1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Middlesbrough sack Spaniard

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Mar 16, 2017.

1. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Spurs, Liverpool, Crystal Palace - there's three. Sold Van Aanholt and brought in a better defender to play left back

As for saying Warnock - I'll struggle to take you any more seriously than we normally do Monty if you truly mean that!

2. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

Sorry mate but that's where you're wrong. It's the perpetual sacking of managers that have got us into a financial mess. We sack a manager, he gets a payoff, a new manager comes in on a new, usually better deal and decides he needs to splash out on new players. We spend millions satisfying his hunger, he turns out rubbish so we sack him. Then the merry-go-round starts all over again.

We've been hemorrhaging money like this for years, hence the £140m debt. And that my friend CANNOT be blamed on a certain Mr Moyes.

Nacho and marcusblackcat like this.
  3. mackemwelder

Sorry mate but that's where you're wrong. It's the perpetual sacking of managers that have got us into a financial mess. We sack a manager, he gets a payoff, a new manager comes in on a new, usually better deal and decides he needs to splash out on new players. We spend millions satisfying his hunger, he turns out rubbish so we sack him. Then the merry-go-round starts all over again.

We've been hemorrhaging money like this for years, hence the £140m debt. And that my friend CANNOT be blamed on a certain Mr Moyes.

adz_safc likes this.
  4. BIG BAZ

BIG BAZ Well-Known Member

So you name 3 games and selling van aaholt is the only things he done well so far. That's ****ing class that and by the way the reason we sold van man was because of the field stuff what I won't go into.

The Warnock thing is looking ahead to the championship. Check out his record in that league and the Monty thing ffs who gives a ****.

5. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

He is Spanish - born in Vitoria-Gasteiz, Basque region.
    The Basques speak a different language but they are still part of Spain. <laugh>

Copied from the BBC <cheers>

6. mackemwelder

I never said you were wrong mate, I just always thought he was Portuguese.

RTB likes this.
  7. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

You asked me to name 1 thing Moyes got right - I named 3? Make your mind up Baz - see the "won't go into it" makes it's appearance again - you sound like a broken record sometimes mate. Warnock is a **** manager - promoted twice from the Championship - once with Sheff Utd and once with QPR - aye great pedigree!

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/managers/neil-warnock/

<50% win ration - mostly in the lower leagues!

8. BIG BAZ

Not wrong at all. The main reason why out debt keeps on going up and up is because Mr short borrows his ****ing money. How can our debt keeps going up with the new tv deal, 10 years of premier league footy and so on.

Plus all the new managers in the past haven't really spent much. Well apart from moyes close to 30m on ****. You say we can't blame him. Righto pal.

9. BIG BAZ

I wouldn't class a result as a thing he got right tho.

The man hasn't signed well. Tactics ****. Hasn't changed the game with any subs this season. I could go on and on but like you say it's getting boring.

Warnock stayed Rotherham and Cardiff to. Both clubs in the bottom three when he took over. Plus moyes failed to get preston up.

Plus the bit I won't go into stuff. Not my fault I know stuff about pva and why he left. Had **** all to do with moyes.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  10. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

The tactics moyes employed helped us get the results against Spurs and Liverpool - he got both of those games spot on - or are you one of thesew that, because you dislike the man, when things go right on the pitch it's down to the players not the manager - but when they go wrong it's only because of the manager?

Hasn;t changed any games as he's rarely had the ability to do that sub wise - fitness issues have caused him massive problems and I'd defy any manager to succeed with the hand he's been dealt this season.

As for saying he failed because he didn't get Preston promoted - why is that a failure but Warnock is a success when he failed at most of the clubs he's managed down there to do the same? Make your mind up what you class as success as Moyes was better at Preston and Everton than Warnock has been anywhere

adz_safc likes this.

11. BIG BAZ

What different tactics did we see against Liverpool and spurs? He has played mostly the same tactics all season. One or two games we played a 3-5-2, tost in a 4,2,3,1 but most of the time it's 4-3-3. I haven't seen the bloke make a good sub. Got Loads of **** ups tho. 1-1 against arsenal he puts januzai on right wing and he costs us two goals for not helping Billy Jones. Jones played well before that **** came on. Getting beat 2-0 at home to Southampton and at half time brings on pienarr for oshea ffs the bloke has lost it.

You say Warnock has failed at loads of clubs. What ones? I say palace and that's it. Got Sheffield United up. Got them to semi-finals of the cups and if we wasn't for dodge West ham he would of kept them up.

Got qpr up. Kept up Rotherham and Cardiff. Rather have him than moyes in the championship. Knows the league better.

12. mackemwelder

Do your homework mate and stop spouting ****e. It's all there on the web, just check out how much each manager has spent, you might surprise yourself. Also check out how much each departing manager got in compensation. Only two managers never took a penny, BSA and DA. The rest all got and spent millions which is why the club are up **** street financially and we still have a **** squad. It's not rocket science here mate, you quote DM having spent £30m, we're £140m in debt, who spent the other £110m?

Nostalgic and Gordon Armstrong like this.
  13. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

I like Steve Gibson.

14. mackemwelder

I wish we had him mate, he's passionate about Boro and it shows as well

15. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Pogba injured for Boro, Zlatan and Herrera suspended.

There's never been a better time to play us this season.

A scalp would possibly kick them on, having said that, our defense looks very tight and well organised atm.

Could be a bore draw.

My guess, is 0-1 Carrick and Fellaini will start in CM, Mkhitaryan, Mata, Rashford front 3, with 3 at the back and two wingbacks.

16. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

Warnock has failed to get more clubs promoted than Moyes has was my point - I was using your term of failure as a point of reference.

We saw a team carry out a game plan implemented by Moyes against Liverpool and Spurs - different "tactics" doesn;t mean different formation or am I wrong about that too?

Tactics are about how you press the ball - how you set up when you don't have it, who goes where and tracks whom from set pieces along with the formation. Or are you going to tell me my FA COACHING badge trainer was wrong as well?

17. mackemwelder

You'll obviously be wrong cos you have defended Moyes and be careful, he'll stick the nut on you :)

marcusblackcat likes this.
  18. blackcatforever

blackcatforever Well-Known Member

I hear and agree with you fella.

19. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

To be fair, the way Pogba's been the last few games it might be bad news for Boro that he's injured! Herrera and Zlatan on the other hand - not such bad news!

20. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Possibly, but I doubt any manager is thinking like that.

I'm sure the Pogba whackers will be all over him, if we batter boro without him.