1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liquidator, thoughts on this tune being played please ????

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by BCFCDOTCOMDUDE, Aug 27, 2012.

1. BCFCDOTCOMDUDE

I have heard this up at stamford bridge as the players enter onto the pitch, it creates an electric arena and is very intimidating for away fans and players to hear as it binds us all hopefully in harmony that on the last clap part of the song where fans are encouraged by its true nature that we all together let out a roar of duh duh duh duh "CITY".......worth a go????.......... buzzing and would in my opinion rock the gate and get everyone going....on the same note im fully aware its not the Wurzels but do like a bit of ska....must be the old skool in me......

2. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

The Liquidator intimidating <laugh> Why do the club have to play music to get the fans in the mood? My view is that if less decibel record-breaking commercials and motivational tunes were played before football games, the fans would replace the noise with their own and actually get an atmosphere going.

Although that particular song is fairly amusing because both Wolves and West Brom used to play it and before the end bit where 'The Wolves!' or 'West Brom!' is shouted, they'd inevitably make a go-forth-and-multiply type reference to their rivals. You could do the same for the Rovers. Before the club stopped playing it because it became too offensive.

3. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;LmLDf9XKMfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmLDf9XKMfk[/video]

Hardly intimidating, I can remember this being played at Ashton gate for years now anyway?

4. BCFCDOTCOMDUDE

intimidating maybe wrong choice of word, thinking about it its quite a happy tune, but theres nothing better than a set of football fans singing from the same song sheet at the same time to drown out the teams like shi**y L**ds when players come out onto the pitch

5. banksyisourhero

"the fans would replace the noise with their own and actually get an atmosphere going"

I have to say there may be some truth in this. Why don't we try it and see what happens..

However, I did think that when we played Knights of Cydonia by Muse at the end of last season it fitted really well in to our relegation predicament and I did think it inspired the players and the fans.. It did me anyway.

6. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I was playing air guitar to it, my wife thought it was hilarious ;)

7. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Old skool will know it was played at Ashton Gate in the seventies and what felt like every other second ground. Stick to the Wurzels, City do not have many traditions left. Its good to be a little different rather than copy everybody else. Ashton Gate has one of the best atmosphere in the division due to its less than modern feel. The savy fan will understand that.

8. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I agree stick to the Wurzles but start with Drink up the Cider.

9. banksyisourhero

[video=youtube;LYZ6gXWZfZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYZ6gXWZfZM&feature=channel&list=UL[/video]

I like this. Modern and the lyrics fit well for us at the moment...

10. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

This brought back some rythmatic memories....<party>

[video=youtube;BjKRv4cqTgc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjKRv4cqTgc[/video]

11. Three Lions BS3

Like to see City improving whats already there. Get the old Pride of the West slogan back, use it to publicise the club. Bristol nad the west is cool place to be so big its culture up instead of copying every other ****er. Good old tradition was giving the gas score out if they were losing as it always raised a cheer and often gave the atmosphere a lift. Sadly I dont think it will happen as its not what the non fans and non locals on the board want.

12. BCFCDOTCOMDUDE

great discussion, great comments............i like this song and am up for giving it a go, but not if im the only one setting meself up for chants aimed at me like "on ur own, on ur own on ur own " lol
    But, together we can, footballing unity

Great result Saturday
    otib

13. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

I thought it was terrible, and most of the people my age said the same, Chelsea dagger anyone........

14. banksyisourhero

"and most of the people my age said the same"

Did you ask them all then?

15. WURZEL LOYAL

WURZEL LOYAL New Member

Wonder if anybody realises around BCFC the liquidator was part of skinhead bootboy culture in the 70's?

Keep it local. No need to be so plastic and attempt to manufacture an atmosphere.

16. Sixtyseconds

Sixtyseconds Member

One for the Bristol City, Drink up thy cider, Red Robin and I am a cider drinker for the Eastend. Add a bit of Masive Attack maybe and stop all this imitaing others and have some pride in the City and culture.

17. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

Most ;) tbh never heard of the song before city used it

18. banksyisourhero

"tbh never heard of the song before city used it"

Fair enough, they dont tend to play it at 'your sort of club' :biggrin: More Kylie and stuff....

19. Mag

Mag Member

Personally I reckon it' s a great tune........but then I do like a bit of sixties and early seventies Ska. Take the point that it's hardly original or especially relevant to City though.

Quite honestly I'm just enjoying watching us play at the minute.......we actually look really good in all areas of the pitch.

20. JamboBCFC

JamboBCFC Member

Shiny had you really never heard of Knights of Cydonia?! Me and all my mates thought it was brilliant <laugh>