1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds v City in the Coca cola cup match day thread

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DUNCAN DONUTS, Oct 23, 2016.

1. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

We should get big Sam, he might sort out our defense and probably won't tell a player like Naismith where to play!

Bah!

2. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Funny, isn't it, after the Birmingham game I came off the fence and said I thought AN wasn't right for us, having pretty much supported him up to then. Many of posters agree. We then have a run of games where performances remain poor, but we amass points against teams in the bottom half of the table and AN wins manager of the month. With a few notable exceptions posters on here who have been critical of AN either go quiet or change their mind and people start to moan that I have an agenda against AN and never happy. Now, after 3 really poor games, the pendulum stars to swing the other way. Truth is nothing's change AN doesn't suddenly stop being a good manager and become a poor one. For me there are too many inherent issues with the squad / team that need sorting, AN has had time and money to sort them, he hasn't. I fear that to get promoted this season we need to replace him, we won't because Norwich is a 'nice' club. Mid table mediocrity here we come.

ilovedelia and JM Fan like this.
  3. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

But seriously though, I wouldn't want them at the club, but can you imagine Colin, Warnock, Pulis losing a game where they're ahead with 20 minutes left - with a man advantage??

4. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I think we'd a 'false dawn' against a very poor Blackburn side and as you say carrow, we've amassed points over a few games. I'd love to see us get more bodies in the box when we are attacking, but that then leaves us vulnerable to a quick breakaway. Something needs to happen before 3pm on Saturday!!!

ilovedelia likes this.
  5. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

Aren't Colin and Warnock one of the same person Cromer ??

6. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Worse still, could you imagine them losing a game with 11 v 11 and only 4 minutes to go??? <doh>

7. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

I have not really deviated in my stance on AN, before the season started I said that after 10 games we would need to be in or around the top two and certainly in the top 6. He has kept us there so far. I then thought that if that is maintained to Xmas then he will have earned his chance to take us through to the finish.
    That ignores the football and the failings though. If you'd offered me our current position/points haul at the start of the season I think I'd have taken it, I wouldn't be overly enthuised about it but it's OK. However when you consider the failings of the team and the obvious problems, I would continue to worry that Neil is failing to really learn or improve. Lambert always managed to get more from the players and you felt that they were really playing to their maximum potential, Neil unfortunitely does not. Maybe I'm being unfair to Lamberts players and they were actually better than this lot? Or may be I'm being unfair to this lot and the oposition are just tougher? or they are doing as well as they can? I'm not sure I believe that though.
    Neil does though have my sympathy in so far as the transfer window was another disappointment and that for all the world he looked close to keeping us up in the PL. With better backing or no injury to Klose he may have done.
    So on the one hand he hasn't been backed properly in the transfer market, on the other he isn't doing quite as well as I'd like but has points on the board. I think I'll for now stick with my original thought process, if he has us drop out of the top 6 for more than 3 games on the trot or we drop more than 7 behind 2nd place, it might be time to give him the old heave ho!

Bah!

marknemo and mike555 like this.
  8. mike555

mike555 Well-Known Member

If we had won our last 3 games playing scintillating football , I hope I would not be so quick to gloat and tell you " I told you so" . It is a long old season and I am sure there will be many twists and turns along the way. . Although I obviously do not share your sentiment that AN should be sacked immediately, it does not mean I agree with a lot of his decisions , eg persisting in playing Brady who seems disinterested/out of form, selecting Martin ahead of Bennet , and not starting with Pritchard more often.
    I would be very interested to hear who you think should replace him , and exactly why you think they would be more successful . There is no point demanding changes if it transpires that there are no suitable alternatives. Someone suggested Sam Allardyce ( not for me !) , or perhaps Steve Bruce? C. Hughton lost the supporters due to his negative brand of football .....I don't suppose Brighton are complaining too much at the moment. None of us probably have all the answers, but is it just not conceivable that football supporters do not always know what is best for their club ?

DHCanary likes this.
  9. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

I think this has been our problem for many years, we don't go out and get a decent manager, always doing it on the cheap and hoping it works. Well it doesn't and it isn't. Instead of spending Millions on useless players like Naismith invest in a proven manager.

JM Fan likes this.
  10. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Mike555, there's a link on the General football thread about whether ncfc were right to dismiss Hughton - well worth a read.

11. carrowcanario

But that's the point, whether we won or lost the last 3 games in the the grand scheme of things irrelevant. AN has had plenty of time to show he's up to the job. The things that concern me about him do not change whether we happen to win or lose a couple of games.

JM Fan likes this.
  12. mike555

Cheers Cromer, I will definitely be having a read .

13. mike555

Fair enough CC , but as you are suggesting that AN should go now, who is to replace him ?

14. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Can we rest AN for a game?

ilovedelia likes this.
  15. carrowcanario

Not really sure at the moment. I don't pretend to know everyone whose potentially available. It may be we're have to wait for a while now. I think I would have considered Bruce when he was available.

ilovedelia likes this.
  16. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

You mean 'dropped' <ok>

JM Fan and ilovedelia like this.
  17. ilovedelia

We can only see what's happening now, in front of us, it's not up to us to go and find a new manager. But we need a proven person NOT another cheap gap filler.

JM Fan and carrowcanario like this.
  18. mike555

Granted , it is not up to us to find a new manager. But as there no names being put forward, it is safe to assume there are no obvious candidates for the job.And it is all very well wanting a proven manager ( something I agree with if AN were to go)however I think we might struggle to attract someone of real quality with Premiership experience.

JM Fan likes this.
  19. ilovedelia

Laurent Blanc....?

20. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

Same old garbage coming out of CR excuses for loosing when in the lead with not much of the match to go. The last three results were poor when playing lower placed teams so I don't have much faith in getting a decent result on Saturday. Trying to decide who, if any, wants to play for NCFC as clearly many have their own agendas. Too much player power or is AN loosing the plot?

ilovedelia and carrowcanario like this.