1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Marouane Fellaini '' Very close'' to joining United

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Carrick_16, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Just read that DM nearly lost Fellaini because he refused to pay the extra £4 million that Everton demanded. Fellani saved the day by giving up his loyalty bonuses therefore allowing United to only pay the £23.5m Moyes was willing to pay. The same apparently for Hererra who he valued at £26m but when bilbao insisted on his buy out clause of £30m, DM ended the negotiations.

WTF! Moyes will have to learn that this is United and not f**king Everton. Clubs will always ask a bit more for players United, Real, City want. A premium of 10% extra or a few measly millions v/s getting the player (s) you want. A f**king no brainer. Moyes should remember he is not here to save money for the F**king Glazers but the manager of the greatest club in England. One stupid penny pinching muppet in the club i.e Woodward is enough...<ok>

2. Like_a_virgin

Like_a_virgin Member

Second that. Moyes needs to learn to think big. Big club, big players, big wins, big season.

3. Christiansmith

Absolutely. He needs to move away from the "small club money saving working on a budget" mentality. He did a good job at Everton on this basis, making do. At United, he's GOT to start thinking about the top players, the players he wants and not the money. What difference does it make to the club that a top player he really needs costs £30m instead of £26 FFS? It is a measly 4 f**king millions which United's accountants and expensive penpushers can easily sort out.

MOYES: YOUR JOB IS TO GET THE BEST PLAYERS YOU NEED. DO NOT BOTHER NEGOTIATING THE MONEY DEALS AND GET VALUE FOR MONEY LIKE AT ******* TESCO'S!

4. Carrick_16

Carrick_16 Banned

He's going to surprise a lot of our fans in my opinion, he's the type of midfielder we needed since Keane left, i'm glad we've got him, he's got my support.

5. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Alan Myers (Everton's Director of Communications) has just tweeted that Fellaini did not pay £4m of the transfer fee & the buying club are paying £27.5m

Bad attempt at spin my United & Moyes here & another OG.

6. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Or a poor attempt at spin by Everton. A tweet is hardly an official statement by the club.

Besides which, Myers has also tweeted that Fellaini did not give up his loyalty bonus. Which means that Everton still have to pay him £4m and hence you still only get £23.5m. So Everton don't end up in a better situation either way. Also raises the question of why you still paid him a loyalty bonus after he handed in an official transfer request.

Think this will almost certainly turn into one of those Ferdinand esque transfers where the buying and selling club view the fees paid in different ways to suit their own propaganda and appease their own fans.

7. Dave A

Dave A Member

I think people are misunderstanding what Fellaini gave up. By handing in a transfer request he gave up his right to up to £4 million in loyalty payments which he would have been entitled to had Everton sold him without him handing in a transfer request. This £4 million has nothing to do with the transfer fee negotiated between United and Everton.

8. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

He was never due £4m it's an absolute crock of **** made up by United to spare their blushes. He was due £750k, which United added to his signing on fee apparently.

9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

He didn't say that at all - he said that Fellaini never gave up £4m - which he didn't.

10. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

"John Pringle &#8207;@JohnPringle94 1h
    @ALANMYERS1 did he give up 4 million bonus ?"

"ALAN MYERS &#8207;@ALANMYERS1 42m
    @MattRussell1878 @JohnPringle94 ok! The answer is no, sorry didn't see tweet!"

If he wasn't due a £4 million bonus, why did your DoC not say so?

11. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

he did ffs, he said he never gave up a £4m bonus.

12. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Then why not say "there was no £4m bonus"

Like the blokes on Twitter say, he would make a great politician! <laugh>

13. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Is he the next Zaha? <whistle>

14. Carrick_16

Carrick_16 Banned

<doh>.

15. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

Nobody is that good, expect Fabio's hair

16. Carrick_16

Carrick_16 Banned

i've got him in my fantasy team this was way before he joined us.

17. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

Fabios hair?

18. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

[video=youtube;mZFuxC1bdUk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZFuxC1bdUk[/video]

It is clear from this, Fellaini will give us a lot more that what our current midfield offers. He may not be the creative CM we wanted and needed but he was always going to be signed in addition anyway. Just a pity the club never also managed to identify a realistic creative target and concentrated all their efforts onto them. We appear to have been running from target to target.

Like I said a few weeks ago on the rumours thread, ever wonder why Ever Banega and or Nicolas Gaitan were never approached?

19. Carrick_16

Carrick_16 Banned

<doh>.

20. Christiansmith

I think Fellaini could do a job for us. He is combative enough and will add that extra bite we need in midfield. And a new face will shake things up in the dressing room. As for a creative midfielder I am now hoping that DM trusts Kagawa more and let him start. As I said he was the best midfielder in Germany at one time and the league that provided the 2 finalists of the CL is not a second rate league...<ok>