1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Maynard for £6.5m...?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Aug 21, 2011.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

2. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Its bullshit, According to Sexton we haven't had any further bids from anyone.

Sven nearly started crying when asked about Nicky on football focus yesterday, I thought he was gonna start stamping his feet up and down!

3. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

didnt catch that banksy, what did sven say,

and 6.5 mill, would we really let him go for that........and to another championship club.....I SAY NOO

i think we should play a crafty un and do a deal with everton along the lines of 3.5 millon plus beckford for maynard, that way we know maynard will go to a very good team where he can easily get recongnised and we could put a 20% sell on clause and bonus for england call ups and so many goals

what do you think guys, that would be a very good deal in my eyes

4. banksyisourhero

He said "its difficult about 12 times and he might stay there and other teams are interested too" in a nutshell.

I reckon he'll be gone by Friday but we will get an acceptable price for him, shame we wont have any time to spend it!

5. JamboBCFC

JamboBCFC Member

TBH... £6.5m is too big a sum to turn down. Far too big. Providing we spend it wisely.

£1m - LB
    £1m- CB
    £2m - CM playmaker
    £1m - Young striker with potential

The other £1.5m goes towards the new player's wages.

Actually... Crewe will get some of it. Among others.. :mad:

6. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

IMO. We should not accept anything less than 7.5m and only to a Premiership club.

7. banksyisourhero

If his contract wasn't about to run out I would say yes. but he could basically walk at xmas so no.

8. Basingstoke Royal

7.5 million ... long went for 7 and he is a far better player

9. APL 2011

APL 2011 New Member

In your opinion <cool>

10. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

who ? :emoticon-0105-wink:

11. Lummiepie

Lummiepie Member

Long was probably under contract.

We need to shift Maynard, while we are at it if we could get rid of Stewart, Hunt, LJ, Clarkson, and James, only then can KM be given a fiar run at a promotion push with £5m to spend and a huge pile of wages to throw around he might be able to get in some of his own players.

People like Kilkenny, Taylor, and Bolaise have not been brought in because KM wants them, they have ben bought as cheaper replacments for players he wants rid of. If he had the spending power of GJ or Copout he would have almost certainly gone for someone else.

12. andyyandyy

andyyandyy Member

I thought at the time that Taylor was a very odd signing given that we keep getting told the manager needs to cut the wage budget and we go and buy another striker. Given that we are playing Nicky up front as a lone striker. We then have Pitman and Stead, followed by Clarkson and Taylor and then you have our younger strikers.

I did think Clarkson might have gone by now and thought with us signing Taylor that might signal that Stead could be going as he rarely stays at one club for 12 months.

Will say that if the club are not going to play James then they need to find him a new club in the next week as if he is on £20k plus a week then that is a lot of money sat on the bench. Also I think James is one of the issues with Maynard.
    If James is on £20k then Maynard is in his rights to say that if he is the clubs best player he wants the same money so if he is being offered about £10k and he wants £20k must be why no contract has been signed? Signing James was always going to put our wage cap out of the window as he is being paid twice the wage as the next guy.

13. EnderMB

EnderMB Well-Known Member

I suppose an easy solution would be to get Nicky to sign a clause where if he scores 30 goals in a season he immediately triggers a clause in his contract to be on £25k a year. The obvious benefit of this is that British players are in demand at big teams and if Maynard can top the scoring charts again he'll have more than the QPR's and the Newcastle's after him...

14. Lummiepie

Lummiepie Member

There is a lot of talk about triggered clauses and add on after international appearences. Its all very championship manager.

The guy should just get his wages and if there is to be a clause added it should be that he can talk to Premiership clubs if they bid a fiar figure... lets say £6m, then we can play him all season safe from him walking away for free, and he wont feel like he could be missing a chance of Premeirship football.

15. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

£7.5m for Maynard? Not sure he is worth that when you look around at other strikers like that Cardiff numpty who used to play for Newcastle. He is better than Maynard... how much did he go for?

16. APL 2011

APL 2011 New Member

We are talking about a top championship striker givshead something you will never understand, i suggest you get back over the to your basement board and talk about your upcoming fixture with hereford saturday :wink:

17. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

I was going to take this thread seriously until I read "Top championship striker" and nearly died laughing <laugh>

There is always one who has to spoil it eh ;)

18. APL 2011

APL 2011 New Member

Maynard finished joint top striker with a certain Andy Carroll givshead, where have you been the last 3 seasons, oh i forgot you been at the bottom of league one and then a relegation season ;)

19. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

chopra is a quality championship player. he shown that 1st game of the season. if you can get 6.5million for him then fair shout. but as he got 1 season left on his contract and can go for free, i be very suprised if someone was willing to spend that much on him <ok>

20. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Why don't you have a top championship striker ?