1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Membership?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Double_Dragon, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

No religion Mods, ta

<laugh>

DMD likes this.
  2. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Coates firm is worth 5 billion. His personal worth on the rich list was put at about £740 million. Not bad for one of 14 children whose dad was a miner and who left school at 14.
    We have 2 brothers locally worth a lot more each. A shame they aren't interested in their local club.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  3. Barchullona

You'll make a typo or not notice an autocorrect at some time. An when you do...

4. Barchullona

Are you going to go down to a Mosque and reveal this bit of information to them?

Leon T Trout AFC likes this.
  5. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Because they had more investment silly. That the Allams dont have.
    So 1 % higher than the Allams charge... the ****s them.
    Theyve made the most of it because they have had longer as they had more investment in better players.

Its not rocket science is it. .

6. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

<laugh>

7. Chazz Rheinhold

Cooates was chairman of Stoke previously, how did that go? Death threats and abuse.
    Why did he come back?
    "'But it didn't work out because it's much harder than people think. So they ran out of money and began to sell assets off — a player or whatever — and I could see another downward spiral for Stoke. By then I had the money so I thought I would come back and have one last go.

please log in to view this image

8. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

So how do you propose we get to own our own stadium and have exclusive use of it like Soton? Who should pay for a Soton style academy? Finally, where do you suggest we get an owner with as much money and generosity as Sotons?

Makes me laugh, you're comparing apples and cars, and trying to justify stupid comparisons.

9. Barchullona

So, as a pensioner I could take my 2 grandkids, both still at primary school to Championship games for £1404 where I used to sit. Meanwhile at a number of PL clubs, Huddersfield particularly, it will be a whole lot cheaper. At Middlesbrough, in the family zone it would be £408 or in the equivalent to our East Stand where I sat £704. At the other relegated club, Sunderland, the family zone would be £420 for myself and the two grandkids, and at the side of the pitch on either side the same price.
    Wonder which of the relegated teams will lose the highest percentage of fans?

10. Barchullona

I must admit apples and cars are totally different propositions.

11. Barchullona

Is the Coates family involved? Or just the old man. Mind you either way there is a lot more money available than will ever be available to City.

12. augustatiger

augustatiger Well-Known Member

We went up with Stoke and West Brom in 2008..
    They stayed up we didn't.
    Brum and Derby came down and stayed down.

13. Barchullona

Don't bring facts into it. It doesn't suit the narrative of some posters.

14. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Actually, after going up in 2007/08 with Stoke and West Brom, we stayed up and West Brom went down.

15. Chazz Rheinhold

And your point is?
    What narrative? We aren't owned b people as rich as stoke who have invested far more,than our owners canand are willing to invest.
    <laugh><laugh><laugh>

16. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

He had more money then he needed. He initially put in £40 million, converted that to shares and has now put in another £60 million. Yes he could have put in double or triple that but he didn't. He has only put in £20 million more than the Allams.

17. Barchullona

So, if the money wasn't much different they were better run? Though it is hard to believe that anyone can run their business better than our owners. And it was all done without shortening their common and and lousy name to Stoke Potters to appeal to the world wide market for plate and cup users.

Large Elephant and Kempton like this.
  18. Chazz Rheinhold

I'm leaving it obi you just won't see it. From 2010.
    These days, Stoke City are essentially debt-free (with the exception of Matthew Etherington’s gambling debts), being in the enviable position of having virtually no bank loans and £10 million of cash in the bank. As Tony Pulis said, “This is a great testament to the Coates family, who have put so much into the club.”

That’s absolutely right, as the club’s progress has been funded via interest-free loans from the chairman’s pocket. As at the last year-end (31 May 2009), Stoke City owed £17 million to its parent company. Stoke City Holdings Limited, which is to all intents and purposes the Coates family. However, the accounts then noted that this debt had “risen considerably” to £24 million, following the summer 2009 and January 2010 transfer windows.

Not to worry, as the Coates family have since converted these loans into capital in order to “put the club in a strong financial position, leaving the club unencumbered by debt.” This is not their first act of kindness, as the £8.3 million loan used for the 2006 investment was also converted into shares in the same way.

There’s no doubt that Stoke fans owe Peter Coates and his family a great deal. Since his return, they have invested nearly £40 million into the club: £3.7 million to complete the purchase followed by £32.3 million of loans, which they subsequently wiped clear by converting them into equity. Without this investment, the club would not just have struggled, but would have been in serious trouble.

If you can't see it after that and how,it's,different I give up.

19. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

Nah. You're wrong as pointed out by others, plus Brum came up for our second PL season, stayed up and won the League Cup before heading back whence they came a couple of years later.

The only truly correct part of your post was the first sentence.

20. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

I am colour-blind so am a mite puzzled about what looks grey to me on the graphic.
    e.g. sections W5- W9. What's the monthly cost there ? Same as Zone 3 or more ?
    Can't seem to find anything in the text of the document.
    Ta.