1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leicester have bid accepted for Kasper Schmeichel

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by FORZA LEEDS, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

People have said Jason Brown, but so far there hasn't been a single link posted on here about it.

2. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Vibe successfully killed. :(

3. Monster-Leeds - I-Ate-A-Bee

Ooooh Dont get me started on Pilks!! cant believe your after him, isnt prem material at all.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

5. side_before_self

for 1.5million there are so many good keepers out there, grayson surely has scouts who cant see brown is a load of pish

im not to bothered to see kasper leave, never thought he would sign a new contract, we were just a steppign stone for him, im just very surprised he has decided to go to leicester providing he agrees terms, when apparently before we got him on a free there was a host of top european clubs interested

6. Carra_Rud

Carra_Rud Active Member

According to Huddersfield fans, he's just as good as Snodgrass.:emoticon-0108-speec

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

There are actually a lot of good keepers available on frees at the moment, we should know, we need two and have been discussing the options for some time now. We hoped to get Mannone back on loan, but it doesn't look like he's going anywhere now, we've made an approach for Guzan from Villa, but only if they let him go on a free and we were hoping to sign a bloke called Eilhoff, but he decided to stay in Germany and has just signed for Dynamo Dresden. Forgetting Westwood, who looks to be Sunderland bound, there's also Maik Taylor, Gilks and Hahnemann from the Premier League and several others from the other leagues.

8. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

Yeah well they're all, y'know, a bit weird in the head.

9. Yeah i'm Ken Barlow

Could the impending sale of Kasper be a ruse to free up some wage revenue for the possible signings of Woody, Smudger or Bowyer?

If rumours are true and he is on 15-20 K then every litte helps I guess.

I dont rate Kasper that highly but thought he maybe a work in progress as still relatively young. I'm sure Larry and Bates have a replacement in mind and must be pretty certain they will join us otherwise it's a very dangerous game they are playing to leave us with no first choice keeper.

On the possible signings I would only go for Bowyer as not that injury prone and should be more than capable in the Chamionship the other two are just too risky unless we give them Pay as you play contracts.. (Which is not likely they would except that)

10. PunkassTony

PunkassTony New Member

What are the chances of Man City allowing Shay Given a season at Championship level along with a nice fat Bellamy-esque contribution to his wages?

11. leedsmadness

leedsmadness Member

12. Jerel Ifil

Possible.

What are the chances of Shay Given accepting such a move?

Impossible. A number of Premiership and top foreign clubs will be after him if he's available in whatever capacity.

13. EnochForEngland

EnochForEngland Active Member

am putting out this statement now, but let me be clear that I have not signed with any other club, and as far as I am concerned I am still a Leeds United player.

Statement.
    At the end of the season Leeds United and I both made a commitment to honour the last year of my contract and try to win promotion with Leeds United.
    Therefore it is with great disappointment that I have learned that Leeds United have accepted an offer from Leicester.
    I want to put on record that I have never asked to leave the Leeds United, nor did I reject an offer for a new contract, since one was never put to me.
    I was enjoying being a Leeds United player and was looking forward to winning promotion this season with the club.
    I have spoken to the manager Simon Grayson and he has made it clear to me, that, in spite of having played well for him, this is something he believes is a good deal for Leeds United.
    I have been put in a very difficult situation and will spend some time considering my options for my future.

We really do need to sort ourselves out.

14. leedsmadness

leedsmadness Member

We have zero, nil, none, Goalkeepers now, We need to bring in 2 keepers, they must have someone line up to come in, Surely Grayson isnt that bad

15. Jerel Ifil

I'm really glad that statement's come out. Strengthens my suspicions that we're selling him because he's not good enough and because we already have a better replacement lined up. Confirms it's not him wanting out and that we are in the driving seat. Happy days, I say. <ok>

16. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

I think that we are right to sell him now as he won,t commit himself to another contract so his heart is not at Leeds no doubt KB HAS sold him for nearer £2m with a sell on clause!

17. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

He hasn't rejected a contract, even though the club said that it 'would be difficult' to agree terms. If anything, this just highlights how useless Grayson is in the transfer market -whilst us getting a profit on Kasper and a better keeper would reflect good business, in terms of Grayson signing a player on a 2 year contract, before deciding he's not good enough after 1 season.

Last summer we signed Kasper, Collins and Bessone - one has left, the other is transfer listed and the other we are trying to sell. That's poor really. Regardless of your opinions on Kasper, it doesn't say much for the management of this club.

18. Jerel Ifil

Does it reflect badly on Grayson? Kasper was a good signing at the time, he did a job, got a bit rubbish and now looks set to go. It's a shame he got a bit rubbish but that's not Grayson's fault and seems to be the main reason he's being sold.

I agree with this bit. Too much of a 'bring in five, hope one comes good' approach. Hopefully that's something that'll be changed this season (along with the loanee reliance), though it is understandable why there's been such large player traffic at United with our shifting expectations over last season. Personally, I think we're turning a new page and the Schmeichel saga should end positively with an improved keeper brought in as his replacement.

19. PunkassTony

PunkassTony New Member

True, but so far he has been happy to sit on Man City's bench. They wont loan him/sell him to any of their rivals, they don't have to and they won't. The guy is no spring chicken and he wants to play games. Foreign clubs may be interested but who is to say he wants to leave the country?

I reckon if he stepped down to the championship, he wouldn't go far wrong at Leeds. Big crowds, regular games and Man City would have no fear of aiding a rival. I am sure Cardiff were not the only team chasing Bellamy.

20. I used to be john fallen

I used to be john fallen Active Member

Get used to it,Your now a feeder club for us....your now lower on the food chain.......thats life.....