1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Micky Gray

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by poolie_mackem, Jan 30, 2011.

1. poolie_mackem

poolie_mackem Well-Known Member

Anyone follow him on twitter? He is just one of the lads now like all of us but how good would it be if he was in his prime now and playing for Sunderland?

him bombing up and down the wing now would be awesome, will always be one of my favourite Sunderland players of all time

2. vauxsamson

vauxsamson Active Member

always liked him, but he went down in my estimation when he drove up in that new flash car on the same day that people were given redundency notices.

3. spoony

spoony Member

That season when he and Alan Johnson were in their pomp was fantastic down the left wing.

4. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

Spoony - there were certainly a few defenders pomping when they saw them coming?

Makin and Summerbee down the right
    Gray and Johnson down the left
    Quinny and SKP up front

An lo - Heaven was thus formed.............

5. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

He was a marvelous player for us. I preferred him where he first started out playing for us on the left wing. He was a right handful in that position, quick, good dribbler and chipped in with some good goals too! I didn't agree with him being moved back to left back though, because for me, he was no defender. I suppose the thinking behind it was that he had a good engine on him for getting up and down the left wing. We could certainly do with another Michael Gray, that's for sure.

Mind you, signing N'Zogbia into the left wing position will lessen my yearning for another Micky! ;)

6. spoony

spoony Member

Bultler and Craddock and Tommy Sorra at the back. Happy days!

7. poolie_mackem

N'Zogbia would never come and play left back and who would blame him he is one of the best attacking wide players in the premiership. IMO if Richardson was given a long run in the position then I think he would be the answer for the short term anyway. As I have said on another article I am finished with my daft who should we go after players but there is 1 and only 1 player I think we should sign and that is Taye Taiwo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUPWzNLzs0M

8. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

The trouble with Micky Gray is that he is, and always will be one of the lads...When he played for us, he used to get down the town on a regular basis, and was more often than not " pissed as a fart with a fag in his gob". This used to annoy the hell out of me, because I always thought if I had his ability, I would have done my damnest best for my home town club.
    I would imagine that he probably feels the same way himself now when he is a little older and wiser, but that time has gone now...
    Mind you; if I had had the money that he had at 18 or 19 year old, I don't know how I would have behaved...

9. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

You got the wrong end of the stick Poolie, I was talking about the left wing mate. N''Zogbia is many things, but a left back he is definately not! :)

10. poolie_mackem

ah right sorry bud

over on 606 N'Zogbia was my love child so obviously I rate the bloke and so does Brucie as he is always linked with him.

I think we may of had our chance with him though, I cannot see him coming this transfer window and if/when Wigan go down in the summer and he is allowed to leave for next to nothing the top clubs will be sniffing about.

11. Wherewereyou

Wherewereyou Guest

And yet apparently he was still one of the fittest players at Sheff Wed last year, according to the tests they do. So he said on his BBC blog, anyway.

12. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Wherewereyou
    Micky always did, and still does look fit. But it still used to annoy the hell out of me when I used to see him legless and with a fag in his gob when he played for us...

13. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

It's ok mate. When I read my post again, it was easy to think I was referring to left back, so my fault mate, sorry! I've edited my post now to clear things up ;) As far as N'Zogbia goes.....never say never! We are known for pulling off the odd shock signing now :)

14. poolie_mackem

true mate

I dont think he will be the main target I think Brucie will firstly set his sights on signing up the loan players he wants (Elmo, Onuoha and Muntari I would think cannot see us getting Welbeck and Mensah even though the best defender at the club by a mile is no good to us)

then Bent's replacement and a fourth striker if we don't bring in one in the next two days

if anymoney left over we might go for a left back if the right one is available but cannot see anything else happening

15. psycho

psycho Member

I follow him, Nicky Summerbee, and a couple of others. Danny Dichio is on there, always tweeting about Sunlun in one form or another. Dazza Williams is on there somewhere and Neil Wainwright, Andy Welsh and some others i've forgot.

16. spoony

spoony Member

Me best twitter moment ever was when Dazzler started to follow me!

17. psycho

psycho Member

I'm not much of a tweeterer like, i just follow the sports journos and perv ower a couple of lasses.

18. poolie_mackem

pics?

of the lasses not the journo's obviously

19. spoony

spoony Member

Me neither. Only joined to stalk Bent when he signed.

20. psycho

psycho Member

Seeing as im in a good mood, i'll give you this ipswich lass, friend of titus and bent. I live in hope thatb one day she posts something i can **** over, cos she's ****ing fit.