1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds Utd v Bristol City / Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 13, 2017.

?

Scoreline: Leeds Utd v Bristol City

Poll closed Feb 14, 2017.
  1. 0-0

6.7%
  2. 1-1

13.3%
  3. 2-2

6.7%
  4. 3-3 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Leeds by 1

13.3%
  6. Bristol City by 1

6.7%
  7. Leeds by 2

33.3%
  8. Bristol City by 2

6.7%
  9. Leeds by 3 or more

6.7%
  10. Bristol City by 3 or more

13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Leeds Utd v Bristol City
    Tuesday 14th February 2017 @19.45pm
    Streaming links to follow
    Good Morning Everyone,

Jansson is unlikely to be fit to face Bristol City tomorrow night.

Monk hinted that the Sweden international was unlikely to recover in time for the second of two back-to-back home fixtures.

His absence saw Liam Cooper come into United’s line-up for only his sixth league start of the season but two cheap goals – the first scored by Cardiff defender Sean Morrison with a free header – ended United’s run of six straight victories at Elland Road.

Bridcutt will also miss out following his red card on Saturday.

2. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Shamrock Rovers 3 Leeds Utd u23's 1

please log in to view this image

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all, been a long time since we had back to back defeats we have enough quality in the squad to win comfortably against Bristol, let's hope they show up.

4. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Not confident. There have been many games where results have flattere us this season. We dont produce enough good chances and dont work hard enough cloding down.

I would bite your hand off for finishing 6th.. I think we are out of gas ans out of ideas. The back up players are not good enough and as soon as any of our first eleven are out or have a bad game we are in tr

Farsleyexile and Brendan Sheerin like this.
  5. Brendan Sheerin

Brendan Sheerin Well-Known Member

I have to agree, my confidence in the squad has diminished.

6. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all.

I think the failing confidence in the back up players is a little premature. Look at the end of 2016. We had players out like Bridcutt, Wood, O Kane and Taylor and we had one of our best spells.

Everyone was raving about Viera last month but now, after a couple of bad results, he is being lambasted.
    Wood missed a handful of games and everyone panicked, We won those games and if memory serves me right scored four goals in one of them. The only time we have scored that many this season.
    Lewie Coyle has shown himself to be perfectly good cover at right back.
    Phillips has shown good form in places this season, obviously mixed in with moments of madness.
    Antonsson has been a disapointment but this maybe due to his lack of game time. While Wood is doing so well though he wont get the time.

I have to say what an unbelievably fickle bunch you lot are. Yes, the form of the last couple of weeks has been poor compared to the rest of the season but it is a bit too early to be calling it season over or preaching doom and gloom.
    If the current form continues I will be concerned but at the moment I am taking it as a blip and seeing what Monk does about it. He has done brilliantly this season and everyone has been singing his praises. Two losses in a row and you can almost hear the hoof beats of the four horsemen coming.
    On here and especially on Twitter people just need to calm down for a little while longer. If in a week or two things havent improved then we can hold the disaster talks, Until then we have another game tomorrow. Lets trust in Monk and his coaches and heres to 3 points tomorrow night. MOT

OLOF, Aski, davy and 4 others like this.
  7. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Morning all

Squad is too small in certain places. We've really messed up the transfer window chasing after Fletcher for the whole month. The moment Payet left for France we should have turned our attention to Bogle and pipped Wigan to the signing. We should have gone in for a CB at the start of the month as well. We've had since September 1st to find a CB and put a bid in for him but no let's go after Fletcher.

I agree with Glory we've run out of gas but what do expect when we've only got a senior squad of 26 players and 2 of them a reserve keepers

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  8. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Great post <ok> Morning all

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    hemase likes this.
  9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Season is going great and yes we lost a couple but so have Newcastle & Brighton. Monk is no flash in the pan and you can guarantee the players selected will be wanting to keep their shirt. Stop panicking this is the best season we've had for a dozen years and even if the wheels fall off and we finish 7th it has been magnificent. Lets try and keep calm and see what happens shall we, unlike some twats on Twitter who went overboard and wanted players beaten up, booing, sack the manager yadayadayada. Just get the fook out of Leeds you fooking retards

ellandback, davy, hemase and 3 others like this.
  10. Chippy / Glory

Nobody here is on anyones back, apart from me being on cellinos.
    The squad is too small, still too many nobody players in it, and we all know that it was cellino that didnt get transfer business done or pre season agreed in the summer and left us under cooked in august. If we had been ready this blip wouldnt have mattered....

We look knackered and only once have we looked fit enough to play for 90 mins (Derby). Imo its not rope a dope but lack of fitnesss that means we dont close games out and always have bad spells in games.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.

11. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Think this game depends on who gets the first goal, score it youll win it, let it in crowd will be on your backs <ok>

12. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

The good thing is we know Leeds are capable of playing good football and beating teams. The thing we lack above all is consistency. hopefully this will come over time ( we hope ).

hemase likes this.
  13. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

I think the fact we got a small squad doesn't help the consistency of our performances. It feels like we played 2 games a week since August. The players must be feeling the drain by now

14. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

As I can't even give tickets away for tomorrow I have relented and will make the long journey up with my delinquent son. The bad news is he will think I have given in despite his recent behaviour, the good news is, he tends to be a lucky charm with any match he goes to so let's hope that holds up.

Can't understand the panic, in a few months we have gone from bottom three to top three and down again to fifth - the one thing we have been is incredibly consistent, especially with our squad that is apparently so lacking.

If you take Barnsley away as a derby game against a team doing well out as disappointing but hardly surprising, the only game we have lost in months that should be surprising is Cardiff on Saturday - it happens - Blackburn beat the bar codes home and away.

If we have top six aspirations the next two look winnable and, if we do that the games will be closing out and the pressure rising on the likes of Norwich and Derby who really can't slip up.

If we fall short, so be it - top 8 or 9 will still be much better than many of us thought possible in September and we will find out in the summer what our ownership will look like going forward and whether Rad is the real deal.

If we went up and he hasn't got money it could be a very long season, if we stay down and he has, we should have a really good go next year. If we stay down and he hasn't ...... Deja vu!!

Stopping over so will have a few sherbets and will post a report from the hotel. No doubt it will be suitably derogatory about Doukarra after a few pints <laugh>

On a different note, anyone else think Howsons goal on Saturday was similar to Doukarras mis kick against Forest? <whistle>

15. Chippy / Glory

No wonder he is off the rails. Set a punishmebt and then cave in. What message does that send.
    Todays scarer of little old ladies is tomorrows drug dealer.
    #allyourfault

16. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

not the Duke.hes a star honest.hes just a lazy bastard the rest of the time.he reminds me of an oversize spoilt kid.

17. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Sadly, and I hate to have it dragged out of me, but I think the eternally resident Wallie has a point. <doh>

Just like the Leeds twitterati, the ER crowd is a bit trigger happy when things start to go wrong, and the flip side of being inspired by the crowd is being too frightened to touch the ball. I thought Sacko, Hernendez, Doukara and Dallas all looked scared to shoot on Saturday, the only one apart from Wood willing to take a pop was Roofe.

Monk needs to instil a bit of attacking midfield confidence - quite how he does that I don't know, but that's why he's the manager and not me.

What would be inexcusable for this squad is the heads going down if they go behind, they've already proved they are better than that.

Keep the faith, best year as a Leeds fan in ages. MOT

Whitejock and Farsleyexile like this.
  18. Marcos Barber

I'm surprised to see you here tonight all things considered <laugh>

19. Marcos Barber

Most of that rings true, there's just one bit that is troubling me <whistle>

20. Chippy / Glory

Never run, never cry.