1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds and us

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just 6 games into the season, it looked all over for Monk at Leeds with Cellini on his case. They'd just been beaten at home by Huddersfield and had dropped into the bottom 3 relegation spots.

We had a new manager as well in Trollope and despite playing ****, were at least a few places clear of them at the time. Just after that they played and beat us at the CCS, Monk survived and the rest is history.

Fast forward 10 games and look at it now. We're still just outside the trap door 3 (thanks purely to Warnock), but I read this on the Beeb report of the Leeds game on Satuday..........

"Leeds have taken 22 points from their last 10 games, a run which has seen them climb from 22nd place to sixth in under two months."

Now I'm not being funny, but 22 points in 10 games is bloody sensational and moved them into the top 6. If Monk can do that then I reckon so can Warnock.

When you compare the two squads, and I know we're no world beaters, there's no reason why Warnock can't emulate that sort return over the next couple of months. If he does, then Tan should back him to the hilt in January.

Autos apart, the way this league is going, those last 20 odd games in the New Year will be all to play for regarding a top 6 slot.

2. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

Our chronic lack of attacking pace will stop us competing for the top 6 or going on a run like you mention. I do think Warnock will be making attacking players with pace a priority in January though.

The only way I'd see us getting near the playoffs is if we can move to mid table before Jan, then add some pace, then we might be able to replicate the sort of superb run Leeds are on.

I'm sure we'll stay up with Warnock, I'd have taken that when Trollope was sacked.

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Safety definitely the priority but no reason not to hope.......<laugh>

What Monk has achieved at Leeds this past couple of months should not be regarded as non repeatable by others. If anyone can do it Warnock can with the right support.

Stevoldinho likes this.