1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Manchester Terror Attack

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, May 23, 2017.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

19 killed at the MEN Arena.

Suspected suicide bomber.

****ing disgusting pigs.

anyobrien and magpie290761 like this.
  2. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

Sick bastards.

Sorry, but its too late to do anything about it. We have encouraged Muslims to live here, bring their beliefs here, now plant their bombs here.
    ****ing raging.

3. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

My 11 year old daughter loves Ariana Grande. I am sure most of the people at that concert would have been teenage girls with their Mums or friends. To target such an event shows how evil these people are. I am so angry, but I cant think of a thing we can do to prevent these manaics doing this again.

magpie290761 likes this.
  4. Dorty Dogbreath

I've been to a few concerts at Newcastle Arena with my teenage daughter and its just young kids out to enjoy themselves.

I've kind of forgot what these muslims are trying to teach us by doing this.......is it politics, religion, get out of their countries, we hate you lot......what?

5. NUFCBRONX

NUFCBRONX Active Member

Blowing up a bunch of kids, ****ing disgusting. Like Dorty I too am ****ing raging.

6. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

These terrorists are complete ****ing cowards who hide in the shadows like the vermin they are.

Put them in a room with a british soldier and no weapons and lets see how tough these murdering ****s are.. one on one.

magpie290761 likes this.
  7. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

What do people think about them having access to all our personal data, if it allows them to catch people...

8. Dorty Dogbreath

I've nothing to hide and would have no problem with it.

That said, the scumbag who did this was probably known to the authorities, so if they can't watch out for those they already now, what's the point in having more info?

9. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

My favorite search is " big natural tits" . I dont care who knows this!!

Judge Death and Marra SAFC 77 like this.
  10. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

It's sickening. This is a deliberate attack on kids and teenagers, with mass casualties. I have no words that can describe how I feel as I just cannot get my head around anyone ever doing that. What sick, corrupted minds these lunatics have.

Anyone with kids, nephews, nieces, younger siblings, etc., will just find this news totally gut wrenching. That could just as easily have been my girls at a concert and I can't begin to imagine how that would feel.

Thoughts are with the victims, their families and friends.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    magpie290761 and Marra SAFC 77 like this.

11. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

my feelings on the spineless bastards

magpie290761 likes this.
  12. Blacker-than-Knight

We are one of the most tolerant countries in the world yet they hate us for our freedoms, I lived in Manchester for 6 years and have been to the Arena for a lot of gigs and my heart goes out to those injured and the families that have lost their loved ones, my only thought for those who do this to us is kill them all, no trial, no negotiation, no human rights just retribution and death.

13. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

No issues - nothing to hide, reckon they'd be bored witless reading most of my emails etc

14. GeordieHalfbreed

GeordieHalfbreed Well-Known Member

I'm raging too, and if I'm absolutely honest, my first thought was not that different to yours.

My second thought though was "what does the evil bastard who planted that bomb want me to think right now?"

The people bombing innocent kids *want* you to lash back out at the Muslims living peacefully in this country. Because they, and the extremist preachers who support them, *also* believe that there is no way that Muslims can live here, bring their beliefs here, raise their kids here. Because then those kids won't be 100% Pakistani or Syrian or whatever, even if they're not quite white British either. They might go to mosque on a Friday, but then football on a Saturday. Shop for Halal food but sneak a beer with their mates when their folks aren't looking. Go to American pop concerts. That's the opposite of what the people murdering kids want. They want the Caliphate.

If we lash out at all Muslims then we drive those kids into the arms of the death cult. The people telling them that life under Islamic state is a paradise. If we make sure they're unwelcome here, the kids start to *want* to believe that lie.

It's also worth noting that this is the first bombing we've had in this country in over a decade. One of the reasons for that is the tip offs the police get from people who see their mates taking an interest in bombs, or talking about going to Syria, or shopping round for a gun. Those Muslims risking their livelihoods, maybe even their lives, to protect people like us, like the kids murdered last night, from people in their own faith are choosing their country over their community. They're choosing Britain over the Caliphate.

Let's think very, very carefully before we give them a reason to doubt that choice.

15. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

Absolute tragedy, completely abhorrent attacks, to single out a gig which would have girls probably as young as 9 with their parents and then older girls at their first gig without their parents is completely unforgivable.

I'm sick of the pray for London/Paris/Manchester slogan now and genuinely believe that the public needs to be shown something is being done about this.

I understand that not all muslim's can be tarred with the same brush, but there is a correlation between these types of attacks and heavily Muslim populated areas/countries. Whilst 90% of followers here would condemn the attacks, they don't really care, they would report a radicalised mosque to the police or provide evidence, Especially women

Why do countries like Saudi Arabia still have the death penalty and stoning, because these tough laws need to be implemented to gain control.

Attacks are prevented constantly, but this is no consolation to Lee Rigby's family, the people who lost their lives in the Westminster attack, the 7/7 bombings and now Manchester.

Mayor of London was right, Terrorist attacks are part and parcel of city life.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  16. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Can't argue with anything there - I guess the thing that maybe does annoy me though is the lack of condemnation from religious/community leaders, making the very point you've just made.

If my religion were being hijacked and used for political purposes, I think I'd want to distance myself from the perpetrators to help quell the sort of reaction you describe above.

Often however, the silence is deafening

17. GeordieHalfbreed

GeordieHalfbreed Well-Known Member

I've often thought this.

Then I went along to a vigil for the Westminster attack. They had speeches from various faith leaders, including two Muslims (one community leader and one Imam).

Their condemnation of what had happened was overwhelming. Not only did they say that it what had happened was the antithesis of Islam, but, honestly, I believed they meant it. Reading between the lines, you could see their frustration - that they'd made these condemnations time and time again, but still the idea that 'Muslim leaders don't condemn attacks' is widespread and hard to shift.

So maybe the condemnation is made, but not that widely reported? Not because of some media conspiracy, but just because it gets boring after a while - particularly when there is a terrorist attack to speculate about.

I'm not a liberal do-gooder who thinks that the fault is all with white people/Israel. Militant Islam scares the sh!te out of me. I just think we have to be smart in how we tackle it, rather than targeting precisely the communities and groups who the terrorists want us to go after.

18. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Sickening. As a father with a young daughter who loves Ariana Grande and would love to attend one of her concerts, it really hits home how easily this could be my own family in a few years. To target this kind of environment shows those who committed the act as both cowardly and lacking in any moral fibre. The timing and location within the arena etc of the attack is particularly callous.

I'm sure we will be told that our own government are just as indiscriminate when carrying out their own attacks around the world, and all the usual guff. Whilst I don't condone everything our government and others do, there is no justification for this kind of act.

I've attended that arena in recent years myself, and was actually in Manchester at the Albert Hall in February for a Kaleo gig. Indeed we were looking at going down that way again in October/November time. It certainly wouldn't stop me as you can't live in fear but it does make you take it into consideration.

I fully understand the desire to look at this as a muslim issue and so on. I'm not really keen on rushing to conclusions but there is undoubtedly some weight behind the argument on a very basic level. However we have to accept those committing these acts are not in anyway associated with most of the practising muslims in this country. I'm not sure there is a solution to all this, we're not making any progress. Unfortunately evil people do evil things, and they find a way of doing it where they want to. People want to see action, they want to know what we're going to do. Outside of investigating and bringing anyone to justice who is involved, what else can be done?

19. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

Jakarta Toon - isn't there a huge political issue in Jakarta between the Christian Governor in regards to blasphemy, I don't claim to know what's going on in great detail, but it seems to be extremely tense with the Muslim follower calling for his death because he miss-interpreted the Quran?

20. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Attacking an arena full of children. Well done ISIS - you really are the 'brave' fighters that you claim to be. Cowards the lot of them. I don't have a problem with the law abiding majority of muslims in this country. My grandad was Yemeni and was a devout muslim. I grew up around muslims. My mother, although not a practicing muslim grew up with the experiences of my grandad and other muslims within the local community. She could have been murdered in Sousse in Tunisia a couple of years back as she was on that beach at the time of the attack and thankfully got away.

A minority of 'wahabi muslims' - for those that don't know, wahabi's are puritanical muslims that take the literal meaning of each word/ verse/ hadith in the q'ran literally are responsible for these attacks. It's a bit like a Christian taking the 'eye for an eye' verses in the old testament literally. The muslims that I know through growing up are moderate and dismiss the violent passages of the q'ran. They belong to the past and are rightly ignored. The problem is, these hate preachers are teaching in schools/ mosques that the word of the q'ran is literal and non-believers as a result should be slaughtered. The preachers are resident within the UK and some are allowed in from outside to preach their filth. Until this problem is tackled this will continue.

What really gets my goat are liberal do-gooders that refuse to acknowledge that there is a problem and think that you can make peace with these morons. Try telling that to the families of the countless dead.