1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liverpool MOTM

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by AlRawdah, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Tibbers

Tibbers Active Member

Alfred N'Diaye
    Oumar Niasse
    Andrea Rannochia

2. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Other clubs have been doing this for years, (remember Sheff Utd, two balls thrown on at once) why do we catch on after everyone else.

3. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Been thinking about this all day today. Really tough call as there were some outstanding performers. Christ now we've got some complicated surnames as MOTM candidates. I think any 3 could quite easily be a justified candidate!

1) Ranocchia - I said with a Christian name like Andrea, he'd have to be able to play a bit - boy can he play a bit!! Stepped in to replace Dawson last minute - what an assured, confident and measured performance. Also, that assist for the through ball to Niasse - Excellent performance.

2) N'Diaye - like terminator in midfield - he tackled and passed and scored and worked tirelessly. Honestly - what a brilliant debut from 2 new signings.

3) Jak or Evandro, can't decide. Jakupovic deserves all the accolades he gets. AGAIN he made some truly outstanding saves to keep Liverpool at bay. Where are the Jak knockers now? Probably not attending games. Evandro - this fella is a magician with the ball at his feet. I can see why Silva made him a priority and I can see why Livermore became available as in my opinion Evandro has a bit more about his game.

Fourthly the fans. The ownership issue and concession issue to one side. The team and the manager really do deserve our support. If you want to continue your boycott against the owners - then fine. But if you are considering a return I would urge you to do so.

I hate the owners, but I support the team, not the regime.

CANADATIGER and greene like this.
  4. hovetiger

hovetiger Well-Known Member

Particular praise to the fat ball boy in the North West corner...ambled over with the ball and personally handed it ever so slowly to Jak (whether that was tactical or just his normal pace, I'm not sure)

5. hovetiger

hovetiger Well-Known Member

Huddlestone- top man on top form- one of the most cultured English midfielders gracing the City of Culture- what's not to like?
    Robertson- best attacking outlet 1st half and defended pretty well throughout
    Rannochia- was very good 2nd half..won everything

Kempton likes this.
  6. djsowtz

djsowtz Well-Known Member

It was just one of those days you could have given it to pretty much anyone

originallambrettaman likes this.
  7. djsowtz

You're right, Abel's not suited to that. On another day though, he would have put his chances away, I don't know if it was the penalty misses in the cup game or the dire header at Old Trafford that has dented his confidence a little.

But...... in his defence, he ran all day, he tracked back and helped make it difficult for Liverpool, and most importantly for me, if he doesn't go for that ball, we don't get the first goal, he forced the mistake from Mignolet.

CANADATIGER and GLP like this.
  8. djsowtz

Although pretty much impossible, if I had to choose, I would go for:

Evandro - ran all day, ran out of steam, some really important defensive work, what a find

Ranocchia - as the game grew, he became more comfortable and confident, some really important tackles, 2 dodgy passes, but nothing we're not used to, fabulous in the air - exactly what we've needed and that ball to Niasse gets better every time I watch it

Niasse - did exactly what he was brought on to do, worked so hard, ran in all sorts of directions, held the ball up so well, and a great finish

9. Top_Tiger

Top_Tiger Well-Known Member

I'd like to think Silva has improved Hernandez since Chelsea because he was horrendous in that game. Much better in this in his running. Niasse suits us better though. Just don't let him tackle.

djsowtz likes this.
  10. Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR

Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR Well-Known Member

1. Ranocchia.
    2. Huddlestone.
    3. N'Diaye.

11. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Last call for Liverpool MOTM votes please.

12. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

A genuinely close one for once, but...

The not606 Man of the Match for Liverpool at home is

TOM HUDDLESTONE

please log in to view this image