1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match facts against Bradford

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bradford City. Possession 50%, Shots on target 6, Shots off target 7, Corners 7.

The Gas. Possession 50%, Shots on target 4, Shots off target 6, Corners 2.

2. Rhinestone Gashead

Remember 2 of their shots on target would have been the pens ....
    Was interesting listening to the radio on the way home and the interviews with the BC lot - they thought they played really well and deserved at least a point if not all three. I felt like reminding them it is about scoring goals and if it wasn't for the pens (one of which was dubious to say the least) then they wouldn't have scored at all. To quote the late great Brian Clough (after his Derby had beaten Hamburg in the European cup) - no one remembers good losers. Hamburg played really great, just couldn't score (I bet Jenny knows about that!) :emoticon-0111-blush

3. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

First 30 mins I thought we were all over the place Bradford were giving it everything trying to impress for their 1st home game with their new manager. Even so they didn`t cause that many problems. Once we settled down we made the best move of the game leading to Harrolds goal. Funny enough the 2nd best passage of play, actually getting the ball down and passing, lead to the 2nd goal later on. Hmmmm there`s a strange thing!
    We had a goal disallowed about 30mins in and I thought it was because the linesman gave the ball not being over the line when it clearly was from where I was sat. Turns out it was for a foul on the keeper. I must have looked a right **** cos I was still celebrating a goal until I noticed Bradfords keeper taking a goal kick <laugh>
    Can`t really argue with the 1st pen, it was one of those that sometime you get it sometimes you don`t. The 2nd pen was a farce, Harrold was clearly fouled before the attack<grr> If I had a quid for everytime Harrold was fouled/pulled/pushed/kicked yesterday it would have paid for the trip.<grr>
    The defence looked a lot better and for me Bolger was man of the match with Harrold a close 2nd. Bevan I thought had a very good game, caught everything and made an outstanding save just before the break. Richards & Woodards did well and Cambs was steady. Bit concerned with Gill going off injured, hopefully he`ll be fit for Tuesday. Oh and the ref was totally ****.
    Big respect to the travelling blue army, loud as always and the dancing along with the half time girls on the pitch was hilarious. Who`s the fat one at the back. <laugh>

4. Rhinestone Gashead

Couldn't have been me Olde - I was at the front!

5. Rhinestone Gashead

One more thing from their manager - he said he was happy that they got it down and played it around on the deck - he must have been watching a different game than me then!!! They had a few moves - like us but alot of their play was whoosh!

6. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Thats one big thing I have noticed so far about our current team, they dont even play it on the floor as well as our relegation league one side last season :(