1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kodi discussion

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swan_and_only, Aug 3, 2016.

1. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Series I recommend;

Narcos
    Bastard Executioner

Enjoy.

Jager likes this.
  2. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Will take a look , thanks :)

3. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

For those that connect via Wi-Fi,may I suggest you hardwire for a better feed.

swan_and_only and Jager like this.
  4. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Deep Space Nine and also Enterprise are there as well. It's part of the build up for the new series which will start early 2017. It will be aired on Netflix.

5. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Simply put, Kodi is open-source software designed specifically with home entertainment in mind – and it's totally free. Although it was originally created for the Microsoft Xbox and called Xbox Media Center (XBMC), the software has continued to evolve - spawning a community of its own.

Unlike services like Chromecast or Plex, Kodi is managed by the non-profit XBMC Foundation, but it's constantly being modified and upgraded by hundreds of coders around the world. Since its creation in 2003, Kodi has been shaped by more than 500 software developers and more than 200 translators.

Tip: The £34.99 ($39.99) Amazon Fire TV Stick is one of the best Kodi streaming devices. It’s wireless, cheap and delivers a solid stream

This is a good site to get you started roof

http://www.alphr.com/software/10022...-to-know-about-the-app-formerly-known-as-xbmc

swans-m likes this.
  6. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Is there any benefit to me getting a box or stick or whatever ?
    I use my Mac to stream matches anyway - I either watch on the Mac, hook it up to my TV in the lounge or AirPlay via Apple TV in my bedroom if wife and daughter are demanding the lounge TV.
    I don't really watch many films due to time constraints but what I do watch I download as with a 200MB Virgin fibre line it takes 5 mins to download a movie.
    I'm just not sure what another box would give me that I don't have already ?

7. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

I don't like DS9 to be honest, can never get into it. Didn't know about the new one airing on Netflix, will have to keep an eye on that.

8. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I found DS9 a bit difficult in the beginning but it eventually grew on me.
    I worked a Star Trek convention a few years ago and DS9 won me over - partly because some of the cast members were onstage talking about it.

9. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Firestick will just be easier to use instead of plugging your computer in and out. Also you can control from a smart phone using the app. I had a android box a few years and the firestick actually is cheaper and faster. Additionally, because it's a like a USB stick it just fits behind the TV without any evidence it's there.

Negatives; deleting the cache every day to keep it running smoothly

10. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Well I like simple, I bought a raspberry box that is hooked up to the tv for about £60, I do watch films and programmes on it, and find it great for that. I don't really watch any live tv at all these days unless it's football or olympics. It's like on demand tv you watch what you when you want. You can get an android box for less than £30 these days, and it's okay for now and then, get a better box for the price I paid and it will be good for all day use if you want.

11. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I already have Virgin, and like you I rarely watch live TV unless sport or news. I have BT sport with my Virgin package, and use Sky Go as part of parents package - so I think I'm covered for everything really.

Jager and swan_and_only like this.
  12. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Yea sounds like it.

13. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I don't think I've watched live TV for years now. Unless it's football on BT sports and SSN

14. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Jager likes this.
  15. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

One mans " Simply Put " is another man's " Ahhhh , What " .
    Try to keep in mind , your dealing with a " Roofer " , I can barely read and right .

swans-m, swan_and_only and swantastic like this.
  16. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Roof I am hopeless when it comes to Tech and I have one of these Kodi box things. Couldnt get anything for ages and to be fair the guys on here (particularly 5) and since it seems to have better days than others, but get to watch most swans away games and films coming out of my ears. it is worth a go.

Can anyone tel me is this amazon stick any good, want to put a Tv in a room where there is no aerial point and wanted to try the stick, is it worth it.

17. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

I'll talk to my sons .....if they answer the phone , even my dogs don't like me ...lol

swans-m likes this.
  18. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Whilst we talking tv and stuff on here, has anyone gone with Sky Q ? Is it any good, is it worth the £56 a month without sports and films?

19. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

My mate has it as he is an Engineer with Sky, he said it took some getting used to but now loves it, I have had a couple of demos from him and it looks awesome, 4 TV's I think and 4 watch/record instead of 2, lots of qurky little things like a touch pad and I think he said you can watch another programme in the corner while watching the main one and switch back and forth, like simultaneous football games.

I am no tech head, but if I didn't have 3 multi rooms and all packages, I would probably go for it, I think it would cost me to much.

Jager likes this.
  20. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Thing is about it is that you get one extra box for another room for that £56, and extra boxes cost £99 each, but you don't pay any more for multi rooms, so £56 will be for the main room and a maximum of 4 boxes in other rooms. I am thinking about it just not for sports and movies as kodi with addons covers all that