1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Michael Owen

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Jason Hudson, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Jason Hudson

Jason Hudson Member

Reckon he is worth a contract extension. It's a win-win situation really if we do. It seems like Owen can play in many different roles, he still the predatory instincts but his game now is much more rounded, he can drop deep and play in midfield pretty much. I am really impressed with Owen and our strikeforce at the moment reminds me a bit of the Cole, Yorke, Ole and Teddy strike force. Not in terms of their similarities of the way they play, but their ability to form partnerships well. And if the current lot can emulate the goals, play and sucess that we expect of our strikers in the past, then I can only see good things.

2. nolhman123

nolhman123 New Member

NO,No,no

What about Welbeck or Kiko who have futures. He is not worth it at all

3. ufos

ufos Member

You have to remember Rooney and Owen are Englands finest two strikers, only Capello disagrees, mainly because he hates us with a vengeance because we were the only English side to be a thorn in his side at club level. Also Owen would walk into any other premier team and is unfortunate to have such class strikers in front of him.

4. Sam Axe

Sam Axe Active Member

I think Owens experience is too valuable to give up. Yes hes 4th in the pecking order and his pace left him long ago but he can still do a job as his movement and vision are 2nd to none. I would renew his contract

5. Jip Jaap Stam

Jip Jaap Stam General Chat Moderator
    Staff Member

I know what you mean with that. There is a good variety of syles with our 4 strikers at the moment; you've got Berbatov the technical genius, the dynamism of Rooney (usually), the predatory Owen and the raw pace and lethal finsihing of Hernandez. A good blend.