1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lefondre

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Leeds Leeds Leeds, May 30, 2011.

1. Leeds Leeds Leeds

Leeds Leeds Leeds New Member

Not confirmed but just heard Millwall are set to buy Lefondre for 650k they have turned down Morisons transfer request too. Seems like they mean business. How can they do it and we cant ? They spent 500k on McQuoid not long ago.
    Bates wont spend a penny yet we are twice their size.Whats going on?

2. Leeds Leeds Leeds

We are going to struggle next season with the teams that are in the championship mark my words. We will hear rumor after rumor linking good players to us and all we will end up with (again) are waste of space free transfers and loanees.

3. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Not too bothered about Le Fondre in particular as we already have three strikers I'm more than happy with in Becchio, McCormack and Somma. I'm sure any of those players would score a similar amount as Le Fondre at Millwall or anywhere else. I'd say since we need a LB, CB and two CMs, let's wait and see who the other Championship sides are signing in those positions and judge ourselves based on that.

4. CodfatherofSoul

CodfatherofSoul New Member

We are desperate for 3/4 defenders and a strong holding midfielder a la Olifinjana from Hull would be nice. If we keep all the front players, Beccio, Snoddy, Gradel, Mc Cormack and Somma we will have a go at playoffs again next year.

Blakpool and Birmingham will struggle to get going as will West Ham right from the off after a deflating relagation and if we can hit the ground running we could be the Norwich of next season.

5. lifecheshirewhite

Leeds Leeds Leeds-mightywalls millwall friend not Leeds for sure,:emoticon-0105-wink:

6. lifecheshirewhite

Lefondre league 1 standard,will serve them well if they end up back there.Not good enough for our team.

7. Leeds Leeds Leeds

I had a long chat with Mighty night before last asked him to fill me in on this site. he has many Leeds friends and spoke highly of one in praticular Lifecheshirewhite. i got the feeling maybe your more a friend to him than me<ok>

he spoke highly of many Leeds fans for a wallie <ok>

8. lifecheshirewhite

---------------------------------------------------------------
    mighty does have many Leeds friends.I'm pleased to say I'm one of them.

I would also say I probably know all of them,but you just seem to have popped out of nowhere.Are you a long lost brother,a seen the light wally, or part of a split personality.:emoticon-0102-bigsm

9. Leeds Leeds Leeds

im not here to take anybodys side like i said we had a long chat and a laugh about ALF HOOKER which we both found highly amusing Mighty said i know its the slimmy little ****er OLOF and iv got him <laugh>
    i was only telling or maybe trying to warn a fellow leeds fan that his game is up and he was digging a deeper hole,<ok>

10. Jerel Ifil

What a bizarre coincidence that you and mightywall live within just miles of each other. In a foreign country, too.

11. BargainBucket

BargainBucket New Member

Calm down lads, far too much negativity in recent weeks.

All this side really needs is two CMs who can actually track back and tackle properly + a half decent LB (maybe Lihaj on loan again?) and we will at the very least mount a serious top2 challenge.

We have a wealth of attacking talent in this team that would make even some premier league sides envious, the number of goals scored this season speaks for itself.

If we can just finally sign a genuine DM then all our problems will be solved. Sure our back 4 aren't exactly world class, but it doesn't help when you've got BJ bombing forward every second leaving them exposed and lazy Kilkenny never putting a foot in, while barking at everyone else for his own mistakes.

I'm convinced that even Michael Doyle would have done a better job in that role last year than Killa and BJ put together.

There's no quick fix in this division, and recent history tells us that it's the team's the play together the longest, not the ones who spend the most money, that often end up getting promoted. With that thought in mind, Grayson is clearly building something here and I've no doubt that the squad, especially the backline, will return from pre-season next August, a much stronger unit having developed a greater understanding with each other... Something which is impossible to achieve when you sign about 7 defenders half way through a season and expect them all to gel immediately and perform together behind a dysfunctional central midfield.

12. Jerel Ifil

Very sensible post. :emoticon-0137-clapp

You point out the flaws of Johnson and Kilkenny perfectly, if we can get better ball-winner in central midfield, you're right, that will definitely give us a strong core. However in addition to just one CM and a new LB, I think we could also do with a versatile defender to push Connolly, Kisnorbo, Lees and O'Brien, none of whom can be assured a place in the team next year, as well as another central mid since I don't think Clayton or Howson is good enough to play in the deeper two where Kilkenny and Johnson were.

Well said re the attack, people are far too quick to forget what great football we played for most of last season and the number goals we scored. We don't need a fancy new striker or attacking midfielder there, it's all about the bread-and-butter defending where we need to improve. Can't say I agree about Micky Doyle though, he was dismal! :laugh:

13. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Who are you calling a slimy little ****er, i am not Alf ****in' Hooker, but just cos mighty thinks i am you start licking is buttcheeks, like Cheese says, you've just popped up from nowhere and all of a sudden a long lost pal of mightys, or is Mighty a Schizo and you are the same person.?

where did you have this long chat with Mighty about Mr Hooker anyway?

14. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Oh and back on topic, let lefondre go to a little club, someone like Millwall, we don't need him

15. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

He didnt call you a slimmy little ****er i did <laugh>

16. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Thats cos you're the same person Mighty<ok>

17. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

i can smell ****, .................is whole- lotta -****e about?

18. Jerel Ifil

He was, I sprayed some Oust on him and flushed him away.

19. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Nice one Loiner<ok> it worked , he's ****ed off<laugh>

20. lifecheshirewhite

what would showoff never say about a Leeds fan.

The games over Leeds Leeds Leeds..<whistle> ps.ALF HOOKER is well known as the only non-deluded wall fan.