1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

LJ... Do the Honorable Thing....

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Reliant Robin TC, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Reliant Robin TC

Reliant Robin TC Active Member

You've given it your best shot, but, for whatever reason, it's not working, is it?

Rightly or wrongly, I've not joined in the call for his head before now as I believed the new faces may have needed a certain amount of time to bed in.

It certainly seems that Stevie baby isn't going to throw in the towel, so I think its down to you!!

The criticism you took as a player (in my view, much of it unfair - but that's another story!!) will be nothing compared to what you might get if, and it seems increasing likely, you take us down.

Walk away now and give someone else the chance....

2. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Pretty much word for word. Overly harshly treated as a player. Promising manager but it's absolutely not worked out. Too much now.

3. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

Cash cow for him, he won't go voluntarily.

People said he loves the club but they have nothing tangible to point to in order for that to be factual.

This club has afforded him a career in football he has not earned whatsoever. A small fortune. The fact he is here after the worst run any of us are ever likely to see again and made nonsense excuse after nonsense excuse shows quite the opposite of love. He cares about himself and his back pocket only.

TampaBayBCFC likes this.
  4. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

Yep - why would he resign and lose his entitlement to his contract being paid up when he finally gets the boot?

It's sad things didn't work out but I care about the club, not the manager who has been well compensated for an absolute cluster f#ck this season after a promising start.

ibodyslamrhinos likes this.
  5. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Wrong man, wrong time and certainly the wrong place for Lee unfortunately after a playing career where he was plagued with insults and innuendos. You should leave now with the padded purse in pocket and stay low for a while until the dust settles and don't worry about someone else having to clear up the mess left behind. And yet I have a sneaking suspicion he may still be around for some time to come.

6. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

100% agree with Reliant. It hasn't worked out for LJ, no need (again) for the level of personal abuse he has suffered however, it's clearly now time for him to go.
    I think the players have let him down badly with some very basic errors this season in front of goal and in defence ( AM tonight as an example) and should take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror - which they won't, as it's NEVER the players fault in their eyes!!

manxrobin and banksyisourhero like this.
  7. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I wasn't part of the chanting Johnson out as I think like booing it only harms the playing team. But I was hoping
    to hear he's stepped down and then heard his aftermatch speech and was flabbergasted that he still believes he will turn it around.
    Tonight it looked like we played Spurs on Sunday not a team who's had 8 days rest. Training practice tonight for Fulham I thought.

manxrobin likes this.
  8. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

The beatings will continue until morale improves comes to mind in this ongoing farce.

9. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Pathetic speech on the Radio tonight and A block was in full voice.

Johnson out say we want Johnson out.alongside Ateyo stand.

10. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

It was the whole ground, not just in them areas

11. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

We were lucky to get 0 tonight. Worst I have seen us play this season- Did 190 mile round trip and completely reorganised my day to watch that tonight- Heard LJ on Radio going home. Totally deluded if he thinks that he can still turn it round- What starting at Newcastle away?- Taxi for LJ. Enough is enough

12. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

I truly feel for you 190 miles watching that rubbish.

gdknac likes this.
  13. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I have to say that was pathetic, 4-4-2 didn't work, only Cotterill looked half decent, the rest were dreadful.
    I understand everyone's feelings towards LJ, but I also think that the players need to take responsibility as well. Mistakes, not closing down, not creating space. Allowing Fulham to control the game. Our keeper Giefer better than Fielding? I'm not so sure, looks a bit out of his depth as did Matthews, Golbourne & Hegeler.
    Fulham looked comfortable all night, by far the better team on the night.

manxrobin likes this.
  14. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

wasn't even entertaining was it!

15. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Cotterell MoM for me.

16. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Adam Matthews must be up there with Nicky Hunt for our worst RB's I listened to the whole game at work on my phone - we were woeful. Is Flint the issue at CB? We never seem to press and always drop off, some of that has to be down to the individual players and not the management teams tactics?
    When Pemberton was interim coach he did a good job with the defence, so why is he struggling now?

17. oneforthebristolcity

Definitely lack of leaders on the pitch, maybe too many players in at one go, creates disruption in the camp.
    Can't imagine the size of this drawing board the management keeps going back too!!

18. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Given the run around by a 16 year old kid tonight !

19. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

I said it before Christmas, these players are simply not playing for this useless bloke.

I have no idea why we have been so loyal to a guy who has had a free ride in this sport and has literally some of the worse stats as a player and manager to show for it.

Yet an actual city legend like Brian Tinion who gave his career for this club, when he could easily have played at a higher level, we were happy to get rid of and oust all together. He wasn't as useless as LJ, still bad but not as utterly incomprehensible as our current 'prat a manager', but for one of the few legends this club has, he was disposed of right away.

Lansdown is as bad as Mike Ashley. Not fit to run a football club.

Red Robin and Angelicnumber16 like this.
  20. oneforthebristolcity

I have to say I disagree with most of this!
    I don't believe the players aren't playing for him, although there is something radically wrong as they seem to be playing at individuals rather than as a team.
    Worst stats as a player, don't know where you get that from. I also didn't think he was useless as a player.
    Tinnion was a good player but not a fantastic player in my opinion, would have been if he could kick the ball with both feet! Plus I remember, plenty of our fans unfairly giving him stick as a player (fickle as they are) He was a dreadful manager though.
    As for Landsdown....I think he's done wonders for financing the club (more than anyone else in history, but I agree hasn't got a clue with appointing the right personnel to run team affairs......Apart from GJ & maybe Cotts....it's been dreadful,

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017