs, when Udinese themselves would not survive in the Premiership.

8. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

just think our 2ond 11 could have been beaten by Sutton (not sure how well our 1st team would do ) ok who are we playing in our next game and how well did they do

9. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Glad I didnĀ“t get up early to watch that dross.

10. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

Wow, so where do I start with that...?

Formation - Assumed it would be a 3-5-2, but was more of a 3-4-2-1, with Sinclair and Doucoure in the wide positions. Just didn't work. I honestly hope we go to either a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 when Amrabat is back, and Niang is available.

Defence - we started Kaboul in the middle but had to change that pretty quickly and swap him with Mariappa. Millwall sussed them out within the first minute - long ball over the top for their strikers to run on to. We are in desperate need os someone with some pace at the back. If it wasn't for his actions in the Bournemouth game, I'd like it to be Kabasele and Prodl at the back, Janmaat RB, and tempted to give Mason a run at LB. Thought he started a little nervy but grew into the game and probably the only player who can hold his head high after that performance - the only player who wanted to move forward!

The midfield - well, been saying it for a while but Guedioura simply isn't good enough. Can't seem to make simple passes, and losing the ball in possession too often. Him and Watson are just too slow.. drop deep to get the ball when they don't need to, and just slow up every counter attack. Hopefully, with Cleverley, Doucoure, Behrami, Capoue and not Zarate for those 3 CM positions, neither will be needed

Attack - Okaka really is hot or cold... seems to be a 'home' player. Looks good at home but some away games he has looked clueless. Thought Sinclair looked good in spells but eased off the ball a bit easily. Maybe a few months getting regular games in the Championship would do him some good!

Overall, we deserved nothing from the game. Thought Atkinson let a lot go and couldn't tell if it was a penalty on Sinclair or not but my only real gripe was not stopping play when Dje Djede had a head injury. Between him and more so the Lino, they should have seen he was holding his head and stopped play!

And as for the Millwall fans - no comment needed....

Markthehorn and yorkshirehornet like this.

11. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

12. Bolton's Boots

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/ref-review-the-controversial-decisions-of-the-fa-cup-4th-rd

This review suggests that Okaka should have been awarded a penalty - doesn't mention the Sinclair incident.

As for the Millwall fans - this tells you all you need to know...

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/m...king-n-at-watfords-jerome-sinclair-bbc-video/

13. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Millwall fans spring more time abusing our players than supporting theirs!

14. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

Perhaps we are being a little unfair. Having realised we are playing Arsenal barely 2 days after this cup tie, I am less surprised at the team selection. Fielding 11 knackered players against Arsenal is asking for trouble. who drew up this fixture list??

Having said that, I expect those on the pitch to give 100% and try their best.

15. Bolton's Boots

The club were offered the chance to play the Arsenal game a day later, but said no. WM apparently believes that when playing three games in a week, tiredness only sets in during the third game anyway - but that tends to suggest that the team sheets for Arsenal and Burnley will be very similar, and totally different from yesterday's.

16. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

I thought that when Watson was named captain that Mazzari had some sense to choose someone who would battle, but there was no fight at all. As for the Okaka incident, even if it wasn't, when he got up again, the other CH pushed him over, so that should've been given by the assistant.