1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match thread Leeds vs Millwall

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Nov 30, 2011.

1. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Wouldn't usually post a pic like this, but think this thread is worthy of it <ok>

please log in to view this image

Easy to forget about the one's left behind and I for one second could not begin to imagine how his Dad felt.

2. woodd19

woodd19 Member

thanx! must have been quite an early injury as it seemed to be blank from almost KO! Although I did think that players weren't supposed to be on the pitch with anything other than the official proper jersey, including name and number!!! Rules and all that!!!

3. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

you can have 1 player on your team that doesnt have a number on there back, thats the rules. Just like you can have 1 player on the pitch that is No. 1 or No. 2, same rules apply

4. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

Kissa and Henderson clashed heads in the fifth minute and both swapped for shirts with a blank!

I couldn't believe how little stoppage time we had in the first half did anyone else notice that?

There was 3 minutes but we had Kissa n Henderson injured, Howson Injured , A Soft Millwall player sat down in our box for a minute! Brown n Howson substitutions I was expecting about 6 minutes n we only got 3

5. Cunning

Cunning Member

Who's the real Homophobe?
    The guy who suggested he might have issues with his sexuality or the guy that's so offended by one of his heroes potentially being gay that he immediately hurls an insult back in defence of him??
    Hmmmmmm????

Personally I agree, I think it was a sexuality thing i wasn't going to say it because I thought you lot may get a little agitated but seeing as it's an open concept now...

6. lifecheshirewhite

cunning single guy with no kids,who likes looking at dancing men,<party>:emoticon-0105-wink: thinks every married man with kids is gay.<doh>.yer right got it.<doh>

7. Cunning

Cunning Member

I dont undertand what that says. If you can type full sentences and not yorkshire gibberish I might stand a chance. Are you basically implying I'm gay or that married men with kids are?
    Im lost...<yikes>

8. The-Don

I never thought anything of it but seen as you asked!

I think your a gay married man with kids :)

9. Cunning

Cunning Member

Morning Knobbo <ok>
    Our survey says... X
    (No kids) ;)

10. The-Don

Babba Stabba

11. Logi_Lufc

Logi_Lufc Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with being homophobic. I just dont like people making up bullshit rumours with no evidence about a legend whos just died in tragic circumstances

12. lifecheshirewhite

Lets see if we can get through your shell this time.
    -------------------------------------------------
    The single guy with no kids,that likes to watch men dancing.Yes that's you.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    The football hero married Man with kids,that you think could be gay,isn't you.

Given the two descriptions,which would you say is most likely to be gay.
    Maybe you could do a poll.<ok>

13. Cunning

Cunning Member

I dont think doing a pole is going to help my "im not gay" argument very much mate...:D

14. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

What I said wasn't even slightly offensive, and I don't appreciate the attitudes and responses from some people for suggesting it.

Countless gay men in denial get married, have kids, go their whole lives and die from natural causes without coming out as gay. Many of those live secret lives where they fulfil their sexual desires. It's entirely possible for a gay man to love a straight woman and still not feel sexually attracted to her.

We're talking about a profession in which the last gay man to actually come out and announce it in public ended up committing suicide because he couldn't handle the abuse from his peers. Not very encouraging for a gay man in football, is it? It's perfectly reasonable to think he'd spend many years in denial, bottling up his feelings until the drain took it's toll and he could no longer cope, choosing to end his life, feeling he had no hope for the future. It's a feeling of hopelessness that causes suicide, and that hopelessness commonly shows up when your brain is absolutely worn out from years of fighting with itself.

15. The-Don

Orite marko didn't ask for your life story! Your gay we get it big deal

16. lifecheshirewhite

marko-why do you gays always think every thing is about you.Go tell your boyfriend we aren't interested in your rumour crap.

17. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

All he said was that he thought Speed might have been gay. When you think about motivating factors for why he might have killed himself, that surely ranks as one of the top possibilities whether we like it, whether we want to discuss it or not. So let's all have a hug and a bum and make friends please.

18. lifecheshirewhite

like I said,facts or keep your crap to yourselves.

19. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Well it's obviously not a fact, but there's no reason why it can't be discussed. It's a great mystery after all, and people have to satisfy their curiosity somehow. It's hardly disrespectful to the man's legacy to offer the thought that he might have been gay. Personally, I'm not taking that view, I'm just saying it was possible. But there's no requirement to keep your thoughts quiet on a web forum, however unpopular they may be.

20. Showoff

Showoff Active Member
    Forum Moderator

This thread is starting to get interesting for once.