1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mexit

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Bexinio, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Bexinio

Bexinio Well-Known Member

So with our season taking the ever so usual route do you think the board will vote for Mexit before the end or will they stick with Davy even until the very possible sticky end? Even though we are in the same position as previous years I must admit it doesn't feel like the club have the fight or the players to make the escape again and the grim reaper is not just pointing his finger but actually gripping the throat! What do you guys think, do you see any possible way out and if you do what do you see that I can't at the moment?

2. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

I think he'll stay and I think we'll be relegated. Poor squad and lack of investment have hamstrung him but he's also made plenty of mistakes of his own. I think he was the wrong fit for us. People have said, "oh he's a builder not a firefighter" but that's completely missing the point. What we needed was someone to drag performances out of our sub-standard squad.

Bexinio and BIG BAZ like this.
  3. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

He has to stay
    Over the years we've spent more money on sacking manager
    Than on players

4. BIG BAZ

BIG BAZ Well-Known Member

Well that's wrong for a start pal. Why keep him if he is failing at his job.

arthur and Makemstine Roger like this.
  5. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I can see a way out in that one win and we're only in the relegation zone by goal difference, we haven't been cut adrift whatsoever and even if we had been we have a knack of coming back from the brink.

Moyes isn't doing as well as I'd hoped but I don't see him as a disaster either. If we go down I'd keep him and he'd be the best manager in the Championship with one of the best sides so we'd have a solid chance of coming back up.

6. Vincemac

Toungue in cheek comment

BIG BAZ likes this.
  7. Vincemac

We can't keep sacking managers
    We are already a laughing stock
    Year after year sacking managers
    Give him time for gods sake

8. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

It's too close at the bottom to contemplate relegation. A small run of wins could pull you up the league drastically.

smithy in nl and Vincemac like this.
  9. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Said on the match day thread that we need five wins and we need them against the teams around us, there are plenty of opportunities to pick up points and as already said we are not cut adrift (yet) so we have as much chance as any of the bottom five.
    We need Vic back asap and keep him fit, Defoe and him have enough goals in them to fire us to safety.
    Plenty other teams in the mix who aren't scoring goals either so I think Vic is the key and who would have thought that when we signed him.

clockstander and RTB like this.
  10. Vincemac

Yeh I agree
    Other teams are as bad
    Couple of good results for us and the others keep playing bad and we will be fine
    However other teams have to continue in their bad run.
    Of course the others could pick up points aswell.
    Like you say we have games against teams around us that we must win
    Although we have struggled in the past against teams around us.
    But we are used to the battle ar the end of the season
    And we generally come good
    Let's hope so .

cumbrianmackem likes this.

11. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Our only winnable game is nearly 3 weeks away but how far adrift will we be by then ? luckily we have to go to Hull, Leicester and Boro and have Bournemouth and Swansea at home, and with players coming back there is hope. If Defoe's shot had gone in we might have went on to win yesterday who knows.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  12. FTM Dave

FTM Dave Well-Known Member

I'm not optimistic but we're not yet cut adrift. But in any case we can't just keep sacking managers, and given the debt/lack of squad investment/injuries we were always going to be in this position. Moyes In.

rooch 3 likes this.
  13. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on if the owner thinks we are going down....and if Moyes thinks we'er down and if he fancies the challenge of trying to bring us back up. If Short thinks he has done enough firing, then I guess it will be up to Moyes to make his mind up. For me, we are going down with a whimper, the manager seems to have few ideas and looks clueless when we go down by a goal. But I also agree with the view on here, that simply cannot hiring and firing managers. I just wish Moyes looked like he understands SAFC and gets the feeling the fans have for the club, I just don;t think he does.Its nothing more than a job for him, and a one he has been pi$$ poor at.

clockstander and BIG BAZ like this.
  14. Bexinio

Bexinio Well-Known Member

Well must admit after reading the comment I hope the vast majority of you are right and we I feel a bit less pessimistic about the situation thanks!

15. The Norton Cat

Moyes arrived supposedly being good technically and tactically and with a reputation for doing well in the transfer market. Can anyone honestly say that he's lived up to that billing?

When we're relegated, the board need to have a major rethink and take the opportunity to offload a lot of the first team squad and to bring in a manager with modern ideas, who knows the Championship, and who has shown he can get results on a limited budget.

16. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Bing Mick mcarthy back if we go down he has a great record promoting teams, but if and when a new owner comes in this club better get a top manager in and spend big. Not getting a striker and midfielder last summer was a disgrace.

17. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

If and when we go down (which I think we will) I would seriously consider his position as our manager. Said it many times my reasons for not rating him.

I would look to someone with young, with fresh ideas. Granted, that might also not work, but in the Championship even if it takes 2/3 seasons they can mould the whole club.

The Norton Cat and BIG BAZ like this.
  18. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Eddie Howe managing us.

19. BIG BAZ

BIG BAZ Well-Known Member

I rather have Neil Warnock in the championship pal. Moyes couldn't get preston up.

rooch 3 likes this.
  20. The Norton Cat

The man who fits that description best was discussed on here a few weeks back; Gary Rowett.

Jack TheLad likes this.