1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Matchday - a chance to praise your team whilst under overwhelming negativity

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by SaintinSerbia, Dec 20, 2016.

1. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Bubble and squeak with crispy bacon pieces on Boxing Day:emoticon-0110-tongu

And I agree with fats....you really appreciate veg when you are on holiday. After 2 weeks in America, I would have killed for some carrots or just about any fresh veg.

Don't get brandy sauce love in....guess could I never had it when young. Has to be custard with Xmas pud.

fatletiss likes this.
  2. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Do you grow your own? Maybe have a meetup to see who has the best turnip from their garden?

fatletiss likes this.
  3. Whiteley Saint

Whiteley Saint Well-Known Member

I third that. As a Veggie 2 weeks in America living practically on Veggie burgers and Pizza soon wears thin. If we spot anything with vegetables we are pushing people out the way and dragging people from their tables so we can get a seat and order. :emoticon-0157-sun:

4. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I find I only like a small amount of meat these days.....don't get me wrong, I love the taste, but just prefer less of it. That is why I often order a veggie meal in a pub, though it has got better now you don't have to pretend to be under 12 to get a small meal. :) Most pubs have caught on to the fact that most of their lunchtime trade is older....even went in one pub on the Island that provided glasses to help read the menu.<laugh> Genius.

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  5. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

It is a fact of life for non-meat eaters like myself (I eat fish so don't call myself a veggie) that at buffet parties the veggie options always and invariably get eaten first, by the meat eaters. :emoticon-0132-envy:

6. Whiteley Saint

Whiteley Saint Well-Known Member

I agree this is very annoying. We have to get to the buffet quick or run the risk of not having anything to eat! As you eat fish I believe the correct term is pescetarian. Tell people that and watch the panic in their eyes. ;)

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  7. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

That's called evolution. Survival of the fittest/fattest. A bloke called Charlie Wrote a book about it. In a thousand years there'll be none of you left :)

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  8. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Last two years I grew nowt. Previously grew a lot and will be doing so again.