1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lee johnson gone on a season loan

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by banksyisourhero, Aug 26, 2011.

1. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2432600,00.html

The most interesting part I found in this article is that it states Lee has entered the last year of his contract which is contrary to some opinions on here that he signed a 3 year deal recently.

We really do need a clear out so I cant say I'm too bothered by this bit of news, but good luck mate, you did have some good games here and you
    do deserve a chance to prove yourself without any of the attached baggage.

2. Lummiepie

Lummiepie Member

The BCFC press dude has just put on Twitter that its a 93 day emergency loan and City have the right to recall him.

I cant see him playing many games and hopfully Chesterfield will pay a percentage of his wages.

LJ was a solid player that was given an unbelievable amount a grief without ever doing any thing other than his best. I wish him nothing but good things for the rest of his career, as long as its not at Ashton Gate.

3. banksyisourhero

You're quite right it is a 93 day loan deal. My mistake.

I dont think we will ever see him at Ashton gate again though.

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Does he have family in Chesterfield?? RedSide on another forum ask's..?<party>

5. banksyisourhero

6. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Oh dear, who you gonna blame now? Keith cant take all the stick surely?? :)

7. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

One of the players in recent years that did try and play football, rather than the hoof and hope trash we tend to play now.
    Good luck to the lad and hope he gets better treatment from thier fans compared to some of ours..
    Remember, he had a big part to play, leading up to our playoffs for the premiership. I thank him for that.
    Those were the days!!!!!

8. Caldicot Cider Red

Caldicot Cider Red Well-Known Member

Never had a problem with LJ myself......if the current lot were half as committed to the cause as he was we would be a lot happier bunch.
    Good luck junior!

9. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Can't remember any quote that he signed any contract recently. His father was sacked from City 18 months ago, but 3 months prior to his demise he gave his son an extended contract. That's the only thing I've ever read on here or on the old 606.
    Am I glad he's gone, bet your life.
    The luckiest boy who ever played football who's been paid £6k a week to sit in the stand for most of the time since somebody other than his father picked the team. All these rose tinted views of LJ is beyond belief. He was ok in L1 and that's where he's going now. He was found out in the CCC but his idiot father kept picking him which sped his downfall.
    Do I wish him well, of course I do, the fact remains - he's the luckiest boy who ever played CCC football.

ps - I do however agree with Caldicot -'if the current lot were half as committed to the cause as he was'

10. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Being "committed to the cause" is only a start - you still have to have the abiltiy to perform to achieve overall success.

The much vaunted term "work ethic" is something we are hearing a lot in Cardiff at the moment under Malky, and it's certainly the basis on which to construct a winning formula.

We tried it the other way around last season with plenty of skill in the side but lacking that basic element - it didn't work (but only just!). This year we are building, and dependent upon how quickly it comes together, we could be in with a shout in 8 months time.

Where do you guys need to start? Have you enough skill in the side right now, or are you looking for "work ethic" to save you rather than push you forward?

11. Caldicot Cider Red

Caldicot Cider Red Well-Known Member

I think "potentialy" there is enough skill in the side. We have all seen what the likes of Elliot,Pitman,Adomah ect "can" do on the day,but they and thier team mates seem to be lacking so far this term. I myself am finding it hard to see exactly why...........as the old saying goes,you don't become bad overnight.
    The general feelings Oldsparkey are its a morale/leadership thing. Our captain,Mr Bristol City himself Louis Carey has been out injured and Milly has not convinced most of us he is the motovating type...........
    we have definately lost that "fight to the bitter end" attitude we used to have.
    A goal down now and it looks like no coming back for us I'm affraid.

12. Lan Logger

Lan Logger Well-Known Member

<laugh> <ok>

13. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

REDPRINTT! You never had a good word to say about LJ, mate, mate, mate, mate, mate, he however always gave our club 100%, thats 90% more than you ever gave, supporters? like you do more damage than good, so I wish you could go out on a season long loan, or better, 75year loan, cheerio "MATE"!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Mag

Mag Member

He's definitely a player who split opinion down at the Gate but the stick he got from some fans was frankly appalling. He was an easy target when GJ was manager.

I saw many games when the team as whole played poorly but he carried the can for the lot of 'em. I thought LJ was a decent enough player who generally did a job for us. Iniesta he ain't.........but the likes of Iniesta don't play for the likes of City. LJ is a good pro and we're hardly pulling up trees without him!

I wish the lad well and hope that he has at least some good memories of his time with us.

15. Alandicksthegreat

Alandicksthegreat Well-Known Member

100% agree, redprintt take note, nice to see a honest opinion, about a honest pro, wish LJ all the best.