1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Matty Taylor to City - Bid made!

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Jan 31, 2017.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Great extended interview with DC on Rovers news covering the Matty Taylor transfer and other topics

2. old timer

Bristol rovers are not pursuing its complaint to the EFL re his transfer to the city. The decision comes after high level discussion between the 2 clubs and an agreed transfer policy going forward. Bristol Rovers will be making no further comment on the matter.
    This was posted on Rovers news 14 minutes ago 7pm approx

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/statement-matty-taylor-transfer-3573547.aspx

To me, the fact that the 2 clubs have come to an agreement, that says there was something not right at all with the deal after all and as City have played their part in the agreement and have accepted this, I could be wrong but it comes across as they take 'some' responsibility regarding the deal for Taylor. Im just glad that we can move on from this now.

4. old timer

IF you are right in saying that city have accepted that something was not right I wonder if extra cash has changed hands in exchange for Rovers not taking the matter further

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Im probably wrong though. But if im right, you could be right. If Rovers had a case and im sure they did as they made the official complaint, why all of a sudden cancel the complaint saying that both clubs have come to an agreement over the transfer policy going forward. That statement from Rovers didnt say they made a mistake or didnt apologise to City for making the complaint. So from that I can only guess Rovers believe they have a case and they believe they were right to pursue the complaint so no mistake and no apology. I believe City have said or done something to Rovers to stop the complaint going further and come to some agreement. Maybe that could be more money, like a sttled out of court deal if you know what I mean. Again, im just presuming and putting 2 and 2 together so I could be well off the mark.

6. years ago

years ago Active Member

The fact that a statement has been made re Rovers dropping the enquiry gives me the feeling that some form of compensation has been made
    May be cash but also a sell on clause. The fact that all was not correct has I think worried the reds and certain senior staff may well have not wanted an enquiry and be exposed as unethical. It may well be another nail in City's managers coffin

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Hope not :)