1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds youngster goes on trial at Barcelona

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Not606 News Team, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Whiteyorkist

Whiteyorkist Active Member

Ye of little faith!

2. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

You also don't have to believe everything said is a lie. Come to think of it, are you sure we were actually promoted from League 1? Maybe that's just another Bates conspiracy!!

3. leedsmadness

leedsmadness Member

Dont forget Luke Garbutt (England youth captain ) who Everton stole:bandit:, his tribunal is on Monday, EXPECTED 1m pay day for him, Also Man City :bandit: have taken 2 promising 14yrs youngster this summer.

4. leedsmadness

leedsmadness Member

As far as giving youth a chance, the rumours coming out of the club is that a few WILL be given there chance this coming year, That's why i wouldn't expect a lot of defensive signings.

5. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

I am here in peace. No offence but as a youngster where are you going to get better training Leeds are Barca? What lad would ever turn down a chance to join Barcelona the best team in the world, regining Champions League winners, the chance to train with the likes of Messi.

If your not going to make it at least this is the best place to fail as your more likely to get a second chance at a better club than you would if you were released by Leeds.

6. Que Somma Somma

Howson better than Delph, your funnyer than Miranda :D saying that ive seen a tin of dulux paint make me laugh more than she can

7. Whiteyorkist

Whiteyorkist Active Member

I haven't noticed Delph been selected in the England Under 21's squad for a while!!!

8. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

Yeah, I see your point actually. He will develop into a better player at Barca. But in terms of playing first team football, he won't there but will be a better player at the end of it. It's disapointing that we've lost ANOTHER young player. People talk about our academy not producing any players recently, but if some of these guys stayed, we'd have Woods, Taiwo, Garbutt, those 2 kids who went to City last year and Kebbie coming through.

9. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

No one said that. I said he'll develop into a better player than Delph. Whether that'll be true or not remains to be seen, but Delph would be a better player now had he stayed at Leeds. Win promotion, and have a year in the Championship or spend 2 years on a bench? Whatever you say about 'training with better players' etc. if you train at great training facilities like Thorpe Arch and put in the effort to improve, whilst playing first team every week, you'll be a better player than training at Aston Villa and not playing.

10. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

11. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

Yes, when Barcelona offer you a trial you take it!! The good thing for Leeds is that at least Barcelona's interest puts him in the shop window a lot more, and hopefully he ends up at a big club so that we can get some lovely compensation....expect at least £1m plus!! Bring it on!

12. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

He'll never make it at Barcelona. Stay at Leeds and he would have been treated as a future gem; now he's in Catalonia, he's just another kid of the same ability as the rest around him. He'll drop into their reserves, have a couple of loan moves, do **** all and end up plying his trade in the Spanish lower leagues. I'll sell my kidney to Neil Harris' gardener if he ever makes it at Barcelona.

13. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Think everyone's a winner here.
    Kid gets to be with his Mum and has a trial for the best team in the world.
    Leeds get a fat cheque for a player that MIGHT be good one day.
    The percentage of players coming through every youth academy that end up playing non league is alarmingly high <ok>

14. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Hmm.