1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United vs Ruabanhuloyuaherlangogogo

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Treble, Sep 29, 2016.

1. lostboi

lostboi Active Member

So far pogba has been our most adventurous player. Only player willing to take a risk and give a through forward pass.

2. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

your team is god awful..

thank **** you have Jose

bulletinthehead and lostboi like this.
  3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Easy win in the end. Never got out of 2nd gear and never needed to.

Mourinho has his eye on the game against Stoke on Sunday.

4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I thought Mata controlled the game and was pretty good going forward. Playing with Fellaini doesn't help.

5. Stan

Stan Stalker

Savage absolutely savaged Fellaini during the game. It's the first time he's ever been right as a pundit.

6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Decent game with the final ball lacking too often. Mata controlled most of the game, with Herrera there to link with him it would have been much better.
    Bailly was again top notch, he either takes the ball off players with ease and makes a good pass or puts it into the stand without fuss.
    Pogba is still trying to do too much and losing the ball, he really does need to stop trying to prove his worth and just play his game.
    Zlatan never loses the ball or gives it away, even with his karate kick flicks he always manages to find a team mate and his movement to create space for others is second to none.
    Fellaini did what he was there for, it's not his fault he slows things down when we have possession so no real complaint from me except his selection.
    Rashford should always be to the left of centre, even though he started life as a RW his crossing from that side is poor and his goal threat is negated because he rarely cuts in from the right.
    Rooney will/should get many 15/20 min cameos in the next few months but obviously needs phasing out with a bit of dignity.

7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

So, still never been right then :emoticon-0100-smile

8. Stan

Stan Stalker

Fellaini contributes absolutely nothing positive to the team. He is there to win defensive headers and foul players who are quicker and more skilful than him. We were playing at home against a team I'd never heard of but Fellaini was selected ahead of Carrick's incisive passing (assuming Herrera has finally proven he has to be a key player and Mourinho hates Schneiderlin so both unselectable). Bollocks. I hate watching him play for United.

9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

No mention of Fosu-Mensah's stalwart display and decent going forward as well. Disappointed in you Diego :(

He's not the finished article defensively, but in terms of pace and power he's better than Valencia. He should play RB imo.

10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Yep, I just try to convince myself it's because Mourinho is saving the others for Prem games.

Diego is right we can't blame Fellaini for getting picked, but we can for his god awful performances. He's supposed to be a professional footballer yet has zero technical ability and is being paid handsomely for it. It's like playing with 10 men. This is no joke I could play better than him.

Diego likes this.

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I could have gave a shout to Big Tim but felt I didn't need to, I could have also praised Rojo for a few decent crosses and Romero for one good save (Smalling didn't do anything wrong either). I just kept it to a few so as to keep it real so to speak :grin:

12. Stan

Stan Stalker

Hmmm.....I thought Rojo showed yet again why he was a bizarre, batshit LVG signing.

13. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Why? he didn't have to defend and was quite good going forward. What did you see that he did wrong?

14. Stan

Stan Stalker

When he did have to defend he was ****ing hopeless.

15. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Mediocre game, which seems somehow to reflect Mourinho 's low opinion of the competition. The players are not listening to his constant encouragement to do well. Instead they are taking their cue from his statement that they shouldn't have been in it.

United just scraped through when based on the players they have it should have been a walk in the park.

Still a lot of work to be done. 4/10

16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Perhaps you missed the bit where I specifically said "he didn't have to defend" :emoticon-0100-smile

He is no Shaw or Blind (or even Young) but did very little wrong tonight and actually played some of our best crosses.

17. Stan

Stan Stalker

At times he did have to defend and he was beaten almost every time.

It's not like we had them on the back foot for 93 minutes

18. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Ok <ok>

19. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

You can see why this competition ****s seasons up.

On the face of it it should just be like the champions league, only on a different day. But if, like Mourinho, you're constantly saying you don't want to be in it this transfers onto the team, who don't play at full pelt, and then any momentum gained is lost. This is also reflected in team selection as there is no doubt that for the Fenernbahce game he'll play a reserve team, given it's between Liverpool and Chelsea in the league. So we'll lose, and we'll be in 'crisis' again.

They should just take the tournament seriously, say we're in it to win it, and get the **** on with it. We've got enough of a squad to do that.

20. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

I think Wayne's best friend, neighbour and hair stylist - Mr Robbie Savage went a little over the top with his praise for our Wayne's wonderful, intentional 'into the ground and uppy' style 'assist