1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic McGregor v Mayweather

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by sb_73, Jun 15, 2017.

1. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

fight (boxing rules) potentially worth $100m for each man allegedly set up for August. McGregor has never had a professional boxing match, Mayweather is 40 and has been retired for 2 years. What a joke, Boxing the loser, neither of them need the sport.

2. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

This is a joke of a fight and akin to WWE. I can't see McGregor landing a punch let alone beating Mayweather.

sb_73 likes this.
  3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I hope so, put an end to this hybrid crap sharpish.

QPR999 likes this.
  4. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

On oddschecker, the best odds I could see there were1/6 Mayweather, 9/2 McGregor.

Bit like the sort of odds whichight apply if top of the Premiership were playing lower half Championship, those games don't always go as you would expect.
    Interesting to hear what Hammersmith has to say about it

5. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Hard to see how McGregor can win. I can him see getting so frustrated by not being able to land a blow that he'll wind up kicking Mayweather in the bollocks.

6. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

To play devil's advocate, though in all likelihood Mayweather will spend 12 rounds running away and win on points:

- He's 40 while McGregor is at peak age
    - He's not fought for a long time

Would love McGregor to catch him early and knock his head off.

EscapeGoat likes this.
  7. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Pathetic circus!!

8. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

That would be a sight worth seeing...<laugh>

Seriously though, this has to be the biggest load of bollox ever concocted with the public being royally conned. Mayweather has 'managed' his career by systematically avoiding anyone who would give him a hard time. The Pacquiao fight was five years past his peak and he's avoided Khan, who he would have beaten anyway. He's only agreed because the boxing rules stymie McGregor's strengths. Mayweather may be unbeaten but his failure to meet top contenders at their peak means he will never be regarded in the same way true greats are...

sheffordqpr likes this.
  9. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Brings back memories of another cross-discipline match-up.....vaguely remember this when I was a kid.....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ali_vs._Antonio_Inoki

Can only see this one being just as farcical as McGregor will be heavily impeded by the rules.....a re-match with MMA rules would be much more fun to watch, as Mayweather gets the kicking he deserves!

10. goldcoast hoop

goldcoast hoop Well-Known Member

Wont be watching don't care

11. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

Nobody cares who wins, the promoters and the fighters are going to make a tidy profit if they get enough Pay-Per-Viewers to cough up for this silly exhibition.

12. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

This will be over in seconds, Mayweather will destroy him

13. EscapeGoat

EscapeGoat Well-Known Member

McGregor won just by signing the contract. The money he'll make from this fight far surpasses his earnings potential by fighting in the UFC.

Mayweather, on the other hand, will continue to divide boxing fans. As much as the world would love to see McGregor put him on his backside, the chances of it happening are as close to zero as possible.

The build up will be spectacular though.

14. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A load of bollox.....for some reason McGregor is seen as a sporting hero here, can't understand why, he's just a thug partaking of the current day version of bare knuckle fighting......

I suppose it sets him up for life financially but as a sporting spectacle it fails miserably......

15. Bwood_Ranger

I find him incredibly dull despite his obvious brilliance. He's the boxing equivalent of catenaccio (probably not how you spell it). I guess if you're a huge boxing purist he must be beautiful to watch as everything he does is perfect but occasional punters want blood.

16. EscapeGoat

EscapeGoat Well-Known Member

I agree. You can tell it gets to Mayweather when the questions are constantly put to him about the dullness of his contests. The Pacquaio fight was a snoozefest. When you compare his fights to that of Sugar Ray Leonard's contests with Duran, Hearns and Hagler, the excitement levels were vastly different.

What he hasn't had, is someone who can compete with the verbals and possibly get under his skin. Is McGregor that guy?

17. WalsallHoop

WalsallHoop Active Member

Wasnt it in Rocky (III?) Balboa fought Hulk Hogan....no holds barred.....wld luv the same free for all, to see mayweather on his behind as payback for buying PPV snoozefest v Paccio

18. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

So this!! Mayweather is despised amongst boxing fans because he cherry picked every fight. A fit and younger PacMan would have wiped the floor with him. McGregor is ham strung by the rules and would beat the **** out of Mayweather had that not been the case. I am guessing it will be PPV, in which case I won't be watching this farce.

WalsallHoop likes this.
  19. Bwood_Ranger

I'm looking forward to Anthony Joshua v Millwall's top boys on the undercard.