1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds Utd v Brentford Match thread / Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Dec 15, 2016.

?

SCORELINE:Leeds Utd v Brentford

Poll closed Dec 17, 2016.
  1. 0-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-1

7.1%
  3. 2-2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 3-3 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Leeds by 1

28.6%
  6. Brentford by 1

7.1%
  7. Leeds by 2

35.7%
  8. Brentford by 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Leeds by 3 or more

28.6%
  10. Brentford by 3 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

Berardi looked quite rusty when he came on. Still, I've never thought he's looked that comfortable at LB

2. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Great result in the end. The 3 pts were all that mattered. <ok>

3. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

So another game we would have lost in previous seasons. One effort on target resulting in the solitary goal but it was a good goal. Took the corner quickly, changed the angle and then a beautiful left foot clipped cross by Dallas resulting in Bartley soaring high to glance it in to the net.

Everything else we did in the game was slow and ponderous. Passing for passings sake, nearly all of it in our own half. Thought I was watching Reading and couldn't believe we just kept doing it over and over again. Up ahead of those laborious back four indulgers, Sacko, Roofe and Doukara tried manfully to make runs for balls that were never delivered. Phillips and Vieria played across and backwards resulting in more pointless possession and starting the whole sorry process off again.

Brentford were poor but grew into the game and if they had won 1-0 you couldn't have really complained. According to their manager their goal disallowed for offside should have stood. Haven't seen any replays but the flag went up immediately and that Linesman was flag happy all game giving many offsides that looked level.

In my opinion we have really missed O'Kane, he has that ability to link the play from back to front and work those little triangles in tight areas that then frees up the wider players. Wood also was a big miss yesterday, listened to some clowns on Radio Leeds on the way to the game saying how anyone can score tap ins and they don't rate Wood. Jesus what does the guy have to do, 14 goals and counting. It's his movement in the area that gets him those goals not luck.

Charlie Taylor went off with an injury so let's hope it was just a knock as we can't afford to lose him at the moment.

Suggest we need 3 quality signings in January but to be honest if we get could get everyone fit then maybe just one would be enough as there does seem to be a tremendous spirit in the group.

Marcos Barber and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  4. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Undoubtedly Hernandez, O'Kane, Bridcutt and Wood improve that team from yesterday. A quality striker, midfielder and left winger would give us a massive chance. As you say, a game we would have lost in many previous seasons.

Preston and Villa away, Rotherham and Derby home - you would have to hope for 7 + points and we will still be right in the mix. Add a touch more quality and we should be involved in the business end of the season for a change :emoticon-0148-yes:

Jammy 07 likes this.
  5. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Their offside was right in front of us and it was clear.
    But sacko was flagged twice in second half when he was atleast a yard onside. But was so quick the lino guessed wrong!

6. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Really not sure about Sacko, seems to do a trick / showboat when not necessary, when the ball could be played quicker.

7. Chippy / Glory

Seems to take every set back to heart. With his pace we have yo persevere with him. He could turn out to be a regular game changer.
    Would always pick him ahead of Dullarse.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  8. Marcos Barber

Dallas set up Doukara and the goal and works really hard. I know he's not top class but can't understand your real dislike of him.

On another note, what do you think of RV? We need to be going up quickly because he is one that will play in the Premier for me and it wouldn't surprise me at all if it is to one of the top sides. For 18 his touch and strength are astonishing and I think he will be top class.

9. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

How far ahead have sky announced their live games? I'm trying to line up next trip and don't want to end up with unused plane tickets again

10. Chippy / Glory

He is 18 and although he looks class atm, but you know how often youg kids go off the rails, dont develop as you think they will, or decide women and beer are more important.

Dullarse is a worker but i like wingers to take a man on and cause the excitement that gets you out of ur seat, Paddy is dull...

11. Chippy / Glory

Why not google it? <doh>

Rotherham wont be moved!

12. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Good point but flights 370 ha

13. Leedsoflondon

Agree, just needs to get better with his decision making on when to play the final ball. That said I thought the whole team needed to move ball quicker yesterday.

14. Chippy / Glory

Agreed. But this slow tempo must be monks tactics.
    I drives me mad, starts with Rob Greens short throw or kick and we piss about until pressed to go long in panic.
    Much better to clear long on the basis you will win half the clearences and you start 50 yards further up the pitch.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  15. Leedsoflondon

Poor bastard, with a name like his, he's gonna have to be top class <yikes>

Marcos Barber likes this.
  16. Jammy 07

Vieira is learning all the time and has definitely improved from the beginning of the season. Liked the way Monk took him out of the team for a while. It's important to give these talented youngsters a chance to reassess when they break through. It gives them time to work on things in training and then come back even better. Also he'll benefit massively from having Bridcutt alongside him.

Dallas is a bit dull I agree. He needs to be at the top of his game to be effective wheres Sacko scares the life out of defenders with his pace and trickery. If we had better playmakers with the right vision then Sacko with that run inside the full back would be getting payed in all the time. You can see they've been working on it in training so hopefully it will start coming off more once we have Bridcutt and O'Kane back in the team.

Even though we were poor yesterday at least we can see improvement both with personnel and coaching. Take a look at the team that played Preston the last game of last season for proof of that.

Marcos Barber likes this.
  17. Marcos Barber

There's only one Ronaldo For me and Patrick was OK in my book, he thought Keane was a Cnut too :emoticon-0148-yes:

Leedsoflondon likes this.
  18. Chippy / Glory

Yep named after fat ronaldo not scum ronaldo.:emoticon-0148-yes:
    #pushyparentsyndrome

19. Jammy 07

We had a few problems yesterday when Taylor went off.

On 2 of their free kicks we had no one covering the left back slot and it nearly cost us.

Also don't forget how important Wood is for us defensively.

20. Leedsoflondon

Called his brother Romario so no pressure there then either <laugh>