1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liberty

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by 55282, Feb 18, 2017.

1. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

How would you cater for 30,000 at St Helens? <laugh>

2. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

30000 a season?

3. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

We install 30,000 seats? :)

4. Bap666

Bap666 Well-Known Member

Would love to know where these extra 10k swans fans are hiding that would fill a 30k seater stadium. Considering none of them are buying match day tickets.
    The new stadium increased our match day fans to on average 13k. Promotion to the PL increased that by a further 6k. Since being in the PL we have sold on average 25k shirts per season GLOBALLY!!!!!
    I know shirt sales may not be much of a measure but personally just because the stadium is bigger it doesn't automatically mean our fan base will grow. I get the feeling some people believe in the mantra of Build it and they will come. I think we are pretty much at our max and should relegation happen at sometime we will go back to 12k gates again as that is the true fan base since being at the Liberty and prior to the PL

seabreeze likes this.
  5. Libertyswan

Libertyswan Well-Known Member

We are losing generations of kids because there are not enough cheap seats or groups of seats available for families or adults who want to experience watching us play. On occasions yes there are some tickets available for lesser games but we need kids to be able to go regularly & make them feel part of the club. Build an extension above the East & offer cheap season tickets up there for families and you will fill it, frees up the South stand for those adult groups who like to sit together. Many had to move before the start of this season when Dineen announced the South stand was just for families, a short sited & idiotic decision which alienated many loyal fans who had sat there since the Liberty opened. Our 20,000 seater stadium is too small if we want to continue to grow, we should be looking to expand by at least 5,000 which is still small compared with many others in the top two divisions.

6. Libertyswan

Think we have sold out home tickets for every game this season over 20,600 today with Burnley not selling their full allocation.

7. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

When I check for tickets I discount the away allocation because whether their sold out or not you can't book in their block, up to yesterday morning there were complete rows available .in the North stand upper tier .I agree with what you've posted and the size of the expansion. thats enough to satisfy the current demand and for walk in on the day fans .

8. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I haven't got a season ticket. I'd like to have one, but there's no chance at the moment.
    I have been to see the occasional game by buying a match day ticket. Each time I have done this I have only found single seats available. If I wanted to go with some friends/family/children, we would have to sit apart. Whilst you can put up with that as as an adult, it's certainly not an option for children.
    I'm sure we'd get above the capacities we are getting at the moment, maybe not sell outs unless for the big teams, but I still feel that's better than what we have now.

9. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Where does that figure come from Bap - Is that the official figure from the club ?

I'd bet on that average dropping after this season due to the Joma kit. Just as a man on the street I am definitely seeing less of this kit than any other kit we've had since being in the PL. I've also noticed discounts being offered on it earlier than any other season.

10. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

why should only families be offered cheap seats. There are masses out there who struggle with the prices we have to pay to watch, there are already massive concessions for kids. I was moved from the south to the east and to be honest I hate it so agree with that bit. but why a family should be afforded cheap season tickets makes no sense, I can just about afford to get mine and my sons ST every year. The thought of someone having cheaper tickets than me just to fill a stadium would piss me right off and would be unfair to low paid workers who don't have families.

Stumpy likes this.

11. trundles left foot

no coincidence I have emails through every day about replica sales at the club shop.

12. Libertyswan

As i mentioned earlier its the kids we should be encouraging to attend our games, when I first started at the Vetch the north bank was affordable for everyone & my Dad would willingly take both me and my brother regularly. Compare that to these days at the Liberty, as someone mentioned you can't often get three seats or more together. Those that are available are random ones or twos so many families no longer get the opportunity to attend our games at all let alone on a regular basis.

Regarding pricing, the cheap deals we used to see were kids for £1 with an attending full paying adult, I'd suggest a similar option if we expand maybe offering deals for groups of adults too. I honestly feel if we stay up this season the demand for season tickets will not diminish as some have suggested, it is such a good deal for those lucky enough to have them.

I want my club to continue to grow in stature & for that to happen we need to increase our fanbase & enable many more to experience how great it is to have premier league football to watch in South West Wales.

13. trundles left foot

These cheap deals are great, but what about the ST holders who have already laid out their money sometimes 8 months before the start of the season, only for non ST holders to get better deals than them, that just can not be fair. for me and my son it is nearly £800 and then for me to see people getting better deals just to fill a stadium and maybe we increase our following is not fair on those laying out early and lets be honest as soon as we are relegated and we will one day, it doesn't matter how many good day fans we have added, there will only be 12-15000 fans there.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  14. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Agree with all this, on the money as I see it. I have not been able to get 3 tickets together for the last 3 or 4 years, yes there are the single seats available, but who wants those when you have a family?...... <ok>

swan_and_only likes this.
  15. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Me <laugh>

16. DragonPhilljack

There's always one problem child!......... <laugh>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  17. Libertyswan

If you work out what you pay for a 19 match season ticket compared with a full price ticket for every game the overall saving is excellent, you also have your guaranteed seat plus first picks on home cup games & discount on club shop purchases. I wouldn't begrudge letting a regular fan buy at reduced rates especially for less popular games if it meant we could fill a bigger stadIum & have more support. We have to think big if we are to compete, it's a struggle for us to survive at this level with our limited income but we have the opportunity to improve the capacity of our stadium from 20,000 just like we had the opportunity in 2005 of moving from the 12,000 capacity at the Vetch Field.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  18. DragonPhilljack

For me it's a no brainer to expand, you cannot stand still, and the demand is there, so it would be bad business not to expand.

19. The Lone Rangel

The Lone Rangel Active Member

There's more chance of Bob Bradley getting the Real Madrid job than there is of there being 10,000 secret Swans fans who can't wait to get their hands on a season ticket. There were still spaces available for Burnley on the morning of the game.

An extra 5-7,000 on the capacity would be ample to both cater for some growth in crowds and generate additional revenue without leaving too many empty seats when the less attractive fixtures roll around. The bulk of the work for that could be achieved fairly easily over a summer, so I don't know why some idiots think decamping to St. Helens would be necessary.

seabreeze likes this.
  20. Bap666

Bap666 Well-Known Member

http://www.sportingintelligence.com...nd-barca-in-global-shirt-sales-league-161001/