1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lascelles and Dummet get contract extensions by Rafa

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I'm all for this.
    Lascelles played 4 months with a broken body to set the right example to his players.
    Fans got on his back and he kept quiet about his injuries until after the season.
    The bloke is made of solid teak physically and mentally.
    Also great news about Dummett.
    The lad is local, gives 100% and is very versatile across the back.
    He'll only get better too.

Overall I'm really happy with this news tbf.

2. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Beat me to it, might need to delete my copycat thread!
    Dead happy with it mate, showing mentality of a player holds as much importance as talent

J. J. McClure likes this.
  3. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Absolutely mate. For such a young man too.

4. daztoc

daztoc Well-Known Member

I hope its a good, long and lucrative contract as my only fear is if Lascelles has a stormer this season then a top 6 side will come sniffing.

5. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

Do people honestly think Dummett is good enough for a 5 year contract. Decent enough Championship player, but will be roasted in the PL. He may be local and give 100%, but so did Saylor and he too was always getting pelters on here.

Flash likes this.
  6. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Less injury prone and better defensively.
    People got on Taylor's back in the end out of frustration. Had no moans when he was in the championship just sadly injury ruined his good run

7. anyobrien

anyobrien Well-Known Member

I like dummy think he gets a ruff ride for basically just doing his job and following managers orders. Great pro and time on his sidey

8. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Yes. Good defender and getting better. Under-rated IMHO. Even if Rafa brings in a better attacking LB, he's just what you want as a more defensive option and for back up for injuries. He's the type that would just get his head down and not kick off at being left out too.

9. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Not bad at CB either which is a bonus - think he might fit in quite well as cover if we do go with 3 at the back

Tol3 and General Lee Speaking like this.
  10. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Like new signings, I'll bet.

Unfathomable we're now lauding a long term contract for Dummett, of all people. An average, but consistent I'll grant you, Championship level footballer all set to be out first choice left back in the Premier League. Again.

I'm fairly astonished that we seem to be relying on the same players who took us down, with an added few swapsies, and are now supposed to push up the Premier League?

"News" this morning that we're looking at loan deals for the season ahead. Driving me mental, this Summer.

Wake up. Check news. No news. Plod through day. No news. Check in the evening. No news. Go to bed. Rinse and repeat. As I've said before, everyone knew about Lejeune for 5 weeks before he finally signed. Our interest in Tampax was also know for absolutely ages. It doesn't bode well that we are solidly linked with absolutely no-one else. And I mean no-one. A flirtatious rumour with Jacob Murphy and a recurrence of a loan link to Loftus-Cheek is all I've seen that has any semblance of realism. Excuse me for not getting excited.

Wuh-re DOOMED.

Gordonthetoony likes this.

11. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Er no way I'd have given Dummett a new contract for 5 yrs. That's nuts for me.

As for Lascelles, again I'd have waited.

All that said, contracts mean **** all now. Just a method of preventing free transfers.

Flash likes this.
  12. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Exactly - just makes it easier if clubs come knocking to say - but he's just signed a 5yr contract, therefore you need to pay top dollar

13. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

I think Lacelles will get better and better. He's got the tools he just needs a bit more experience. Dummett had a good year. I just can't help thinking he doesn't offer enough going forward. Makes us a bit lop sided when we have the ball. A bit predictable. He would probably do very well in a 3.