1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lets all laugh at Norwich

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by FORZA LEEDS, Jun 12, 2011.

1. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

I met a fairy today who granted me one wish. "I want to live forever"I said. "Sorry"said the fairy,"I can't grant wishes like that." "Fine,"I said,"I want to die when Norwich City have won more trophies than Leeds United." "You crafty ****!" Said the fairy.

2. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

<laugh>

They don't even have an honours list on their website. Then again, I suppose two major trophies doesn't constitute much of a list at all.

3. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

They WERE two LEAGUE CUPS though Loiner.

4. Jerel Ifil

They'd probably include their third division trophies as major honours if they had the choice. Seemed to think it was something to brag (constantly) about last season.

5. CanariesSoccer

CanariesSoccer Well-Known Member

How embarrassing...

6. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

So it's NOT only 1p5wich who live on past glories <doh>

7. Jerel Ifil

You're confusing being proud of something and 'living on' it. Man U are proud of their history, are they constantly criticized for 'living off past glories' just because they have huge banners which refer back to their historical successes? Are Chelsea? Arsenal? Liverpool? All clubs whose fans cling to their past as strongly as, if not stronger than Leeds and Ipswich do. Of course not, it's just currently unsuccessful clubs who are criticized for it; it's a subjective argument of the unconvinced and the unsuccessful.

8. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

No matter how much we hate them, Man Ure are successful NOW! You have to be my age to remember Leed's glories

9. CanariesSoccer

To be fair, the majority of Leeds fans I've met have been honest, genuine lads, who are pleased to see us do well.

No one can question Leeds' history, it's top drawer, but to mock others who are in the league above, seems a bit desperate? You'll always have your history to be proud of, and we can be proud of the here and now!

All the best Leeds lot!

OTBC

PC/CS

10. Jerel Ifil

From today's issue of the Yorkshire Evening Post:

The words of Norwich City icon Darren Huckerby there, and not a single mention of Norwich in his list of the big clubs he's played for!

And my point IS that Man U are successful now. They're successful now and have pride in both their present and their history, but no-one says they are living in the past just because they celebrate previous glories. Likewise the other clubs I mention. In fact, there's no club which lives entirely in the present which has no pride whatsoever in its past, I'd argue that to live entirely 100% in the present is self-defeating because it signifies a lack of pride and a lack of love for one's club.

11. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

With all due respect not quite your age Dave. Anyway its just a good-humoured joke,don't get so touchy. Your poster Whole lot of Holt has been constantly coming on to our board with his immature banter which is seriously unfunny. The guy's deluded & obsessed with Leeds United. Maybe he just likes basking in reflected glory by immersing himself with our club.

12. CanariesSoccer

Funny how that Yorkshire Evening Post article neglects to mention the fact that Huckerby turned down the opportunity to play for Leeds after leaving Norwich, still lives in Norwich and works for the club?

Obviously he wasn't that fond of Leeds.

13. Jerel Ifil

You sure you've read it? It mentions all of those things:

I never disputed any of those things, I just think it speaks volumes that he rates Leeds and Man City in a different class to Norwich, which is fair enough from any impartial observer. Anyway, I don't have the slightest problem with Norwich (don't think any Leeds fan does really), just playing along with the thread so don't take any offense from it. Huckerby admits in the interview that he didn't enjoy it loads at Leeds because he never broke into the first team, but he doesn't have a bad word to say about the club.

14. Carra_Rud

Carra_Rud Active Member

Lets laugh at Norwich?

You've not won any kind of silverware in 20 years - 20 years people!!!

Its no surprise Leeds only talk about their success from all those years ago, if you take into account their history since then. 3 seasons spent in League One, and when we made our first visit into the 3rd of tier of English football in 50 years, we pissed all over you after being nearly 20 points behind! All that after 95% of your fans thought you had it all sewn up - how embarrassing.

To be fair, you did well to get 7th last season which must of been a shock to you all, but it must of been galling for you to see "little ol' Norwich" finish 12 points clear of you and get a place in the league (that of course your success 20-40 years ago) you should be in too, never mind the fact you. Just. Ain't. Good. Enough.

Anyway, enough of posting on lower league clubs forums.<ok>

15. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Fact of the matter is, Norwich ARE a bigger club than Leeds at this precise time <ok>

Leeds are an average Championship club - as are Millwall!!

16. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Hey Norwich the past is the past forget it. Live for now and Live for the future, the futures bright for Norwich.
    would you rather have been successful 30 yrs ago or successful now <ok>

HAVE A GREAT SEASON.....

17. lifecheshirewhite

what did you say carra,all i saw was bla bla bla i'm taking my ball and going home to sulk.<laugh>

18. Carra_Rud

Carra_Rud Active Member

<laugh>

Not at all. Why would I be upset? We are playing in the Premier League next season while the biggest club in the world, have to make do with the Championship.;)

19. lifecheshirewhite

------------------------------------------------------
    If millwall are average ,look up you will see all the teams ABOVE average.<laugh>

20. lifecheshirewhite

<cry>come here carra,i'll take that hook out for you m8.looks painful.