1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds Utd v Nottingham Forest Match thread / Breakfast debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 24, 2017.

?

Leeds Utd v Nottingham Forest

Poll closed Jan 25, 2017.
  1. 0-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-1

6.7%
  3. 2-2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 3-3 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Leeds by 1

33.3%
  6. Forest by 1

6.7%
  7. Leeds by 2

26.7%
  8. Forest by 2

6.7%
  9. Leeds by 3 or more

20.0%
  10. Forest by 3 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Took this off youtube, no disrespect to LR and Elland.

ristac likes this.
  3. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Forest are a very poor team and we matched em in the first half..,
    Second half we ran the legs off them and they were out of ideas after 50 minutes.
    Stuart Dallas was **** again.., sacko and Roofe should be our wide men.

In other news Green keeps his sixth consequtive clean sheet at Elland Road and wood knocks in his 20th goal of the season... **** knows what they would do if they were any good.
    I presume Taylor will be sold now, he is not required and aint worth risking bringing back into this defence.

4. Paul Hopkins

Paul Hopkins Well-Known Member

But Greens ****e and Wood has meant to miss for all 17 of his league goals....nothing to see here

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  5. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

Noel Whelan was saying Dallas played very well,but what does he know!?

Whitejock and ristac like this.
  6. LeedsLover

Popey and Whelan were saying Berardi played a good game at LB, which is not his natural position.

Whitejock and ristac like this.
  7. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

He produces **** all and in the first half he appeared to be trying to avoid receiving the ball.... Just dont rate him.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  8. LeedsLover

Totally agree LR, if he was any good he'd have bagged 30 by now, wouldn't he?.....:emoticon-0105-wink:

9. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Apart from our adopted delusional earlier on, haven't heard much from our Bermondsey Leeds massive tonight.

Has Easyjet run a late Citybreak Special to Dusseldorf?

:emoticon-0109-kiss:

10. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

Probably all sulking after Wood felled the trees.

11. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Evening all.

Poor first half again and for the same reasons, too slow in thinking and deed. Half turns backwards when a more positive approach would have led to more attacking play resulting in more corners etc from which we are dangerous.

Second half we upped the tempo. We didn't play any better just got the ball in more dangerous situations hence the two set piece goals.

Bartley and Jannson play so well together we looked very solid at the back. However Beradi whilst good defensively is not adding to the offensive side of our game like a quality left back would.

O' Kane felt his way back and hopefully will be sharper for those minutes on the pitch.

Not impressed by Dallas or Roofe as wide players. Neither have pace or trickery to trouble defenders, not saying they don't contribute to the team but it's an area that could be improved.

Really hope the ER crowd desist in shouting shoot at Doukara after his very well struck goal. It can't help his concentration and frankly we need the guy to concentrate.

Fantastic win in front of a very good crowd for a midweek fixture now let's get back to playing well and go for the top 2.

12. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Largely agree with your assessment, Jammy. Best thing I can say about the left side tonight was it was capable. Berardi did get a shot in, but skied it. Dallas was industrious as ever, but is a LM, not a winger. Actually, he's a world-first DLM :D Got knocked off the ball a few times tonight. Needs to eat a few more pies!

I think O'Kane got a huge kick up the arse at half time. Different player in the second half. His legs were failing him before he was subbed, as were Hernandez's. No surprise they were substituted - they were rightly fatigued by their work rate, so no disgrace in being subbed. Still like Roofe as a wide boy. Think he's better at AM tbh, but not yet good enough to oust Hernandez.

Heard Popey ask Monk about Sacko. Lots of guesswork NewsNow articles saying he was injured, but tbf to Monk, he's always been frank about injuries. And not once has his name been mentioned when injuries have been talked about. When they talked about him, Monk said that you have to be fit to get in the squad, making it clear that injury was not an issue, but fitness was. There was comment on the radio before the match where they said that Sacko had confirmed he wasn't injured, and simply wasn't getting selected for the match day squad 'for some reason or other'. I sincerely hope we don't have another Carayol / Botaka situation & with Sacko dying a death like they did. Hope he bucks up & works out what he has to do to be restored to the team. He's an asset when on his game.

Seen the highlights of Doukara's goal, & they don't do it justice. From our seats, we were directly behind his 'line of fire'. It absolutely fizzed, á la Yeboah, but if I'm honest, it was more skilfully done. Noel Whelan sort of confirmed this for me by saying that Doukara took it on the turn, which is a very difficult skill to master. The other thing to mention about him was that he was very positive tonight, with masses of energy (I guess scoring a worldie with your first kick does that to you :grin:). He should probably have played instead of Dallas, but the wee rest seemed to do him the world of good.

davy, Farsleyexile, ristac and 2 others like this.
  13. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Just got in and can't disagree with any of that - always said Doukarra is something special :bandit:

In all seriousness, did you notice he wheeled away almost as soon as he hit it? Think he just knew no keeper in the world was getting near to that.

Forest made us work for it and wouldn't be particularly critical of any player but would pick out Ayling, Bartley, Janson, Bridcutt and Wood as being big players for us tonight. Oh, and of course Green - made the one save he had to, always looked assured, barked instructions constantly - particularly to Ayling and even did a little dance for the South Stand when we asked him.

Farsleyexile and Whitejock like this.
  14. lifecheshirewhite

Not to mention Dukes miss hit cross.<doh>

15. Whitejock

I must confess I didn't notice him wheeling away. I watched the ball spellbound, jumped about a bit, then stood there stunned, until someone clattered me to make me sit down. That might have been the finest goal I've ever witnessed live - certainly by a Leeds player.

Meant to give a special mention to Bridcutt. I don't think I've ever seen him so up for it. I was actually a wee bit worried in the first half. He seemed to be getting a bit too nasty at times (which I loved :D ), & with another ref, he would certainly have got a yellow, & possibly 2 of them. Possibly his best performance for us IMO.

Marcos Barber and Farsleyexile like this.
  16. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Trouble is my lad is going to expect to see something like that every time we go - it was an absolute peach wasn't it?

Bridcutt immense got to agree.

Also, apart from the goal, don't remember Doukarra giving the ball away once and made one superb tackle between our box and the half way line. He's either started or stopped taking drugs and it worked <laugh>

Best thing about today for me, just looked in on a sound asleep little man and noticed all the Arsenal pictures have been taken down and his two Leeds scarves are draped on the end of his bed - gentlemen, I think my mission is complete :emoticon-0167-beer:

davy, OLOF, bucks_is_leeds and 5 others like this.
  17. Whitejock

Fantastic news! Lots of long drives ahead now, I guess. What an absolute pleasure for you! :1980_boogie_down:

18. LeedsLover

As Jammy said, it was a game of 2 halves again where we woke up during second half. We really need Monk and coaches to work on this, as the playoff finals draw closer teams are going to be hungrier, and take advantage of it; instead of being 0-0 at halftime it can easily be 1-0 or 2-0.

With respects to Jammy, Popey and Whelan mentioned Berardi was contributing a bit more to wing play, maybe trying it more during future games will kick the habit in. His shooting needs a bit of practice though, that's a couple of shots he's had in last few games, maybe he's getting a bit hungry and more confident, and maybe Monk/coaches have told him to try one every now and then. I've always thought and said, one of the problems with playing with a single striker, and our LB/RB's overlapping down wings means it's a long way to run back if we're caught on hop.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, we seem to be benefitting more from Hernandez's corners than Mowatts and others, hopefully they're watching him and learning.

Was a good corner from Hernandez and eventually Wood shinned one in, deflecting off a defender on it's way in, as Milkyboy said, 2 shin in's in 2 games; he's getting good at them.

Another good corner from Hernandez, only found a defender this time who passed it to Duke, who in turn did a half turn, said thank you very much and wham bam thank you mam powered it into top left hand corner, that was a rocket with a rocket up it's R's; you could even hear the retro's as Duke connected with ball.

We need to see more long shots from edge of box in front of goal.

I think we should've had more than 2 goals, but it was enough to give us 3 points after a shakey first half; but we need to be playing both halves back to back or it could still be championship football next season.......:emoticon-0148-yes:

19. Whitejock

I've said jokingly in the past when attending ER that we're often employing Mohammed Ali's "rope a dope" strategy as our game plan at ER. It was a joke to start, but now I'm not so sure. We regularly have a 'poor' first half, where we're on the ropes getting battered, then in the 2nd half, particularly in the last 20-30 mins, we seem to step up a gear & do the necessary. During this last spell we always look fitter than the opposition, but I'm now beginning to wonder if we've simply tired them out in the first hour, by having them constantly running & burning up adrenaline, leaving us to mop up when the post-adrenaline crash kicks in. As I said, it was a running joke at ER to start with, but I really think I'm on to something here (but logic still tells me it's nonsense). Perhaps regular attenders could keep this notion in mind over the next number of games & tell me what they think. Basically, the pattern is there - no doubt about it, but I'm not so sure it's deliberate. Doncha love a conspiracy theory? :D

20. Whitejock