1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Millwall v pne

Discussion in 'Preston' started by theflyingplumber, Apr 21, 2011.

1. theflyingplumber

Well Northenders (and all) the weekend is nearly upon us, and it will be such an important one for the club and it's supporters.

First up are Millwall on Saturday away at the new Den. Millwall now pushing very hard for a play off spot, in 10th position and just 4 points away from making the top 6.
    Northend revitalised and in very good form but still fighting for Championship survival with an awful lot still to do.
    This game promises to be a lively and entertaining one with the stakes very high for both clubs, but for different reasons of course. Live on TV for all the world to see. When I say entertaining I don't mean the standard of football but more to do with 100% commitment and excitement with possibly lots of incident etc. There could be entertaining football as well, but at this stage of the season results are all important and how you get them doesn't come into to it.

So then just what is likely to happen in this championship battle down at the new Den.
    Millwall supporters are well known for getting behind their team and PNE are going to have to cope with a hostile atmosphere. They have done it before on several occasions just ask Leeds fans and Birmingham fans. They have also come unstuck when playing before the cameras as well, so what is going to be the PNE response playing in the cauldron of the new Den.

This game will be followed by Cardiff City at home on Easter Monday when once again PNE have to play another top club and one pushing for an automatic promotion place.

Do weekends come much bigger than this? Temperatures are hotting up in both the physical and metaphorical sense as North End play two of the season's most defining fixtures over the Easter period.

It's over to you now not606ers, get off the fence and post your thoughts and predictions on how this weekend is going to pan out for PNE and their survival attempt.

It's asking oh! so much to take all 6 points from these two games, but that is what PNE have to aim for if their survival attempt is to continue.

I know they can take all 6 points but will they ???? come Monday tea time we will all know the answer, I suggest we take one game at a time and concentrate on Millwall away.

I honestly think we can take all three points at Millwall and win by the odd goal..:emoticon-0107-sweat

:emoticon-0102-bigsm

2. Dave Sargeant

Dave Sargeant Member

Hey friend, your run in seems to be much harder than ours but stranger things can happen and have. A victory for us would put Palace in danger, reversed would put us in a frightening place. Hope you do well but think the most you can hope for is two out of the six points at stake. As for us two to four points from the same number of games. keep well.

3. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Win against Wall, draw v Cardiff

4. lilywhite forever

That would be a great four points maclad, especially if other results go our way over the weekend :biggrin:

5. finneyfan

finneyfan Member

ballcocks :) up an at em lads. take no prisoners, no time for slowing down
    6 points all the way and let the others do the worrying :)

6. theflyingplumber

Morning all and yet another nice day up here in Preston.

Dave..<ok> You make good points and wouldn't dispute them, however it is worth bearing in mind the PNE are currently showing Promotion form rather than relegation form. Of course this must continue at Millwall and at home to Cardiff.

Whilst in the Championship PNE have usualy come strong at the end of the season and at the moment would seem to be doing the same again, will it be enough and can they keep it going ??? ha ha now that is the question. Other important games are taking place today so it is going to be interesting to see how the bottom of the league looks tonight.

Hi Finneyfan..<ok>. Yes it's muck or nettles time again and PNE have it all to do, as you say no hiding places for players having an off day now. 110% required and demanded and with that bit of luck that every team needs 6 points in the bag..<laugh>

:emoticon-0107-sweat

7. H-D

H-D Active Member

I was right with last week's score PNE fans - I posted on another article that the Millwall game would be a draw, but I'm fancying a win for you lads tomorrow evening.

They played at the KC the other week, and they thrive of their top scorer Steve Morison. Without him they don't look the same side, and oh yeah, he's suspended for tomorrow.

Millwall 0-1 PNE <cool>

8. Dave Sargeant

Dave Sargeant Member

Flyingplumber - Am I feeling a bit worried about our match today? Yes.

9. theflyingplumber

Dave, join the club. <laugh><laugh>

:smile:

10. themaclad

Both forwards suspended Morison and Harris

11. theflyingplumber

The clock is ticking now and only hours to wait before the stomach goes into overdrive.

Yesterday's results were ok as far as PNE are concerned, so the opportunity to close the gap on teams above them is there.

Will PNE take advantage of this and turn the screw by grabbing all three point's at Millwall later on today. ????? I am :emoticon-0107-sweat

:smile:

12. lilywhite forever

A major boost for us is that Millwalls Harris and Morrison are out of the equasion today. Even saying that though, we have got to go there and do what we have to do. Millwalls record of clean sheets this season is very impressive but North End have proved to be very capable of causing defences real problems. A very tough call given the home sides record of 8 wins in their last 12, and PNEs recent good form, but form goes out of the window when 2 sides are desperately in need of the points at this stage of the season. 1-0 to North End in a game that could be riddled with nervy mistakes by both sides :emoticon-0100-smile

13. themaclad

Have yet to decide whether to watch, won't be into until 5.30pm could Sky plus or watch it from when I get in will feel terrible watching it, hate watching them on TV can't influence the game. Going to Sky plus it decided there and then . Forza whites

14. theflyingplumber

Don't have Sky, but could watch at my son's or daughter but last time we got beat, so I am worried about putting the muckers on them. It's murder watching them on TV, I find the radio even worse. <laugh>.

Might go to bed for a couple of hours. <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>
    Better not cause if we win I will ge gutted that I didn't know what was going on.

Let's put all this to bed and grab this opportunity.. <whistle>

15. themaclad

Well that was a comprehensive hammering if ever there was. Injuries to central defenders makes team selection an absolute nightmare on Monday, still points to play for and a miracle is needed well it's Easter and people have risen from the dead before maybe the Whites can do it

Like I said miracles happen even Torres has scored

16. Welcome to the North

Welcome to the North Active Member

PNE - Relegated.
    See you next Season.

17. lilywhite forever

Absolutely gutted. That was a real drubbing against a team that I thought we had a chance with. And yes Yonner, we may well see you next season, but don't come wumming on here...you've not had much to shout about for some time have you? Might add a few hundred on your gate when Scholes comes to your place for a last season pay off but that'll be your best achievement for a few years.

18. Welcome to the North

Welcome to the North Active Member

Not WUMing at all mate however "We may well see you next Season" <laugh>
    Don't make it sound like there's a chance your going down.

Still, chin up guys. A Lancashire derby with us next Season.

19. themaclad

Not quite yet Yonner could be some tasty local derbies though Bury, Rochdale, yourselves also Carlisle apparently class us their local rivals not forgetting Tranmere but we are not down yet

20. Just hope you pick yourselves up and do us a favour against Cardiff.....with the way things are going, 6 / 7 / 9 points could still get you out of it. Never know.

Sincerely, I hope you find someway of staying up as I have always had a respect for Preston. Still, if you do go down, League One is not as bad as you think and you may be able to spring yourself back into life like we have.

Don't expect it easy though, so really tough teams in there these days.