1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Thread: Watford v Barnsley

Discussion in 'Watford' started by geitungur akureyrar, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Al the Hornet

Al the Hornet Well-Known Member

Christ I forgot about the clean sheet, not been to many of them this season!

Come on Watford!

2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Watford now on 61 points, their best total for three seasons. It looks as if progress is being made. <ok>

3. Al the Hornet

I just wonder what the head line writers will say about us next season, favourites for the drop or play-off contenders?

4. Al the Hornet

Oh well I suppose I better make sure the other half has not toasted herself by the pool. I will be flying back on Monday during the game, so quick rush to the car to find out the result!

Cheers everyone!

5. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Enjoy yourself al. I am back to work now.

6. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Thanks Frenchie<ok> see you in the nest later!

7. LuxWFC

LuxWFC Member

It was a good defensive display today.

Taylor, Mariappa and Loach were top notch....they kept us in the game for sure.

Deeney put in a good shift, Graham didn't really get any decent chances given to him though....he had to go and create the chances himself because no one else was.

I definitely feel like we were missing Buckley...no idea why he hasn't even featured as a substitute in recent times.

Leeds away vs Palace
    Forest away vs Bristol City
    Burnley home vs Pompey.

If they all fail to win and we get a sneaky win at Leicester.....you never know :emoticon-0104-surpr

I think it's important to hold on whilst we still have a chance (however slim it may be). It gives us and the players something to play for....and this league is so unpredictable that you can't rule anything out.

8. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agreeing with all over that MadMoose. I also thought Mingoia had a good game, though some of his passes were questionable. Sordell had a definite off game today, and much as i can't believe i'm saying it, Drinkwater showed a bit of promise in the last 15. Weimann played well, but it was the defense that shone today.

9. Norwayhornet

Hope Tiny`s conk is ok and that he is ok for monday! what a buy he was!

10. Roowfc

Roowfc Member

Yes sordel was poor at wing back, play him up front and he'll be a different played!

I thought we were poor today and were very lucky te get all three points.

Our tactics were all wrong we strugled to string two passes together and played so many pointless balls forward i thought aidy was back. I mean if you have a 27 goal striker should he realy be having to fire a ball into a opposition half from his own corner flag!

11. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Well we never seem to play to our ability when it is a family day. At least this time we managed a win, even if we were maybe a bit lucky.

One comment made by Tommy Mooney this afternoon made me chuckle a bit.

Tiny signals to the bench that his nose has gone. "It won't make him look any the worse" says Tommy. "He has not missed a minute of any league game this season" says Jon Marks " he must be feeling really tired." "He just looks it" says Tommy. "When we both lived in the Midlands, our kids went to the same school. Even the school run left him looking tired".

12. Norwayhornet

I dont think unless its contractual that there is any point playing the loanees! even though Andreas has done ok ! We should be using our own kids now in these games that mean nothing !
    Roo sordell as a wingback!! That`ll explain his negative write ups! Whats happened too him at the start of the season Marvin was sensational alongside Danny!!
    There was the reputed fallout with MM !But I suppose Troy has played a lot out of position this season and is now starting to get some good reviews! I for one will be very happy when he nets his next goal!

13. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

lol! i'd say he's been our best player this season. i know that's controversial considering DG has worked his blinkin' socks off for us, and done a fab job, but Tiny has been incredible at the back. When the ball heads his way, you just know he'll win it. My only criticism would be that sometimes he just wins it, and doesn't guide it anywhere in particular, which means that sometimes it ends up back with the opposition.

14. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Well we do not know just what our Mr B is going to bring to the party. We can all speculate as much as we like about him and his past, but we do not know.

Reading an interview that Weimann gave recently, he seemed to be another who is really enjoying his time with us and seemed to be quite happy to stay. Maybe Malky will fix up another loan for the season, or Mr B will get a friend to pay his wages.

15. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

He works very hard for us, i'd like to see him stay on..

16. Norwayhornet

fair enough Hornette , Just think we should be letting our kids have game time rather than developing another clubs player,unless said player is going to be with us for a while! Maybe Andreas will stay with us next season!

17. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

To be honest, he came on later than i'd hoped. Sordell should have gone off earlier. But Sordell was very out of position, as you know, so it's very hard to tell. i agree that we should be developing our own, but if there's a chance he'll stay, we need him to be a useful loanee next season. Hopefullly the pre-season games will give the new pros a chance to get some match practice in...and then we'll know who's left anyway!

18. Norwayhornet

starting to work on next seasons strike partnership couldnt hurt and preparing for life after DG wouldnt hurt either!,due to how well the team have done over the season we have some extra games at our disposal for development, I think we shouldnt waste this opportunity! We know we wont be spending huge amounts ,we know DG wil be going ans possibly others! So to start the next phase early can only help a new side gel! Doesnt matter if we get humped in the remaining games as long as lesson are learnt by the newer members of the side!

19. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

We know Malky won't give up hope of the play offs until it's mathmatically impossible, so that's unlikely to happen...

20. Norwayhornet

yeah your right My only titchy critiscism of MM is he is a tad conservative!